About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-17, 23:30
Don Rit Don Rit is offline
Regular
 
Default Help with girls

This might sound kinda gay, but i dont care i just want some opinions. Ok how should u pick up girls that u see somewhere like the movies, mall, theme park or somthin like that. If the girl looks good should you just go up and talk to her right away or what? And what should u say? This is of couse if she is looking at u and shows at least some intrest, otherwise theres no real point. I know i might get busted on for this post but im just lookin for some suggestions
 #2 
Old 2002-08-18, 01:25
fred_nahr fred_nahr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Find something about yourself, I was at the pool once, and this girl and her friend came up to me saying 'hey, is one of her eyes blue and the other one is grey?' and that worked for her, of course, it worked better for me, be careful, women are smart, they can make you feel real stupid, I said 'Oh, COOL I wish my eyes were like that so i could go to places and pick up chicks by going up to them with my friends and haaving them say 'are his eyes different colors?'

She slapped me, we ended up dating for 6 months.
 #3 
Old 2002-08-18, 01:39
Scotgun Scotgun is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Whatever you do man, don't hunt for the girl. Let her hunt you. This is a mistake a lot of guys make. I'm not talking about stalking here, that's just plain being a creep.
There was a movie in the last few years called "The Tao of Steve." The guy's philosophy was, "Women pursue that which retreats from them." I have seen this work in my own practice. That way you're always sure that they like you. Then you just have to ask them why. Hopefully it's not because you have a nice car or something.

[This message has been edited by Scotgun (edited 08-18-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-08-18, 02:46
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Help with girls

That doesn't sound gay. It sounds pathetic but not gay.

Just be yourself. (there's a reason that advice is so common) If you're nervous have a drink or something and do what comes naturaly. DO NOT get shitfaced. That spoils the atmosphere.
 #5 
Old 2002-08-18, 07:13
littlelaptop littlelaptop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Speaking from a girl's point of view, you should just go up to her and say something. Sometimes I notice guys at the movies and stuff, but I'm too shy/don't want to seem to eager so I don't do anything about it. When they come up to me, I'd probably talk to them, but when they just stand there and stare, it just shows that they don't even have the guts. So just go up to her and try to say something. Well unless she just finished kissing her 6'3" football player boyfriend.

~Life is short. Make a fool out of yourself while you still can!~
 #6 
Old 2002-08-18, 14:39
Don Rit Don Rit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Thanks littlelaptop , that last little quote at the end of your reply probably helped more than anything.
 #7 
Old 2002-08-18, 15:46
thewhacker thewhacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

I dont say anything at all unless im spoken to.

-thewhacker
-im so lonely
 #8 
Old 2002-08-18, 17:10
Don Rit Don Rit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

I dont think that works well does it?
 #9 
Old 2002-08-18, 17:22
Don Rit Don Rit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Ok, me and my friend do this somtimes at like a waterpark nerby with a huge wave pool, all the hot girls hang ut in the wave pool and when we find a few that look good, we swim over and then when the waves start they like fall all over us and stuff, not like purposely on our parts, but they purposley bump into and fall on us, lol, its fun but i really dont know what to say to them after, usually we dont really have a conversation with them, just mess around.
 #10 
Old 2002-08-18, 17:50
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

When it looks like you and the ladies are about to part ways, ask them what they're doing later.

That's what I'd do if I ever had an occasion to do it.
 #11 
Old 2002-08-19, 02:26
Don Rit Don Rit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Aright thanks, some more replys would be appriciated if u got em.
 #12 
Old 2002-08-19, 13:56
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Always go up and talk to her. Work hard, make conversation..

Most of the time, the girl will at least reply out of politeness.. keep the conversation going for a while, and then ask her on whatever date you choose.

See, girls don't tend to ask guys out because we dont' have to. I always get really annoyed if a guy starts a conversation with me, and then expects me to ask them on a date or something, when they haven't worked hard enough at getting me interested to start with.. the way I see it, you want to spend some time with me, you've got to put *some* sort of effort in.
 #13 
Old 2002-08-19, 19:11
thewhacker thewhacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Effort ehh so you are saying i wont look like a complete loser if go up to you and start talking about senseless garbaje like about a movie and then after 10 minutes of talking i ask you on a date.
Is this what you are trying to say!!!
 #14 
Old 2002-08-19, 21:08
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Exactly. Unless I give you a total brush off, if I give polite answers and if you somewhat entertain me, asking me out would be acceptable, unless I gave you some kind of signal that it wasn't. What I really hate is guys that come up to me, and say something, but then expect me to continue the conversation beyond their first sentence.. It's just NOT gonna happen. As far as I'm concerned, getting a date with me is something you work for..
 #15 
Old 2002-08-19, 21:39
Don Rit Don Rit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

So i understand that if i was going up to talk to u (or any girl) i would start the conversation by sayin whatever, like, hey whats up, but then im expected to continue without u saying anything or at least trying to start a conversation with me as well?
 #16 
Old 2002-08-19, 22:22
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Well, yeah. It's logical. If you walk up to someone and start talking, why should they be expected to try and make the conversation keep going? They might, if you happen onto a topic they have an interest in, but then they're doing it because they want to, not because you're waiting for them to do it.

This goes both ways, remember. If you're a guy who's approached by a girl, and the talking sort of fades because she's waiting for you to say something and you have nothing to say, you don't have to force it either.
 #17 
Old 2002-08-19, 22:41
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Calmly say hello, introduce yourself, and talk. If she's interested you already have your foot in the door.

Take it from Little Nicky, "Initiating the conversation is half the battle."
 #18 
Old 2002-08-19, 23:58
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

quote:
Originally posted by Don Rit:
So i understand that if i was going up to talk to u (or any girl) i would start the conversation by sayin whatever, like, hey whats up, but then im expected to continue without u saying anything or at least trying to start a conversation with me as well?


In situations like that it's not that I say nothing, if you say hi to me, I'll reply, if you ask a question, I'll reply, but I won't volunteer anything beyond that. I won't ask you any questions in order to keep the conversation going, as far as I'm concerned, saying "it's hot out today" does not count as enough effort for me to continue the conversation.


[This message has been edited by Wintermute (edited 08-19-2002).]
 #19 
Old 2002-08-20, 01:07
Don Rit Don Rit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Thatis big daddy by the way, Zm3
 #20 
Old 2002-08-20, 01:42
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Ah, that New York wit. Sharp as a tac, it is!
 #21 
Old 2002-08-20, 01:49
maxjulian187 maxjulian187 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

dont be skerd, girls dig when you approach them it shows them you got some nuts.
 #22 
Old 2002-08-20, 13:21
thewhacker thewhacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

So thats how it work ahh fuck i have wasted my life but i still got time and i dont like to say my name i sound like a complete idiot when i say my name. And i will take your word for but i better not get the response " get the fuck away from me you sick son of a bitch"
 #23 
Old 2002-08-20, 21:41
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

If you don't feel comfortable asking them on a date, ask if you can call them sometime - that way they have the option of giving you a fake number, so they don't have to reject you to your face, and you don't have to take it to yer face.. yeah, it'd suck if they DID give a fake number, but at least you could happily walk away with your head held high, without having to go "oh, ok. sorry.. um"
 #24 
Old 2002-08-25, 18:28
mike997 mike997 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

the number thing doesnt always work if u will proboly see her again like at school or at work a girl probloy wont give u fake number even if she dont wanna go out with u
 #25 
Old 2002-08-25, 20:34
some_crazy_fool some_crazy_fool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

sorry to interupt this great episode of "the dating rituals of teenagers"(copyright sum big corp.) but maybe this ll help: act natural, i've been doin this for ever, and even thought it sint always the most succsefull aprooch at least if you do end up with a date, shell be sum1 intreting, not a bimbo.
 #26 
Old 2002-08-26, 12:49
thewhacker thewhacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

AHHH i cant take anymore rejection *points .45 long colt to head*
 #27 
Old 2002-08-26, 15:07
Willl Willl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

OK, this is not a GAME like you are all making it out to be, its about 2 things, either sex, or relatioship. At times people want different things from different people. But its crazy to have all these stupid rules like Wintermute is creating, hevean forbid some guy actually wants to go out and have a relationship with her. If you go up and try and talk with someone and they have these unknown rules they want you to follow, move on. But if you need help, or courage, take advantage of the surroundings. For example, lets say your at the movie theater, right outside from the actual movie, and you just got popcorn, go over to the girl (or guy) and ask i"do you know where the napkins are" she moves aside and there they are. Then you say something like "are you seening this movie" she says yes, and you start talking about it, by the end of the conversation, you can decide if she(or he) is intrested, if so ask out, if not just say see ya, walk away, no harm, no foul. This is just a random example, in any place you go where you could meet people, you can use that enviorment to help you. Dont make this like a game, its just you trying to breed with someone(romantically or sexually) and if the person you talk to is trying to make a game out of it, with their own personal (unknown) rules, you should just move on, it will get to complex, and stressful, when the purpose of this is for happy, easy reasons!!
 #28 
Old 2002-08-26, 15:14
some_crazy_fool some_crazy_fool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

i second that: i tried to say it, but he puts it better.
 #29 
Old 2002-08-26, 19:22
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

It's not rules, it's just my personal opinion that if someone wants to spend time with me the least they can do is put some effort into talking to me.
 #30 
Old 2002-08-27, 00:08
pretty pinay pretty pinay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

The answer to your question is all over the place here!! Just re-read what the GIRL posters have said here!! Especially read Wintermute again. No girl is turned on by a "guy MUTE"!! A little show of effort by the guy makes the girl feel sexually desireable!! I think there are many patient girls out there who have "YES" on the tip of their tongue, but are waiting to be asked. So why don't you guys try out my theory and ASK something of that fantasy girl you are drooling over, but too afraid to talk to? BE BRAVE!! Her answer MIGHT blow your socks off!! I hope so!! Love, Venus.
 #31 
Old 2002-08-27, 01:35
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Of course, the line between courage and foolishness is thin indeed, and nothing will kill confidence like realizing you were just a complete fucking idiot..

Damn, that's not helping either, is it.
 #32 
Old 2002-08-27, 01:39
-=Sniper=- -=Sniper=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Grab your balls and just chat to her.....just dont be a creepy ass thats all.
 #33 
Old 2002-08-27, 02:16
Willl Willl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Wintermute, effort?? Showing yourself to the world and exposing yourself to utter rejection is hard enough. I think its mean to put a guy on the spot to have to talk, and not make it easy for them. Whats with all these girls who sit around waiting for a guy to ask them out, dont they have enough courage to get up, squeeze their metophoric balls and go talk to a guy, now that would be sexy, a girl with guts! Like I dont get it, its not 1865? We have gotten to the point where women can vote, own property, dont have to wear dresses all the time, and only option in life is to be a maid who's alternate purpose is to be something pritty to look at. Why is it that girls still keep this little old practice, of it not being "lady like" to make the first move? Like I said before, all this is, is dating, hey maybe even love, just keep it simple, and be honest, what would be easier, who cares about these stupid rules, My advise: GUYS, GIRLS, IF YOU LIKE SOMEONE JUST GO UP TO THEM AND BE HONEST, DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE EXCEPT YOURSELF!
 #34 
Old 2002-08-27, 03:37
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

quote:
Originally posted by Willl:
Wintermute, effort?? Showing yourself to the world and exposing yourself to utter rejection is hard enough. I think its mean to put a guy on the spot to have to talk, and not make it easy for them. Whats with all these girls who sit around waiting for a guy to ask them out, dont they have enough courage to get up, squeeze their metophoric balls and go talk to a guy, now that would be sexy, a girl with guts! Like I dont get it, its not 1865? We have gotten to the point where women can vote, own property, dont have to wear dresses all the time, and only option in life is to be a maid who's alternate purpose is to be something pritty to look at. Why is it that girls still keep this little old practice, of it not being "lady like" to make the first move? Like I said before, all this is, is dating, hey maybe even love, just keep it simple, and be honest, what would be easier, who cares about these stupid rules, My advise: GUYS, GIRLS, IF YOU LIKE SOMEONE JUST GO UP TO THEM AND BE HONEST, DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE EXCEPT YOURSELF!



Yes, effort. If *I* want a guy, then I will go and talk to him, ask him out, seduce him whatever. But if I'm to even consider someone that doesn't immediately seem like my kinda guy, I want them to PROVE that they are. If you come up and talk to me, make it worth something, make it count.

as I said, it's not about stupid "rules". But given that I get hit on, on average, usually about 4 times every time I walk out the door, why the fuck shouldn't I distinguish between the guys who put in some effort and the guys who don't?.

You want to be with me, show me why you're worth more than 5 minutes of my time. Any girl that asks out every guy who comes up and lamely says "Hi. Nice day today". and then NOTHING ELSE after that, frankly, needs to get out more.

If I see a guy that I'm attracted to, I'll make conversation, I'll make an effort, I'll flirt and if I think he's amenable, I'll ask him out. I'm not into waiting for someone I like to come up and ask ME out. But if you see me and want to be with me, I expect the same courtesy. What the fuck is so hard to understand about that?
 #35 
Old 2002-08-27, 03:40
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Fuck, it's so much fun watching Suz bash a logical point into a thick skull.

*offers Gatorade to the Mute*
 #36 
Old 2002-08-27, 06:23
Moderator
 
Default Re: Help with girls

popcorn, anyone?
 #37 
Old 2002-08-27, 07:31
some_crazy_fool some_crazy_fool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

yeh, i'm sure your really good at tellin the difference between guys that make an effort and those that dont, but woudnt your effort be better spent distinguishing between the arseholes and the nice guys? or am i correct in believin that that really dusnt matter anymore (did it ever?)
 #38 
Old 2002-08-27, 13:12
thewhacker thewhacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

*whacker slaps himself for bieng a mute*
 #39 
Old 2002-08-27, 14:09
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

uhh, exactly how are you supposed to tell whether a guy is nice or an asshole in 5 minutes or less? That's ANOTHER reason for wanting them to put more effort into making conversation, so I can see where they're coming from..

 #40 
Old 2002-08-27, 14:27
thewhacker thewhacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

mmmm
how about if i go up to girl and say
" i was wathing you from a far and i have to say you got the nicest ass"

-im soo lost
 #41 
Old 2002-08-27, 15:34
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Aiming complements at any sexually related body part is most likely to get you slapped.

Good things to compliment - ie SAFE things, are her clothes/shoes, her hair, any part of her face - although I might steer clear of mentioning her lips. Eyes are a good one. Telling someone they have beautiful eyes makes you out to be a very soulful sorta connected person.

But don't say these things to her breasts either!.
 #42 
Old 2002-08-27, 17:04
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

One time, in a club, a waitress had these wings drawn on her back- it didn't look like tattoo, at least- so I told her I liked her wings. She was happy.

Then I left.

Whaddaya want? It was closing time and she was working. Oh well.
 #43 
Old 2002-08-27, 17:17
some_crazy_fool some_crazy_fool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

yeah fair enuff mute.
*i'll take sum popcorn*
 #44 
Old 2002-08-27, 21:24
pretty pinay pretty pinay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Spiffy: You were off to such a great start!! Why did you leave!!!???? The best things happen AFTER closing time!! That one could have been a good night!! Next time you see her wings, say it again (she'll never get tired of hearing the compliment)----but don't leave!!(hee hee). Love, Venus.
 #45 
Old 2002-08-27, 22:09
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

I also had three semi-blitzed friends to drive home.

Ah, the life of the responsible one.
 #46 
Old 2002-08-28, 04:44
Willl Willl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

Wintermute, what I got out of your origional statment is that you waited for guys to ask you out, and that ANY guy that came up to you would have to spend the whole time trying to keep the convo alive, instead of you letting it flow. You dont have to get so upset, were talking on the internet. I just think it would be easier by just going with the flow, like you just go out, and if someone you like starts talking to you, you talk back, which could lead to a date. Guys and girls, just be homest and true, dont make up stuff to say, dont act a certain way for some reason or another, just let things proceed naturally, and thinks will turn out better.
 #47 
Old 2002-08-28, 07:24
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

I don't think you're quite getting the point of it.

You're right to say there's nothing wrong with continuing the conversation.. but she didn't say anything about that. It's messed up to *expect* someone to *try* and keep a conversation going which you started, ie. when the flow of which you speak doesn't exist. Like I said before, if you happen onto a topic this other person has an interest in and conversation erupts, fantastic, but if you're not so lucky, you should be prepared to keep talking (and try and get him/her talking, too).

Finish what you start. It's not a difficult theory.
 #48 
Old 2002-08-28, 08:56
TOWCHBob TOWCHBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

quote:
Originally posted by Willl:
Like I dont get it, its not 1865? We have gotten to the point where women can vote, own property, dont have to wear dresses all the time, and only option in life is to be a maid who's alternate purpose is to be something pritty to look at. Why is it that girls still keep this little old practice, of it not being "lady like" to make the first move?


If all you had to do was sit on your ass and wait would you bother?
 #49 
Old 2002-08-28, 13:00
some_crazy_fool some_crazy_fool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Help with girls

arghhtt shit.. another one lost.. fuck this..

*steals the colt from whaker, points to head.. bang.. then end*
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics