About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-09, 23:53
bittersweet bittersweet is offline
Regular
 
Default unable to commit?

Everytime i'm close to going out with a guy, i find something wrong with him and dwell on it and it drives me nuts so much i dont like him anymore or when i know he's close to asking me out i just stop liking him for no particular reason, i don't know what the hell is wrong with me....does anyone else have this problem? What should i do?
 #2 
Old 2002-10-10, 00:49
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: unable to commit?

The way I see it, if you liked him, it must have been for some good reason. The change of heart strikes me as an extreme form of cold feet. I say that if you liked some guy before, and you didn't change your mind for some damned good reason, get over it. That doesn't mean to try and forget your problem, from what I see that will be next to impossible to do. It means go out with him anyway. Focus on what you like about him. Concentrate on that insted of the petty things. If you can't get over it that way, get professional help.

Problems like yours probably come from a fear of rejection. What that means, I have no idea. But I think that is the case.

In short, don't try to ignore your problem, but try to act like it doesn't bother you and maybe it will stop bothering you in time.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-10, 07:50
Regular
 
a drunken stupor
Default Re: unable to commit?

Try Dating women.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-10, 08:47
stormybaka stormybaka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: unable to commit?

I have a fear of committment myself, but the way I see it, who knows there maybe something in it...So I will just go with the flow...Not let it get a second thought and just think if it's meant to be I will one day meet someone that will not leave me with such doubt.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-10, 20:10
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: unable to commit?

Lower your standards.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics