About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-04-20, 01:17
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Is there something wrong with me?

I used to be one of those girls who cared about what she looked like an what people thought about her. I used to really care about school work and stuff like that. Recently I have notcied that I don't care about anything like that anymore...muchless I don't care about alot of things anymore. Theres only like 3 poeple in my life that I truly care about. School work means nothing to me anymore.....I have canged dramtically and I don't know why? Is this a good thing?
Thanks,
Render87
 #2 
Old 2002-04-20, 01:25
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

SOunds like you are suffering from depression. Depression is bad enough as an adul, but can be even more so for someone your age. I know; I was at that age, too.

Check out this site to see if you have any other symptoms for depression.
Depression
 #3 
Old 2002-04-20, 01:40
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

Well, what do you care about and how do you feel right now? Not caring what you look like or how people think of you can be a good thing. Some people are obsessed with that crap.

As for schoolwork, you might just have burnout.
 #4 
Old 2002-04-20, 01:58
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

i cant believe that im gonna ask this, but have you been using any drugs lately?
 #5 
Old 2002-04-20, 02:06
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

Nope, I haven't used any drugs lately. I care about a couple of people like I said. Now I am interested on different views of things. I like hearing other people's opinions and things. and one thing I really care about is volleyball. My life is half-way devoted to that sport.
 #6 
Old 2002-04-20, 02:12
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

how old are you?

is it quite possible that you're doing nothing more than growing up?
 #7 
Old 2002-04-20, 02:14
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

tis true iv done that least 3 times and i am just getting over one just islolate your self and itll be over soon
 #8 
Old 2002-04-20, 03:07
TheMouse TheMouse is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

You don't sound depressed at all. You sound fine and are just growing up. It's better for you to grow out of caring too much about how you look or how everyone thinks of you. Maybe schoolwork isn't important for you right now because it's stale crap that isn't challenging your mind or creativity.
 #9 
Old 2002-04-20, 08:24
viv37 viv37 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

yeaaaaa... well, i think we all go through bouts where school becomes this tedious obstacle vs. the enlightening experience it can be (it's what you make of it). ur probably into other people's opinions' b/c ur becoming more open to new ideas and allowing yourself to become fascinated w/ them instead of being intimidated by them, hence the change that you notice in yourself is gradual and probably having to do w/ this- not a bad thing at all. what you should realize is that some (note: if u can see how some of the principles/ideas you learn in school really relate to ur life, then you can apply them in an enlightening and practicle way) of what you learn in school is/ can be the same way... well, perhaps not high school.=O)
if ur in high school- just enjoy the friends that you have and enjoy ur freedom right now. responsibility sux. learn as much as you can from the friends you have now and leave the actual learning and stressin' about school shit for college.
btw: word to the wise- love and care about these other people as much as you want- but don't forget that you deserve at least as much from them in return. as long as these 3 people that you speak of are genuine people- no prob.
enjoy baby. i wouldn't stress it.
-Viv.
 #10 
Old 2002-04-20, 22:41
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

Yeah, shit, if you got volleyball and a few good friends, it kills having a bunch of asshole friends and no volleyball.

Unless you had softball or lacrosse or something.

Come to think of it, the coolest people I've ever met are the ones who didn't give half an assfuck about schoolwork, but at least were responsible enough to do what they had to do and graduate.
 #11 
Old 2002-04-21, 05:10
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

I don't mind the part of me changing and having differet views. That's interesting. It's just that I'm sad a lot now. I don't enjoy being all peppy and stuff. I like the more "mellow" mood. I'm just sad a lot and I don't know why. That's what is scaring me.
Thanks,
Render
 #12 
Old 2002-04-21, 05:13
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

oh yeah and by the way......I'm 14.
 #13 
Old 2002-04-21, 05:37
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

Doesn't sound like you're depressed. Quickest way to being really depressed is to keep believing you should be the way you were, the way someone else is, or something other than the way you are.

People change, you are a person, thus you will change. You said you like being mellow- so be mellow. You'll stop eventually. It's one of those things you can hear a lot, but have to learn the hard way (ie. go through it yourself). I only say this to try and help you avoid going through it the really hard way (ie. confuse yourself and never figure it out).
 #14 
Old 2002-04-21, 05:41
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

Thanks Spiffy. It's just a lot of my other friends are all happy and they always think something is wrong with me...I never know how to answer them. It's just weird. A lot of things are.
Render
 #15 
Old 2002-04-21, 06:53
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

are they happy? really? or just hyper?..

big diff.
 #16 
Old 2002-04-21, 06:58
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

I think most of them are happy. They all have pretty decent lives. They are hyper and peppy too though.
 #17 
Old 2002-04-21, 11:55
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

heh, next time they bug you, ask them if they're REALLY happy or they just act that way, I'm guessing most people will say they're not totally happy..
 #18 
Old 2002-04-21, 18:31
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

well then I guess you haven't met some of my friends. They are all most big christians and stuff like that. I will gaurantee most of them are happy. Except I have a few who I know for sure aren't. But thanks anyways....wintermute.
Render
 #19 
Old 2002-04-21, 19:15
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

Oh, Suz, you're so cynical. Don't you remember all those kids (the majority, probably) who would say they were happy, think they were happy, and only realize that they weren't really happy years later? Hell, most of 'em probably haven't figured it out yet.
 #20 
Old 2002-04-21, 19:44
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

yeah, your probably right.
Thanks,
Render
 #21 
Old 2002-04-24, 08:10
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

my advise to cheer ya up is to goto your old elementry school or you young sis or bro's school and run around screaming the power of christ compels you while giving the finger

that always cheers me up
 #22 
Old 2002-04-24, 19:31
bleeding mirror bleeding mirror is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is there something wrong with me?

You keep getting your posts screwed up in the wrong forums...

yeah you're just growing up. hormones. pressure from peers and school. being either too bored or too busy. changing veiwpoints on life and mentally maturing. all those things just screw with you, and relationships dont help at all. keep your head above water and you'll do fine.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics