About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-25, 22:14
96vickersc 96vickersc is offline
Regular
 
Default Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

I ended up splitting up with my girlfriend. You've probably read my other posts about me moaning. Anyway, I went to a gig about a week ago and met this really nice girl. BUT!... She's 6 foot tall (i'm 5.10ish), she's 19 (2 years older than me), she lives miles away and she thinks i'm 18 when i'm only 17. She seems really interested in me but i dunno what to do.

I really like her but she's so much more mature than me. She drives, lives with her friends and has a full time job. I'm in college, living with parents, have a part time job and don't drive yet. Do you think that she's too old for me?

I really like her but do u think i should just forget about her? She's a really nice person. I felt really bad about not seeing her yesterday. She invited me to go to another gig but because i was bit worried about the age difference I just went down the pub with my friends. I wish id gone now.

Chris
 #2 
Old 2002-10-25, 22:28
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

Of all the things you mentioned, age is probably the last you need to worry about. If she likes you, she's not gonna care so much about your situation. You might want to fess up about being 17, though.. tell her the truth and why you said you were 18. It's understandable and fairly minor, so if you've really caught her attention, that's not likely to ruin it.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-25, 22:30
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

Two years isn't too much, shes got an interest in you- which shows she's probably willing to make a place for you in her life. It sounds like you feel kind of, small(in a matter of speaking) to be around someone so mature. Its a different ball-game when you are with someone who is above you in maturity, its one I haven't really played.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-25, 22:54
96vickersc 96vickersc is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

I guess 2 years isn't that much. I've been out with 1 or 2 girls that were 2 years younger than me but the fact that she's a girl and is 2 years older than the boy and 2 inches taller. Does that make much of a difference? I mean do u think she's gonna care about it a lot? I know 5.10 isn't massive but about 2 years ago i was really really short. I mean i was probably only about 5.2/5.4 then i just had a massive growth spurt. I think i'm still growing. I guess thats y I like taller women. I spent most of my life looking up at them. If u were a girl and u'd met a guy who was 2 inches shorter than u and 2 years younger would u b interested in him?
 #5 
Old 2002-10-25, 23:24
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

I think I missed something here. Shouldn't you be asking this girl about the age thing instead? The most important issue is whether she reckons your situation is alright, not what we think right?
 #6 
Old 2002-10-26, 01:40
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

Tall girls are more or less used to dealing with everyone being shorter than them. Even if she preferred a taller guy, you're not tit-height, so stop worrying about it. I can pretty much guarantee she cares about these things far, far, far less than you think she might. Hell, show confidence in yourself and the way you are, younger, shorter, or whatever else, and that'll outshine any negatives she sees due to those things.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-26, 11:52
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

2 years is too much difference only if one of you is 18 months old, and the other is a foetus.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-26, 12:22
Squarepants Squarepants is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

My parents are 14 or so years apart (my mom is 40 and my dad is 54). That'd be like a 7th or 8th grade boy hooking up with a fetus if you put it in perspective. They've been married for like 15 years.... sure, both their kids are totally fucked up, but fucked up kids aren't the measure of a successful relationship.

[This message has been edited by Squarepants (edited 10-26-2002).]
 #9 
Old 2002-10-27, 05:46
Askr Askr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

listen to them kid, two years is nothing. its laughable that you should worry about it. my fiance is two years younger than me. my aunt and my uncle(RIP) were ten years apart. age isnt a big thing esspecially when its only two years. you've got all these people here telling you that so listen to them and just do what you gotta do.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-27, 06:26
Syntex Syntex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

Two years? Two inches? So what. No problem there! Just that, you can't have sex with her unless she is willing to break the law, lol.

And as for the maturity state, just be/get more mature then you are now.


SYNTEX
 #11 
Old 2002-10-28, 04:05
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

It's a stupid law that should be broken at every possible opertunity within the limits of good taste.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-28, 07:41
mysterychick mysterychick is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

Two years is nothing-if you really like her you will tell her the truth and if she really likes you she will accept your age and you two will have a good relationship
 #13 
Old 2002-10-28, 18:21
panic attack panic attack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

im 15 with a 13 year old... we dont have sex or anything its more of a friendly formal thing... i wont go into paragraphs, main point is 17-19 is nuthin, go for it man, if you dont you will regret the fuck out of not goin for it, just like you regret goin to the pub instead of the gig. if it doesnt work you can at least say u tried, but i dont see any reason not to ask her out or whatever
 #14 
Old 2002-10-29, 20:32
LutherX LutherX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Age differences, is 2 years difference too much?

Dude, 2 years ain't shit...

The fact she's taller than you ain't shit...

that she's more mature than you ain't shit...

You've got no reason at all to not go for her, unless you just feel uncomfortable around her. Being with a more mature chick will rub off on you and help you mature. Being with a taller chick is (I hear) considered more respectable among ladies, since it shows you have self-confidence.

If you're intimidated by her then I'd say no, otherwise hell yeah go for her. You've got nothing to lose...


 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics