|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-10-24, 16:30
|
confites 
Regular
|
|
|
|
hoping for a renewed love
What can I expect from a girl that dumped me 2 and half months ago. We are stilll friends and and she has great support during this period while I had to deal with some problems, apart from the breakup. She says she cares for me but no longer feels the same as before, her heart was broken due to my carelessness over the last 3 months of the 1 and half year relationship. We are compatible with each other and she enjoyed me but couldn't cope with the stress of dealing with me while I was stressed. She lives in Italy while I in Scotland so distance is a problem, but just several hours away from each other. I am just 27 while she is 24 so we are not so young. I love her dearly, what can I do, what hope can I have?
Thanks for reading.
|
|
#2
 2002-10-24, 17:07
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: hoping for a renewed love
Several hours? Europe must be smaller than I thought.
You can't force yourself back into her life. Your best chance, as slim as the odds might seem, is to chill out and be her friend. Don't pressure her in any way. If she's unwilling to get back with you because of the way you were acting, then you have to show her over time that you don't do those things anymore. If you can do that, you have a chance.
Of course, by then, you both may have found other people to be with. So much the better.
|
|
#3
 2002-10-24, 19:14
|
|
Regular
|
|
somewhere up there
|
|
Re: hoping for a renewed love
Have you really changed for the better? If you feel that you are a better man then just hang out with her like Spiffy said and hope that She notices.
|
|
#4
 2002-10-28, 01:02
|
|
Moderator
|
|
The fine line between genius and madness
|
|
Re: hoping for a renewed love
quote: Originally posted by Spiffy McBang: Several hours? Europe must be smaller than I thought.
About the size of the US.
|
|
#5
 2002-10-28, 02:36
|
Spiffy McBang 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: hoping for a renewed love
quote: Originally posted by Prometheus: About the size of the US.
I was about to say that it would take at least a day or two to get from the northern border to the southern (which seems like a decent comparison for driving from Scotland to Italy).. and then I remembered the autobahn.. I want to drive on the autobahn.. *drool*
|
|
#6
 2002-10-28, 02:49
|
|
|
Re: hoping for a renewed love
I dont think its a couple of hours by car...
|
|
#7
 2002-10-28, 02:50
|
|
|
Re: hoping for a renewed love
From Scotland by car there are highlands to cross into England, than a Channel, then all of France, the fuckin Alps, then meander around the Appenines. No fuckin way, it takes more than a few hours to get from Jersey to the middle of Pennsylvannia.
|
|
#8
 2002-10-28, 03:13
|
|
|
Re: hoping for a renewed love
It takes more than a few hours to get from Northeast Pennsylvania to the middle of Pennsylvania.
|
|
#9
 2002-10-28, 14:18
|
confites 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: hoping for a renewed love
Thanks for the replies. I have been away during the weekened. When I mentioned that Italy was not so far away it was flying that I had in mind and not driving. Driving would be more of an expedition!! I have a copy of a story that I sent her today-cronicle of the weekend journey. Hope you like it.
============= (Golfito is my favourite place, it is back home in Costa Rica) ============= This weekend was raining most of the time, the canoe club trip went ahead as planned and everybody got drunk on the 4 hour journey. 2 minibuses were used, one had a trailer full of canoes, and most of the journey was a race between the minibuses to see who would get there first and consequently the choice of sleeping area at the cabin. The first night I was drunk and had to stop playing the drinking game, everybody else was very drunk! The medication really made me feel bad when mixed with the alcohol, I felt really drunk but the people were great, although too many posers. Really unusual, it wasn�t the girls but the boys that were posers. So many of them were posing, seemed a bit Italian, the girls were different, they were friendly but the guys were posing, not all of them but there were some professionals there!
The next day I was feeling not so good so I decided to not drown myself in Atlantic, the others were surfing the waves with their canoes. That same day I decided to get back to Glasgow because I wouldn�t be able to drink that night and was feeling down. I made a connection with the nearest village and hoped on the one of only 2 daily buses to Glasgow, I met a guy at the bus stop; he was rolling a joint right there and there on the pavement, couldn�t believe it!! I had to ask him for a puff, after all, that joint was too big for him to smoke all by himself!!! The village was beautiful, the bus stop was across the road from the pier and fishing boats and at that time a navy helicopter flue by and turned right above us, it was wonderful seeing that enormous helicopter turn right in front of us. The journey from there towards Glasgow was incredible, the best part of the trip, for 2 hours the bus went up the shore of the island (Kyle of Kintyre Mainland Island) it was beautiful, sandy beaches for most of the 2 hours and so much cattle, in addition I could see so many islands of the coast. They say that in clear skies Ireland can be seen. For years I had been waiting to go up to the north of Scotland where the beaches are sandy and the water clear but I had never realised how near this place was. It is to the west of Glasgow, but there are 2 ways of getting there, crossing the islands by ferry, i.e. island hoping or travelling up and then down the peninsula, I hadn�t thought it worthwhile In the past because it isn�t so far away and had always wanted to go as far north as possible. After the 2 hours of coastline more islands begun to appear and the waters calmed down. The sea is then disguised by what seems to be lochs; they are actually sea lochs, where the water clams down. The bus stopped at a Ferry terminal, it was a surprise to see this large ferry in what seemed to me as a loch, but off course this was one of the ferries that operate between the islands, it was dark by then so the lights of the ferry and pier gave me the impression of adventure. It was at this point that I realised that my fascination with this place was because of the striking similarities between Golfito and what I was experiencing. Much like Golfito, the road follows the coast for a while but even more striking was the distant glow of lights creating reflections on the dark waters. It took me straight back to my memories of Golfito, where at night the waters change colour into a rainbow of yellows, oranges and blues. I had found Golfito!
|
|
#10
 2002-10-30, 06:35
|
Mr CrEEP 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: hoping for a renewed love
a year and a half is pretty long, but you guys should of stayed together because couples who love and care for each other are suppose to stay together no matter what, even if theres stress and all that, but distance i say is a problem, i though long distance relationships work, but turns out to me they dont, i had a girlfriend for 6 months that lived 15 minutes from me, then she moved to another state, we said were going to stay together no matter how far away we are but then all of a sudden she changed and we ended our relationship. so i say move on...your only 27 about the same age as me, you got ALOT of year ahead of you. things happen, shit happens but you never know you might find a better chick and say "im glad im not with her anymore"
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|