About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-02, 15:30
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default GOD dammit!

Why is it that I turn into a blithering idiot in front of any girl who has a small chance of liking me?

Things with that punk girl were going real well this morning. Of course, the Gideons were trying to fuck me over, by handing me a little New Testament. After some very cool casual conversation in class, I open this book and read John 3:16, and compare it to Milton's Paradise Lost.

Me: According to Milton, Jesus wasn't selected by God, rather he volunteered.

She: It's all fiction.

Me: The New Testament, or Paradise Lost?

*akward silence ensues, followed by vague answer of Paradise Lost*

Me: Yeah, and in Paradise Lost Milton always hides God [visually], which doesn't seem necessary because Genesis describes man as being made in the image of God, so any man could have played the part of God.

She: I think that it was illegal to portray images of God during that time.

*She walks away, and says nary a word to me for the rest of the day*

Irony is proof for the existence of God.

sigh...
 #2 
Old 2002-10-02, 18:34
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: GOD dammit!

What school do you go to that you get up and read the New Testament casually in class? Catholic school?

"Me: The New Testament, or Paradise Lost?" is a valid question... there should not have been any awkward silence. How are you to know she didn't think that the New Testament is mere fiction?
 #3 
Old 2002-10-03, 00:44
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

quote:
Originally posted by The_Famicommie:


I open this book and read John 3:16, and compare it to Milton's Paradise Lost.

Me: According to Milton, Jesus wasn't selected by God, rather he volunteered.

She: It's all fiction.

...



Alright, nothing about a person pisses me off more than when they press their fucking religion on me. If this girl is anything like me she won't talk to you much anymore, and will probably tell her friend's you are a bitch. I grew up going to bullshit Jesus schools and have a strong dislike for the Bible and people who press it on others. My advice, DON'T EVER TALK RELIGION TO PEOPLE YOU FIRST MEET. EVER.

 #4 
Old 2002-10-03, 01:40
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

thats stereotypical, judgemental, and unfair but such good advice. not all but most of them are like that.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-03, 07:02
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: GOD dammit!

I hate religeous zealots too.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-03, 14:55
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

I go to a community college, and I was in Environmental Science (aka leftist agitprop for four credits!).

Where did I become a religious zealot? I'm an agnostic, which she already knew from a conversation she had started the other day. It's the fact that I'm so well versed in Christian theories that scared her away, not the fact that we were talking about religion. She hadn't even heard of Paradise Lost before I brought it up.

Judge not, sweet kiddies, lest ye be judged...
 #7 
Old 2002-10-03, 18:29
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

quote:
Originally posted by The_Famicommie:
It's the fact that I'm so well versed in Christian theories that scared her away,

She hadn't even heard of Paradise Lost before I brought it up.




You just answered your own question. Girls don't want to sit there and talk about Chrsitian theories. Girls want to BE LISTENED TO. Just ask questions. If you know she is really into something, ask her the right questions to let her talk as long as she wants. Then she'll start with the same type of thing. Just listen, that's the thing most girls complain about, guys not listening enough. It's amazing what you will find out about other people if you just let a girl talk for HOURS. I know.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-03, 21:14
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

the Commie much like myself is a pompous bastard. I'm asking the quite bonable chick in my theater class out for coffee, if this fails, which I figure it will I'll go get blind drunk and bitch about women.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-04, 22:35
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

Looks like I gotta go get blind drunk and bitch about women. Commie you're invited.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-09, 12:26
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

When is this drinking party?
 #11 
Old 2002-10-09, 21:08
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

I don't know, where ever there's imbibable spirits and you my good friend.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-10, 14:29
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

Rock out, and then we'll talk religion and objectivism when we're drunk.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-10, 15:47
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: GOD dammit!

As long as you try and look like a sophisticated egghead to impress women, they will ignore you. LoL, you talked to a cute girl about that. LoL What the fuck do you expect?
 #14 
Old 2002-10-10, 16:02
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

Works in college.

Or so I hear.
 #15 
Old 2002-10-10, 18:59
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: GOD dammit!

Probably not.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-10, 19:19
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

Girls do like smart guys... Eventually most of them develope a superiority complex and leave me...

But anyway, girls like cute more than smart.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-11, 03:17
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: GOD dammit!

Smart and boring with a tendency to vomit stuff verbatim are two different things.

I dont even think they like smart men anyway. They probably dig guys with wisdom more. How many honors students and AP Chemistry guys do you see with chicks lining up for?
 #18 
Old 2002-10-11, 03:35
Tooth Fairy Tooth Fairy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

Girls Do like smart/wise/intelligent men.
Just takes them a few stoopid ones to work it out.
 #19 
Old 2002-10-11, 04:52
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

The AP students would get almost as many chicks if they looked like the dumb bozos with the rock-solid builds. The only reason they wouldn't get as many is because there's a lot more dumb people in the world than smart ones.

[This message has been edited by Spiffy McBang (edited 10-11-2002).]
 #20 
Old 2002-10-11, 05:00
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

AP students are often of average intelligence.

In a HS or College situation, the slacker is more often than not, the one of greater intelligence.

Personally, I think you have to be pretty fucking stupid to waste 2 hours reading about something that you're not interested in, taking notes all the way, to get an "A" to please yourself/parents/god/gremlins in your pants/whoever.

And one more thing, you have to look good before someone will notice you're smart in most cases. There is also a tendency of people to think attractive people are smarter and more capable than they actually are...
 #21 
Old 2002-10-12, 03:31
Syntex Syntex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

All i know is religion is a trouble maker among people.
 #22 
Old 2002-10-12, 03:59
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

quote:
Originally posted by Syntex:
All i know is religion is a trouble maker among people.


Especially when they drink, you ever get drunk and argue with some fucking religious freak? Kills you buzz, and pisses you off.
 #23 
Old 2002-10-12, 04:11
Syntex Syntex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

scrub.. i dont get drunk. i stop. I'm the sober bastard who helps his drunk sister home. I'm not much a party man lol. but i do drunk

...um.... yeah. forgot what i was going to say..eh.. feck it.
 #24 
Old 2002-10-13, 15:53
Ursus Ursus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GOD dammit!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Duh! Uh, Which way'd they go coach? Which way'd they go? Duuuuhhh!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics