About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-07, 20:00
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default what do you look for in a personality.

obviously when two people meet the first thing they think about is looks (and anyone who says different is just bullshiting). but once you get past the initial looks phase what is the next thing you check for?

is it common interests, personality, energy, style, or whatever else?
 #2 
Old 2002-09-07, 20:27
anhe anhe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

someone with no self esteem basing their only sense worth on my opinion of them and subjecting themselves to any degrading sexual torment i can conceive. preferably suicidal so i know how to loose them if need be. drug use is a major plus and income is a must. ...... hehe j/k someone who is spiritual yet has a sick sense of humor.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-07, 21:07
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

Oh I thought the ladies would be looking for a guy with confidence but I wouldn't now cos I'm a guy. The lady I go after must have a twisted sense of humour and be religious like me. But how many girls wouldn't slap me silly when I talk about half the stuff I've seen (goatse anyone?) if they are religious?

-I ain't ever gonna find myself a girl

-laterz
 #4 
Old 2002-09-08, 00:38
Jacross Jacross is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

i was unfortunately aquainted with the goatse page just two days ago on the offspring.com forum.

and ewwwwwwww so very wrong.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-08, 02:49
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

I think different people look for different things in a person. As a guy, the first thing I look at is looks, and then intelligence. I can't stand someone I can't have a conversation with about other things than their social life. I like a girl that is sort of mischevious, likes to break the rules and stand out from the crowd. And I can't stand anyone who's obsessed about what other people think about them.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-08, 03:04
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

i like a girl that is a bit goofy and has no sense of shame. one that will do the same dumb shit that i do.
 #7 
Old 2002-09-08, 03:43
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

Seems more and more like insanity.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-08, 05:16
quinnifred quinnifred is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

It is all in the the energy with a mixture of the way they carry themselves. But the biggest factor would have to be a freakishly amazing sense of humor...like someone who can take a joke, make joke, be silly and goofy and not care. Someone who will do anything for a good laugh. someone who is light hearted and wont take sarcastic remarks to heart.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-08, 07:10
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

depressed, and with a dark and twisted sence of humor.
 #10 
Old 2002-09-08, 08:50
magician magician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

confident, must know what she wants but care about what over people want too. Selfish really gets to me. My one brother can be VERY selfish... (he and every one else knows and acknoweledges this) I'd prefer a girl that wasn't demanding like that.

I also read a lot, so I'd like a girl I can talk books with. Religion is defintly a major issue. She needs to (a) be the same religion as me and (b) be at the same level of obsevrance as me (give or take).

Thats all really just compatibility issues. I.e. without a relationship may not work. A friend does not need those charactiristics. A girlfriend would also need to be a friend. That means they would need to be trustworthy, reliable (either in terms of always being reliable, or always being unreliable ), caring, etc.

Lot smore can be said on this topic, I think its a great thead. Thanks

- Magician
 #11 
Old 2002-09-08, 12:08
pretty pinay pretty pinay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

Must have mega energy, like me, and be a nice guy to me. Must not be intimidated. Imaginative and creative. Not afraid to experience new things. Athletic. Risk taker when it's worth the risk to him. A little "bad" with me is also a plus. Not afraid to talk to me, or to ask me anything. Not afraid to tell me what he REALLY wants or expects of me. Not hung up about what others think of "his style". Big plus if he is an aggressive skater or martial arts guy--especially a skater. He WILL have "good looks" (to me) if he has those things. Love, Venus. PS: Almost forgot the most important thing---that he leave the "Big L" "Love" thing outside our door, and try not to slobber and whisper those stupid, generic, nonsense words in my ear when we are making love!! Love again, Venus.

 #12 
Old 2002-09-08, 14:31
hannahmanson666 hannahmanson666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

Ok this prob shouldnt be in sex and affection blah blah blah, but all the guys saying a girl must be the same religion, what religions are you? you dont have to answer im just interested.
 #13 
Old 2002-09-08, 15:52
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

Any girl that will proudly wear a shirt with the word "fuck" on it is ok with me.
 #14 
Old 2002-09-08, 16:57
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

I don't look for girls. The ones I end up with were good friends of mine at one point.
 #15 
Old 2002-09-08, 18:43
theo theo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

i like to have an intellegent conversation with somone every once in a while. so she should be smart in one way or another. she has to have confidence(i.e. non-anorexic[sp?] and not too much make-up) she should have a good attitude and just be herself.
 #16 
Old 2002-09-08, 22:02
Tooth Fairy Tooth Fairy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

I don't really 'look' for anything. If it's there, it's there.
 #17 
Old 2002-09-10, 17:44
adihash adihash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

as long as a girl is as stupid and retarded as me we always seem to get on fine
 #18 
Old 2002-09-10, 23:13
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

I dont look for things.... Ive never looked for a girlfriend(Just sex, never worked tho). All my girlfriends have normally been friends for awhile be4..... I think this is cus im quite a private person and it takes awhile 2 get 2 know me properly.
So if they have the qualities to be my friend..... and that special something, i would try a relationship with them.

But the main sort of person ive been with is the kind, caring intelligent sort.

I guess i have things i wont like... selfishness, a close minded person, a bully.
I cant stand nasty people.
 #19 
Old 2002-09-12, 02:48
aya_no_koibito aya_no_koibito is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

..looks...can only go so far. First time..i look in personality..i dont really give a fuck if you think i'm bullshitting, you can date the most hottest guy in the world (to yourself) and you still wouldn't be able to stand him if he was a complete ass, abusive, and even forgets your even there
 #20 
Old 2002-09-13, 14:09
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

Simalar music tastes is a must. So is intelligance (spelling?....how ironic), Non preppy, and a goof.

I dunno. I'm at the point now that I'll date anything breathing (metaphoricly)
 #21 
Old 2002-09-14, 20:04
Regular
 
Default Re: what do you look for in a personality.

I need some one who does the same quirky stuff I do time to time and have the smae flaws as I do. Its easier to trust some one when they have the same faults as you because some who seems perfect will treat you right till you fuck up and look stupid then that seemly perfect person will abuse you for you tendenciy for making dumber then the average persons' mistakes.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics