About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-26, 13:03
Tooth Fairy Tooth Fairy is offline
Regular
 
Default Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

Please don't move this SMcB, it is not a bitch and moan..........

I am interested in the experiences people have had, that make them turn off love. In particular you Pretty Pinay. What have you experienced to make you so bitter about the idea of love? To say such stuff as;

"I really believe that a "relationship" (at least one that includes big "L" love) nearly always poisons and destroys the "relationship". The reason those fuck-buddy relationships are so enjoyable is that there are NO deep feelings to mess things up." "then leave the "love" right there when you are finished."

I just wonder what made you feel this way? What happened to you?
 #2 
Old 2002-09-26, 14:28
LutherX LutherX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

Ya, I'm interested in hearing that too...

 #3 
Old 2002-09-26, 15:10
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

I'm in for 10 for early fatherly abuse.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-26, 22:59
Tooth Fairy Tooth Fairy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

Yeah, or maybe someone seriously broke her heart....
 #5 
Old 2002-09-26, 23:22
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

hey I want a piece of the action. 20 says she just enjoys having fuck buddies and that nothing bad happened to her. And besides, seems to me the "love" she's talking about is more like puppy love. But that's just me.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-27, 01:33
Jacross Jacross is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

50 bucks says she really does crave big L love and all her talk is her security blanket for when she gets shit on.
 #7 
Old 2002-09-27, 01:55
Tooth Fairy Tooth Fairy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

Ok - send all your money to me. I'll hold it.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-27, 02:49
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

personally i think its bullshit since im more or less a nihilist. all i have ever seen "love" do is destroy childers lives down the road or more imediatly cause many close friends to be screwed royaly. love clouds the mind and makes you think irrationally. if you want to be an ignorant irrational fool in la la land go right ahead, youll probably be very happy for a while, i however prefer to have my witts about me and not be blinded by some god awfull chemical reaction that in no way benefits me as a male.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-27, 02:53
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

Right on brother. "love" is a distraction, especially during the teenage years.

EDIT: Come to think of it, why are you picking on her? This is like the second time pinay's opinions have been questioned.

[This message has been edited by just.landed (edited 09-28-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-09-27, 03:51
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

quote:
Originally posted by syphon detonator:
personally i think its bullshit since im more or less a nihilist. all i have ever seen "love" do is destroy childers lives down the road or more imediatly cause many close friends to be screwed royaly. love clouds the mind and makes you think irrationally. if you want to be an ignorant irrational fool in la la land go right ahead, youll probably be very happy for a while, i however prefer to have my witts about me and not be blinded by some god awfull chemical reaction that in no way benefits me as a male.


Sounds like weed.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-27, 04:13
Regular
 
NJ
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

100 says she begins the topic with something gay like, "Hi Tooth Fairy- for your information, Nothing happened to me- I just (insert condescending and misguided dumbass defeated comfort girl Oriental garbage).
 #12 
Old 2002-09-27, 04:33
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

lol, I'm going with Spirit on that one. I don't think you'll get a straight answer out of her.
 #13 
Old 2002-09-27, 07:51
stgeorge6602 stgeorge6602 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

i dont like the LOVE word.

people use it like a weapon.

they use it to abuse others.

they use it to get what otherwise would not be given.

love is a powerfull word and emotion which unfortunatly is abused to often.

but most of all i dont like it because it was used to hurt me.
i want to believe but find it hard

there is a saying "ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY".
and i dont want to be bitten again...

 #14 
Old 2002-09-27, 14:10
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

A better bet might be whether or not she posts at all. It's a bit fucked up to single someone out like this, placing bets on how they may or may not have been abused..
 #15 
Old 2002-09-27, 16:08
LutherX LutherX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

I don't think she will... it's been built up too much.

 #16 
Old 2002-10-02, 07:33
Tooth Fairy Tooth Fairy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

quote:
Originally posted by just.landed:
Right on brother. "love" is a distraction, especially during the teenage years.

EDIT: Come to think of it, why are you picking on her? This is like the second time pinay's opinions have been questioned.

[This message has been edited by just.landed (edited 09-28-2002).]




I made it pretty clear, that I'm not intending to pick on her........... Just interested.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-02, 07:35
Tooth Fairy Tooth Fairy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

quote:
Originally posted by malaria:
lol, I'm going with Spirit on that one. I don't think you'll get a straight answer out of her.



I'm with you both. Except it does seem like she's avoiding the topic. Kinda suggests that maybe there is something to know about.........
 #18 
Old 2002-10-02, 07:42
Tooth Fairy Tooth Fairy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy McBang:
A better bet might be whether or not she posts at all. It's a bit fucked up to single someone out like this, placing bets on how they may or may not have been abused..



I was really more considering that she had had her heart broken, and was genuinely interested, as to whether that had made her so negative about L.
The betting thing, I did not start, but really Spiffy, topics are usually very personal on here, singling out happens all the time, and Pinay has always seemed to be more than happy to answer questions, ie; not very shy.
Given her general attitude, I'd be surprised if the original question offended her.
But if so, I apologise.
 #19 
Old 2002-10-02, 09:52
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

Love...*sniff*
 #20 
Old 2002-10-02, 14:27
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

quote:
Originally posted by Tooth Fairy:
topics are usually very personal on here, singling out happens all the time, and Pinay has always seemed to be more than happy to answer questions, ie; not very shy.


Not this personal. There's occasions where someone will specifically ask someone else something, but between that and the way everyone is making a big game out of it, that's beyond anything I've seen yet. Besides, she's been very open about what she thinks, but I only recall one post that hints at the whys of it all. I have a feeling that's at least partially by design.
 #21 
Old 2002-10-02, 14:37
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

A wise man once said.

All you need is love - Mr Lennon

Peace Renegade,
 #22 
Old 2002-10-02, 15:26
methangel83 methangel83 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

okay i am not one that puts any one's thoughts down yet i just want to say that love is not always a bad thing i am 19 and i have loved my soon to be hubby since i was 16. yes alot of people use the 'L' word to hurt some one yet if all you have in life is fuck buddys you may miss out on the most happy moments of your whole life. it was just a thought.
 #23 
Old 2002-10-03, 14:57
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

quote:
Originally posted by syphon detonator:
personally i think its bullshit since im more or less a nihilist


How can a nihilist be self-proclaimed?
 #24 
Old 2002-10-03, 18:34
magician magician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

Tooth Fairy,

I'm with you 100% and I believe I have asked the same question, back when Pinay was a newbie. She did come into the forum with an attitude, but thats nothing new most people have a gripe or two. What made Pinay different was that we found a number of cultural differences at the cause of some of the general disagreements. I remember a number of threads that got quite personal and then when we worked out that due to cultural difference we were really communicating properly... every one appologied and moved on.

Pinay ussually does not talk about her self. She gives veiws, not experience. Sometimes there are expereinces behind her views but it takes a very long thread before she is willign to let some of them slip.

I think I'm on the same wave length as you. The question is what can make a person give up on love. The only reason Pinay's name comes up is that her posts make it seems she might have an answer.

To try answer the question myself, I had a long "non-relationship" that I have spoken about many times on here over the years. U sed to write to... I wrote over 100 pages in the form of letters (I have a soft copy archive) and 90% of the content is about this "non relationship" and what happened, what I thought it meant etc etc. Love does run your life when you let it. So the real question is should one let love run their life.

Some here have said love is a "danger" to logic. This is true. I have masses amounts of work due sortly (honours year and thesis is almost due) yes I wasted an entire day I didn't have on poletics. Why? Because the poletics involve a student club I set up and although I am no longer on the committee or anythign like that, I felt very strongly about the need for it and when new people try things that could endager it... I want to protect it and what it stands for. My comment to a member of staff the other day was that my head says I shoudl just ignore it and move on, but my heart says I shouldn't let it destroy itself. This is commitment to an ideal rather than to a person, but its fairly similar when we talk about battles between head and heart.

To dip into religion for a second, there is a section of the old testiment that read "you shall love the lord your god will all your heart, with all your mind and with all your resources". The heart is what rules us as people, the emotions are what make us human and love is the strongest of them all. To lose ones heart is to lose ones humanity. The mind is next most important, to believe something and not give thought to it... is a wasted effort. Blind love is dangerous, in some cases it is madness, to kill someone because your love told you so... is the plot of too many bad movies. Resources can be explained simply as put your money where your mouth is.

So to summarise, you need both the mind and the emotion to be a full human being. Any less and you are either mad or without humanity.

I haven't slept in a while... so perhaps what I've written isn;t 100% clear, or I haven't finished all my sentences... but I think the idea is there.

As I'm so busy I probably won't be back here for a while... e-mail me if you want me to check a post.

magician_noone@yahoo.com.au

- Magician
 #25 
Old 2002-10-03, 19:27
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

Just to clarify:

The Bible text you are looking for is Matthew 23:5 which says "Jesus replied:"Love the Lord your God with all you heart and with your soul and with all your mind"

I don't think resources are mentioned.
 #26 
Old 2002-10-04, 14:56
magician magician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Big "L" attitudes - Q for Pinay

quote:
Originally posted by just.landed:
Just to clarify:

The Bible text you are looking for is Matthew 23:5 which says "Jesus replied:"Love the Lord your God with all you heart and with your soul and with all your mind"

I don't think resources are mentioned.



lol. Ok this going off cue but... actually it wasn't. And now you're making me look it up! Try Deuteronomy 6:5. I may not know the numbers off the top of my head, but I know the verse word for word.

There's a lot in the new testiment that comes directly from the old testiment... but then that isn't suprising when you think about it. Anyway that a discussion for another forum.

- Magician
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics