About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-16, 14:58
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default How not to hit on a woman..

Some of you may know I've been doing a stint as a waitress recently.. I waitress in a bowling alley, mostly for leagues, so I tend to see the same guys week after week..

And I get hit on alot. I've had just about every kind of comment made to me.. amongst other things.. So I'd just like to give all you clueless guys out there some hints.. This applies especially any time you're wanting to get the attention of a waitress or bartender or whatever, but applies in general to females everywhere..

First of all, grabbing my ass is NOT appropriate in any circumstance.. If I'm not already kissing you, it's totally unacceptable.. I think that goes for girls in general.. And for most other body parts.. if you need to touch me at all, to get my attention, a light touch on the arm or shoulder is about all you should do..

The worst come-ons I've had tend to be the crude ones.. I've been told by a guy that he's going to go home and wank while thinking of me.. I've had someone tell me that they're bigger than a beer bottle in the pants dept.. I've had someone tell me that a guy wants me to sit on his... *ahem*

sorry, but that's just not a turn on.. not at all..

Neither is the guy that will stare at my chest when I talk to him.. and saying "Mmmm" while you do it isn't good either..

Anytime you want to attract the attention of someone who gets a lot of male attention (whether it's a waitress, say, or just someone very pretty).. you have to realise that anything you can say, she's probably heard a million times before.. and she's probably heard it from someone cuter than you, too.. Assume that that's the case..

Having said all that, the things that tend to work, is anything that comes across as sincere, or sweet.. There is never a bad time to tell a woman she's beautiful. Beautiful is just about the best word, imo, although attractive works, pretty works, beautiful means you *really* love how she looks..

If she's your waitress, for fucks sake, TIP!.. if you're a cheap bastard, there is no chance you're going to get her attention.. Tipping a little above what you might normally give, tends to show that you like her.. Not bothering to tip at all, well, that's just rude, imo.

Be friendly, be polite, be complimentary.. But don't be in her face, either.. as I said, many girls get almost constant attention from men, and it can get very frustrating, very pressured.. Sincerely complimenting her, but leaving it at that will be appreciated.. Most guys would do better to come across as sweet and nice, rather than a pervy jerk.. Oh, and telling me that I haven't had good loving until I've had you is.. laughably ridiculous..

Once you've done those things, it's best to leave it up to her.. a girl will let you know in subtle ways if she returns your interest.. I tend to talk more to those I like, and I'll always remember what they drink and how often they like to drink.. I'll also look them in the eyes more often..

Just remember, sweet and sincere. Not crude or rude.. It's not true that girls like badboys, if you're a jerk to her, she will not appreciate it. Tell her she's great, tell her she intruiges you, but don't tell her you like her ass..


 #2 
Old 2002-11-16, 15:51
Moderator
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

and calling you a plow queen?

Hey, that�s live, and you get a better tip, don�t you ...
 #3 
Old 2002-11-16, 16:07
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

The ones that are sweet tend to tip better than the ones that like to grab my ass..

I make good money in tips though, because I don't show how pissed off I get, and I flirt with almost everyone..

(the one exception is the guy that stares at my breasts CONSTANTLY)..

/me kicks BSK for the plow queen thing..
 #4 
Old 2002-11-16, 16:15
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

I already know how to not get laid.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-16, 16:19
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

Yeah, well, therein lies the secret to success, too..

 #6 
Old 2002-11-16, 16:36
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

I'm very good at not getting laid, too. I daresay I'm top-notch.

At the risk of sounding like a dick, telling the girl she's wrong, there ARE bad times to tell a girl she's beautiful, and not just the odd circumstance like if she just had a family tragedy or something. You can please some of the girls all of the time, and all of the girls some of the time... I know a couple who would be bothered by such a compliment if you didn't build up to it, for example. Others can have moods where they feel like shit and any attempt to say such a thing would result in them not believing you and feeling worse.

And, sometimes, it just feels too weird to say something like that, even if you mean it sincerely. It's gotta come out smoothly and be directed at someone who will welcome it.. but in those circumstances (which, yes, are the majority), big ol' bonus points for you.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-16, 18:28
pretty pinay pretty pinay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

Hey,Guys....Please follow Wintermute's advice, and you will more likely work for you than any of your other stupid "guy" tactics. It's not true that all the hot girls just want the "bad boys". We have, however, heard every p/u line a million times. I hear them all every night when I'm working. Of course I "banter" with all of them (nerdy to crude), because it's my job. But the one I will remember and who will get my HONEST bantering, and my time and attention in the end is the one who was NICE, POLITE, and addressed me with CLASS! Love, Venus
 #8 
Old 2002-11-16, 18:41
Masonry Masonry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

What if ur... ok Im a Softmor in high school and theres a girl in my History class that I just cant take my eyes off. Shes very attractive and all and seems to know everyone, shes popular I guess (which I hate) Im Hawaiian(probbly the only hawaiian),I listen to heavey metal I dress kinda gothic I guess but only becuase I hang out wit people like that(not the make-up/jewlary and that bullshit), mosty Juniors/seniors cuz I hate most other people my own age. But Ive never seen this girl before out of living here for 9 years of my life. Ive never spoken to her or just about everyone else in that class. I never really talk at all execpt during lunch when I hang out wiht all my friends. But Im really a nice guy. Im always pollite, respectfull twards everyone. But I think shes afraid of me or nevervouse around me or something... cuz we were working on a project and her group was next to ours. and my partner made a stupid comment and she corrected him and looked at me. But I just turned around and looked at wird and she just left lol. But anyway what do think are the chances of me and her getting together? Sometimes she shows intrest in me but I dont know what I hell im tlaking about. Any advice would be helpfull...

[This message has been edited by Masonry (edited 11-16-2002).]
 #9 
Old 2002-11-16, 19:27
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

quote:
Originally posted by Masonry:
What if ur


Doesn't matter. Your circumstances are not special. Read the post again.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-16, 19:48
Masonry Masonry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

Is that it? lol, id think its a bit more difficult than that.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-16, 21:19
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

quote:
Originally posted by Masonry:
Is that it? lol, id think its a bit more difficult than that.


Its difficult to think when emotionally loaded.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-17, 05:29
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

if you want advice, make your own topic.. I'm talking girls in general..

Oh and spiff, I guess there are bad times to tell a girl she's beautiful, but if you're going for a pickup line, it's fairly stellar..

I still think the line I gave Z to use was the best one yet though..
 #13 
Old 2002-11-17, 15:35
Dmac Dmac is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

wintermute is beautiful
 #14 
Old 2002-11-17, 15:58
Moderator
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

she seems to have beautiful breasts, too. With yellow lights on them ...
 #15 
Old 2002-11-17, 17:24
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

Where'd the yellow lights come from?...
 #16 
Old 2002-11-17, 17:29
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

Aren't you going to plow snow with your breasts?
 #17 
Old 2002-11-17, 17:34
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

um, no..
 #18 
Old 2002-11-17, 19:11
Viper229 Viper229 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

spiffy, lol you sure know how to talk to women. Heh....
 #19 
Old 2002-11-18, 00:34
girlzlover7 girlzlover7 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

ok you have the wrong aproach on things you shouldnt single yourself to 1 girl you have to talk to every girl you meet and always try to get some for every 500 girls you ask 1 will say yes

I have a friend who is always talking to girls always we will be at the gas station and he will talk to every girl that walks past him
he fucks about 3-5 different girls a week

I asked him how he does it and he told me what I posted above he also pointed out to me that most of the girls rate a 4-6 out of 10 so also remember dont be to picky
 #20 
Old 2002-11-18, 17:28
Zergling Zergling is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

Good idea.
Wait no its not.
If you want to be a walking STD go for it.
Or you have no self respect.
Other than that it sounds fun, I think.
 #21 
Old 2002-11-18, 21:48
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

uhh, girlzlover, who are you talking to when you say that 'you have the wrong approach'.

I'm female, I was just posting my opinion from my perspective..

I dunno what I'd rate outta ten.. someone who's met me or seen my pic should judge that..
 #22 
Old 2002-11-18, 22:16
CallMeBob CallMeBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

So show us a pic then
Btw good post ;p
 #23 
Old 2002-11-19, 00:21
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

No. Plenty of people here know what I look like and should be able to comment.
 #24 
Old 2002-11-19, 04:08
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
Plenty of people here know what I look like and should be able to comment.


Yep, no yellow lights...

But she does have absolutely beautiful eyes.

 #25 
Old 2002-11-19, 04:41
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How not to hit on a woman..

No yellow lights, DUH.. they're add-ons..
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics