About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - pages 2, 3 of its original capture were never archived, so some posts from those pages are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-12-08, 12:44
MyUsername MyUsername is offline
Regular
 
Default Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Good day fellas (and lesbians I suppose)!
May I ask what you think is better and why: a girly little prissy girl or one who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty and is kinda tomboyish?

 #2 
Old 2002-12-08, 14:03
Frey Grimrod Frey Grimrod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

To treat as an object a prissy girl.

To actually enjoy having a relationship with a tomboy.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-08, 16:22
Painkillers Painkillers is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Clearly a bit of both. A girl who can look cute and girly girl as you put it. But also will be tomboyish at other times.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-08, 18:48
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Tomboy, definitely. They're generally more real, more true to themselves, more confident, and girls who don't like to do anything active normally bore the shit out of me. Real quiet, demure types turn me off... grow a spine already.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-08, 18:55
NickSG NickSG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

all but 1 of all the black girls i have gone out with were tomboys. I dont really like them, so that is why i got out with mexican and white girls(and phillipeno).
 #6 
Old 2002-12-08, 19:10
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

of course everyman wants the tomboy personality with the prissy bitche's looks all rolled into one package. if i have to choose i pick the middle ground because lets face it, except for a select few all the hardcore tomboys also look like boys.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-08, 21:30
jumpunderaboat jumpunderaboat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

quote:
Originally posted by syphon detonator:
except for a select few all the hardcore tomboys also look like boys.


This is very true
 #8 
Old 2002-12-08, 23:27
Jacross Jacross is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

yeah i think everyone would want a combination but its more of a which side do you like more.

I'd have to go tomboy too.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-09, 01:31
pretty pinay pretty pinay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

My experience as a girl is that guys like both......and especially both at the SAME TIME in the SAME GIRL. I can catch all the guys attention and preferences when I do a mostly guy's sport (my skateboarding), and while doing it wear hot, feminine clothes (Gallaz stuff- short shorts, or cargo pants with tank top, and of course knee pads and Vans shoes). When I get on my board (with blue risers for night riding) and do a kick-flip on a fly box, or a 50-50 truck slide on a grind box or do a pipe, both the guys who like feminine girls and the guys who like what you call "tom-boys", are looking with hungry eyes. Works for me!!(ha ha). Love, Venus.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-09, 01:57
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Mmmmm jsut thinking about it.... I say, if it was a scale, more towards the girly girl side, even so she should have a personality and have her own mind. I just want an interesting girl, perhaps one of those hot gamer girls out there, I know they exist
 #11 
Old 2002-12-09, 03:21
CallMeBob CallMeBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Falcon the number of hot gaming girls would be close to 100 at best.

Not just in US btw.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-09, 07:39
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

quote:
Originally posted by CallMeBob:
Falcon the number of hot gaming girls would be close to 100 at best.

Not just in US btw.



Well shit, I feel all proud then. Assuming you include all consoles and PC games, I know at least 5% of the hot gamer girls on the planet. That's pretty impressive for one person.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-09, 07:50
bribble13 bribble13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

to pick up a tombo is different to picking up a girly girl, or atleast for me it is, i personally find girl girls better because i know how get them but i'm screwed when it comes to tomboys...
 #14 
Old 2002-12-09, 08:16
insertnamehere insertnamehere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

tomboys scare the shit out of me every once in a while. sometimes its hard to tell the diference between a tomboy and just a normal boy. but ...yeh...a mixture of the two would be nice. a pretty skater girl.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-09, 11:38
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

I like girls that can take care of themselves and aren't going to fall to peices on me. I like 'em a little tough, and a little rough.
 #16 
Old 2002-12-09, 12:07
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Both are extremes. But I definitly go more for the tomboy type girls, as long as they're good looking. But what really gets me is a girl who looks feminine but doesn't really act it. I guess what I like is the type of girl that looks girly, but isn't afraid to get in a serious fight with someone bigger than her, and doesn't act all scared of everything.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-09, 21:35
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

quote:
Originally posted by CallMeBob:
Falcon the number of hot gaming girls would be close to 100 at best.


That just makes the chase more fun! but seriously, there are plenty of hot girl gamers out there and they don't all flock to girly games like everquest. Some play the very same FPS that you enjoy. It may be only a small percentage, but hey: They're out there!
 #18 
Old 2002-12-09, 22:06
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

I don't like fps games.. prefer THPS and that kind of stuff
 #19 
Old 2002-12-09, 22:33
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

The current Asian cutesy kitsch thing shits me no end.

Tomboy, so long as she looks like a female.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-09, 22:43
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

A girl who doesnt complain about every little thing and isnt afraid of insects, gardner snakes or mice.

Any one seen a woman jump on a chair and screams when she sees a daddy long legs knows what I mean.
 #21 
Old 2002-12-09, 22:44
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

quote:
Originally posted by bribble13:
to pick up a tombo is different to picking up a girly girl, or atleast for me it is, i personally find girl girls better because i know how get them but i'm [b]screwed when it comes to tomboys...[/B]


A tomboy would be different in your case. If a tomboy liked you, she would be hitting on you instead of waiting like the girly girls.
 #22 
Old 2002-12-09, 22:46
cheezzdipp cheezzdipp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

speaking of girly girls, what do you think about those j-lo sweatsuits, totally gross or just 'girly'?
 #23 
Old 2002-12-09, 22:56
bribble13 bribble13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

quote:
Originally posted by gombowlzombie:
A tomboy would be different in your case. If a tomboy liked you, she would be hitting on you instead of waiting like the girly girls.


that's why i'm screwed, because i can't pick them up. they defy the hell out of me.
 #24 
Old 2002-12-09, 23:23
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

If I could find a woman who liked politics, guns, fast cars, and getting wasted, my faith in women would be restored.
 #25 
Old 2002-12-10, 04:37
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Tomboy. Hands down. A girl who can fix an internal combustion engine and klunk somebody on the head with a wrench for pissing her off would turn me on more than the Victoria's Secret fashion show.
 #26 
Old 2002-12-27, 00:03
Ennacent Ennacent is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

I like the ones that are in between or just a little on one side or the other. The extremely preppy high-pitched "Oh-my-God-I-broke-a-nail" bitches make me want to rip my own fingernails off and some of the extremely dikey chicks make me want to watch them pee just to make sure they're not hiding a dick (not that I'd mind, but it's nice to know for sure what gender people are sometimes).
 #27 
Old 2002-12-27, 00:58
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

verily, dont want any "Oh im just a helpless girl" shit. They have to be able to defend themselves at least a little.
 #28 
Old 2002-12-27, 01:33
loutre bottom mistress loutre bottom mistress is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Check this out i used to be a mechanic and i have a chevy s-10 with a small block 350 NOT street legal but when i let my hair down for a night of partying you would never believe it execpt if we get into an argument over cars, hunting,mud riding or any outdoor event Tomboys are in!!!!!!
 #29 
Old 2002-12-27, 02:25
jumpunderaboat jumpunderaboat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Okie Dokie so your a geezer then.
 #30 
Old 2002-12-27, 08:57
Aspera Aspera is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

I agree with you to an extent... So called girly girls and tomboys mostly exist in movies... Anyone who fits these descriptions in reality is just being pretentious... The girl you may think prissy because she doesn't want to stain her dress may be a hard ass in the Army... Who knows...People can be complex...

I was just annoyed at all these post that said "tomboy, hands down!"... I don't get how not being feminine equates being attractive to a hetero male... Something about that seems insincere and false... Like these guys are going out of their way to sound sensitive and accepting to girls who want to be boys...


quote:
Originally posted by NGNeer:
Aspera, while your opinions may be perfectly valid, your personal experience does not comprise the sum total of all possible events on Earth. There are types of people that exist regardless of your belief or disbelief in them, and the mechanically inclined human female happens to be one of them.

Can we keep an open mind here, please?





[This message has been edited by Aspera (edited 12-27-2002).]
 #31 
Old 2002-12-27, 10:18
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

quote:
Originally posted by Aspera:
People can be complex...

I was just annoyed at all these post that said "tomboy, hands down!"... I don't get how not being feminine equates being attractive to a hetero male



Could be because people are complex.

If you can open your mind to the idea that someone can find non-physical qualities in a girl attractive or sexy, this isn't a tough concept to grasp. I find the generally accepted idea of feminine boring as hell, so an intelligent girl who's just like "fuck that" will probably be interesting to me. I find myself drawn to girls who are physically active, and to girls who are fearless- does this help explain what I was saying about one who snowboards well getting my attention?

A girl can do all this and not cease being female, which is what you're more or less suggesting is the case. The idea that a girl who doesn't put effort into looking good is being un-feminine is patently ridiculous. She's just choosing not to wear makeup or great clothes or whatever.

You mentioned the "prissy" girl who doesn't want to mess up her dress being a hard-ass in the Army, so you're perfectly open-minded about that possibility... now why can't that girl simply not care about wearing that dress and prefer comfy jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt without being thought of as trying to be a guy? It's the same girl, same thoughts, same beliefs, just dressed differently.

[This message has been edited by Spiffy McBang (edited 12-27-2002).]
 #32 
Old 2002-12-27, 10:33
Aspera Aspera is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Not complex at all... Just guys pretty much saying look-at-me-I-likes-tomboys-there-for-I-must-be-socially-advanced-somehow-because-I-reject-the-mainstream-please-fuck-me... Nothing wrong with that... It just irks me is all...

quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy McBang:
Could be because people are complex.


 #33 
Old 2002-12-27, 10:41
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Bah, you weren't supposed to be sitting there. Read the edit.
 #34 
Old 2002-12-27, 12:27
Aspera Aspera is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?


So you're saying a woman who snowboards or participates in athletics cannot be feminine? Then you haven't seen many girls' lacrosse games...

A girl can wear whatever the hell she wants and still be feminine... Just because a girl wears baggy clothing and is physically active does not make her a tomboy... Ive seen dominatrix's wear friggin strap-ons and still look pretty damn femme... Its the way a woman carries herself not just the appearance...

hehe Would it turn you off if underneath the snowboard pants and coat your dreamgirl was wearing prissy Victoria secret underwear? I highly doubt it...

If people are attracted to women who want to be men that is fine...


quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy McBang:
Could be because people are complex.

If you can open your mind to the idea that someone can find non-physical qualities in a girl attractive or sexy, this isn't a tough concept to grasp. I find the generally accepted idea of feminine boring as hell, so an intelligent girl who's just like "fuck that" will probably be interesting to me. I find myself drawn to girls who are physically active, and to girls who are fearless- does this help explain what I was saying about one who snowboards well getting my attention?

A girl can do all this and not cease being female, which is what you're more or less suggesting is the case. The idea that a girl who doesn't put effort into looking good is being un-feminine is patently ridiculous. She's just choosing not to wear makeup or great clothes or whatever.

You mentioned the "prissy" girl who doesn't want to mess up her dress being a hard-ass in the Army, so you're perfectly open-minded about that possibility... now why can't that girl simply not care about wearing that dress and prefer comfy jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt without being thought of as trying to be a guy? It's the same girl, same thoughts, same beliefs, just dressed differently.

[This message has been edited by Spiffy McBang (edited 12-27-2002).]



 #35 
Old 2002-12-27, 12:34
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

I think a big problem with this thread is that people are defining Tomboy all wrong. A manly chick is one who dresses like a guy, first of all. Not guy accessories like a backwards hat but still has some tight lil shirt on and some overalls number while she bends over to fix a car- thats not a tomboy. Tomboys are the ones that can knock you over when you play football, like to belch and blow snot rockets onto the ground, and tend look ugly and mannish.

And a woman should care about what she looks like; anyone saying otherwise is lying or stupid. If a woman just rolls out of bed in the morning with a greast knotted lump of hair, throws on some coffee stained hooded sweatshirt and cargo pants and hangs out with the guys, I dont see how that could be attractive. That doesnt mean that a pain in the ass who wont leave the house without two hours of preparation is very desirable either though.

 #36 
Old 2002-12-27, 12:51
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Why is it acceptable for men not to care what they look like then?..

I've seen guys missing teeth, covered in grime with clothes that haven't seen the inside of a washer for months come into where I work and start hitting on hot girls, without any expectation that their appearance will turn off those girls..

Seems to be acceptable to be like that, at least on some levels, which is just mindblowing to me.
 #37 
Old 2002-12-27, 13:01
Adam The Gale Adam The Gale is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Any girl that will bend over take it in the ass and yell "CAPTAIN MORGAN RULES!" is allright with me. I think it would take a girly girl to do that just because you can yell at them until they cry and once they cry there yours for the assing.
 #38 
Old 2002-12-27, 19:53
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Since it's definitely looking like a difference in definitions...

Dictionary.com: Tomboy.

"A girl considered boyish or masculine in behavior or manner."

I guess it depends on how far you want to go with that. I've met lots of girls who are or were into sports, willing to play with the guys in several cases, or otherwise do "guy" stuff (one can fix a car better than I'll ever dream). Several (not all) could really give a fuck about looking good beyond bathing and wearing clean clothes, outside of special occasions. Basically, they favor the stereotypical guy stuff over the stereotypical girl stuff, although they do some of both. Many have been called tomboys at one time or another, and by that definition, you could rightfully use the term with them.

Or, you could not. If you're more inclined to reserve the word only for someone who acts like a boy to such an extent that they don't do anything that could be remotely considered feminine, then none of the girls I've met would likely fit your idea of a tomboy.. yet, by definition, you'd be right too. It's all a matter of degree.

BTW, this: "So you're saying a woman who snowboards or participates in athletics cannot be feminine?" is exactly the opposite of what I was saying. This: "A girl can wear whatever the hell she wants and still be feminine..." is exactly what I was saying.

So glad we agree now.
 #39 
Old 2002-12-27, 23:43
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Guys should care about how they present themselves too Wintermute. People that look scuzzy or confused are stupid across the board.
 #40 
Old 2002-12-28, 18:38
Aspera Aspera is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Thats what I have been trying to say but was too loaded to articulate. thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Spirit of '22:
I think a big problem with this thread is that people are defining Tomboy all wrong. A manly chick is one who dresses like a guy, first of all. Not guy accessories like a backwards hat but still has some tight lil shirt on and some overalls number while she bends over to fix a car- thats not a tomboy. Tomboys are the ones that can knock you over when you play football, like to belch and blow snot rockets onto the ground, and tend look ugly and mannish.




 #41 
Old 2002-12-29, 03:43
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Next time, please make your point BEFORE you get loaded. It'll help save time and effort, as well as prevent round-robin type arguements that never really reach a conclusion.

And as for the comment about those guys who accept females for engaging in stereotypical male behaviour just to say they're politically correct and open minded and the like... well, nobody can ever really understand another person's mind. We can all make guesses about what somebody thinks, but we can never be one hundred percent certain. Hence, Aspera, you have a theory, but not many ways to conclusively prove that it's correct on most, let alone all, cases. Perhaps it works for some males, I honestly don't know.

All I do know is that I find women who are smart, mechanically inclined, and able to hold their own in physical combat attractive. I know not the ultimate reason why. Which is okay, because why would I need to explain why I like something in particular to anybody?
 #42 
Old 2002-12-30, 17:33
Lollypop_PornStar Lollypop_PornStar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Tomboys. Girly girls wanna be fuck meat so let em. I fucking hate girls sometimes especially good lookin snobs. Waste of meat
 #43 
Old 2003-01-05, 22:52
eat me sucka eat me sucka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

i would like a girly girl,but shes gotta be able to do something,not just act all helpless and get YOU into fights.And another thing i was wondering,how can preppy guys go out with preppy girls when the guys are gay?I mean have you ever looked at them?I was walked through the mall,some kid with piercings in each ear,a womans necklace,a shortsleeve shirt with a turtleneck that was skin tight,and hes walking with 3 hot chicks.Like wtf
 #44 
Old 2003-01-05, 23:48
pretty pinay pretty pinay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Spirit...you are so funny!! It is not her APPEARANCE ("manish; ugly, etc.) that makes the girl a "Tomboy". Nor is it the degree of her UGLY BEHAVIOR (such as your "shooting snot rockets" on the ground, or belching, etc.). It is just that she likes to engage in things that are typically of interest mostly to guys. I am definitely NOT "mannish" or "ugly", nor do I even know how to "shoot snot rockets to the ground" or belch. I am very feminine, but I am also a TOMBOY because my interests are "manly"--rollerblading, aggressive skating and skateboarding, surfing, Kung-Fu, kick-boxing, wilderness backpacking/hiking, long distance running, and a few other "non-prissy" sports. At the same time, I am an exotic dancer at a nice club at night, and I can assure you that noone in the audience would call me "manly" or "ugly"!! So there you go, Mr. Webster,....your stereotyping and definition of "tomboy" obviously SUCK!! Love, Venus.
 #45 
Old 2003-01-06, 00:02
super-girl from oz super-girl from oz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

ha ha im both! try and get a multi-faceted girl but dont try and change us! but i dont like bugs yuk.
 #46 
Old 2003-01-06, 00:21
ebeneezer goode ebeneezer goode is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

quote:
Originally posted by pretty pinay:
I am very feminine, but I am also a TOMBOY because my interests are "manly"--rollerblading, aggressive skating and skateboarding, surfing, Kung-Fu, kick-boxing, wilderness backpacking/hiking, long distance running, and a few other "non-prissy" sports. At the same time, I am an exotic dancer at a nice club at night, and I can assure you that noone in the audience would call me "manly" or "ugly"!! Love, Venus.


i want to marry you
 #47 
Old 2003-01-06, 04:39
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

I suppose now would be a good time to place bets on how often she's heard that.
 #48 
Old 2003-01-06, 10:20
sociopath sociopath is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?


If I were presented with an option of both..I don't know if I could really choose

by the way the post is done..both sounds kinky
 #49 
Old 2003-01-07, 01:04
scarfo scarfo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

quote:
Originally posted by pretty pinay:
I am very feminine, but I am also a TOMBOY because my interests are "manly"--rollerblading, aggressive skating and skateboarding, surfing, Kung-Fu, kick-boxing, wilderness backpacking/hiking, long distance running, and a few other "non-prissy" sports. At the same time, I am an exotic dancer at a nice club at night, and I can assure you that noone in the audience would call me "manly" or "ugly"!! So there you go, Mr. Webster,....your stereotyping and definition of "tomboy" obviously SUCK!! Love, Venus.


I think this here post wraps this up guys.
 #50 
Old 2003-01-07, 01:12
Player1 Player1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Girly Girls or Tomboys?

Women don't do that sort of thing, you're just lying.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics