About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2001-10-24, 01:10
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default sex+friend=disaster?

women are nuts.

men are bolts,

women are nuts.
 #2 
Old 2001-10-24, 10:30
Moderator
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
Just FYI, breasts aren't so much fun that they can entertain you all day..


ja Schatz...
 #3 
Old 2001-10-24, 12:22
iron_flower iron_flower is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

as a chick, i can only agree... most girls are too complicated, gives me an excuse to hang out only with guys...hehehe...
 #4 
Old 2001-10-24, 16:11
Defiant Exile Defiant Exile is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

The good men I know cannot relate to the good women I know. Obviously some goals and such are shared, but generally, the entire emotional pattern is radically different. The men concern themselves with being strong. The women worry about being accepted. The two cannot relate to each other. It is almost impossible to convince a woman sometimes the right thing makes you hated. To them, again in general, the right thing is being loved.
 #5 
Old 2001-10-24, 16:14
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

If it makes you hated, it's not the right thing.

And obviously those good women and good men aren't that good, if they can't relate to each other.
 #6 
Old 2001-10-24, 16:14
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

*very happy to not live in Stereotype Land*
 #7 
Old 2001-10-25, 01:27
IandI IandI is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

AMEN!
 #8 
Old 2001-10-25, 05:25
Krigerhelt Krigerhelt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

--If it makes you hated, it's not the right thing.--

What logic does that go by? If you're intimidated by other people's misinformed and judgmental opinions, it's not ethically correct? I believe stabbing children in the face with a bayonet is wrong. If I'm in the middle of a Bayonet-Stabbers-Of-Children's-Faces-Of-America convention, I'm going to be hated for that. Doesn't make it any less the right thing to do. Majority doesn't define global ethics; nature does.

--And obviously those good women and good men aren't that good, if they can't relate to each other.--

I'm surprised that, in a forum in which most people are considerably tolerant of everything and everyone around them, you would be so arbitrary as to say that people are good only if they can relate to one another in their group. I associate with dozens of people whose ethics I disagree with, if I don't downright despise them. In a global and natural sense, however, I respect the qualities that make him or her a good person, even if I can't relate to them. And one would either be ignorant or inadvisably intolerant to not do the same.

Just another point of view from a passerby.

------------------
Cattle die, kindred die,
Every man is mortal:
But I know one thing that never dies,
The glory of the great dead
 #9 
Old 2001-10-25, 06:21
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

Defiant registering another name because?...

 #10 
Old 2001-10-25, 09:36
Prometheus Rex Prometheus Rex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

Defiant,

Blow off...

As to the whole friend thing, I would suggest that you talk with him about it first. Bring the whole subject out in the open. Ask him what he thinks about it and whether or not he is averse to the idea. At worst, it might streangthen the friendship. And I do not mean "hey, wanna boink??" unless you just want a fuck buddy. Or, if you do, talk with him about it. A friend of mine and I had a relationship like that for seven years. We could talk, hang around, fuck, all without any expectations in the morning. We are still friends to this day.

In other words, try honesty, it might work.
 #11 
Old 2001-10-25, 11:48
Moderator
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

... of esoteric hitlerism maybe?

What was this stupid name meant to be?

`Krigerhelt�

Does he mean "Kriegerheld"?
=> Hero of war?
Krieger => Warrior
Held => Hero

Gosh, fascists ...
*giving a shrug*
 #12 
Old 2001-10-25, 15:27
Defiant Exile Defiant Exile is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

Its not me. But it says hes from my home town. I think its my cousin, I recall inviting him here before.
Yeah that thign about being hated is fuckin sad. You honestly dont think there are things that transcend public opinion? American patriots were hated until they started winning. Before that they were just rocking the boat. Youre such an ignorant slave. Go get em Cuz!
 #13 
Old 2001-10-25, 16:04
Defiant Exile Defiant Exile is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

The names not German, its Norwegian.
 #14 
Old 2001-10-25, 16:17
alwayswrong alwayswrong is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

quote:
Originally posted by Krigerhelt:
--If it makes you hated, it's not the right thing.--

...If I'm in the middle of a Bayonet-Stabbers-Of-Children's-Faces-Of-America convention, I'm going to be hated for that. Doesn't make it any less the right thing to do...



ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS???

Read the last sentence in the quote, again and again to yourself until you get it. You are fucking lost man. Do you think you are fooling anyone with this backward logic. I mean: -"...any less..."- is it possible you're serious? This scenario could never be "any less the right thing to do". It never was in any possible way "the right thing to do"! So how in the world can it be "any less"? Don't even bother arguing that you can have less than nothing, because it changes my point naught. Your purpose in this passage if you have one (I sincerely doubt it), can only be trickery, very sloppy trickery. The only person you're fooling is yourself.

------------------
The proof is in the pudding but I'm not very hungry and besides I don't like pudding very much except when I'm hungry for pudding and even then I'd rather have pie cause I really like pie though I don't like it very much when I don't feel like eating pie and then pudding is more likely to be appealing to me if there isn't any chocolate to be had cause I really like chocolate a real lot no matter what but there isn't any proof in chocolate unless there is but I wouldn't know cause someone ate my chocy and it wasn't me or I would have the proof if there is any in chocolate that is or is not likely to be the aproppriate chocolate for the given situation



[This message has been edited by alwayswrong (edited 10-25-2001).]
 #15 
Old 2001-10-25, 16:41
alwayswrong alwayswrong is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

BTW/ IandI,
No news to tell. Our schedules are clashing badly. It didn't go far the other night (morning), but we did kiss for the first time. Significant in the circumstances, and I feel like this is what is concerning me most. That everything is going to feel too significant. I know this sounds like a sad self-fullfilling prophecy, but I truly don't want to make a big deal of it any ways, all ways, whatever ways they might be.
Any ways, how is your situation going? Hope things are working out whatever those things might be.



------------------
The proof is in the pudding but I'm not very hungry and besides I don't like pudding very much except when I'm hungry for pudding and even then I'd rather have pie cause I really like pie though I don't like it very much when I don't feel like eating pie and then pudding is more likely to be appealing to me if there isn't any chocolate to be had cause I really like chocolate a real lot no matter what but there isn't any proof in chocolate unless there is but I wouldn't know cause someone ate my chocy and it wasn't me or I would have the proof if there is any in chocolate that is or is not likely to be the aproppriate chocolate for the given situation
 #16 
Old 2001-10-25, 17:44
Defiant Exile Defiant Exile is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

>>>>>Read the last sentence in the quote, again and again to yourself until you get it. You are fucking lost man. Do you think you are fooling anyone with this backward logic. I mean: -"...any less..."- is it possible you're serious? This scenario could never be "any less the right thing to do". It never was in any possible way "the right thing to do"! So how in the world can it be "any less"? Don't even bother arguing that you can have less than nothing, because it changes my point naught. Your purpose in this passage if you have one (I sincerely doubt it), can only be trickery, very sloppy trickery. The only person you're fooling is yourself.<<<<

I thought it was pretty clear, hes saying numbers dont define right. Grow up dude.
 #17 
Old 2001-10-26, 01:12
IandI IandI is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

Defiant, wasn't it you who has trouble trying to convinse women that the "right thing" can make you hated? were you not implying that because it makes you hated you should sometimes avoid the "right thing?" To me this implies that the "right thing" can be the "wrong thing" if it is not generally accepted as the "right thing." If you dissagree with that then what were you trying to say here?

alwayswrong...
I, like you, am trying not to make a big deal of of it either. We both are interrested in taking it to a new level, but I am about 80% sure that I would hurt him, therefore I am trying to keep the situation open. I see no need to slap lables on it at this point. So as for now I am just preparing myself not to get insanely jealous if I see him with another chick.
as for your situation, it would bother me to have such a patronizing dot dot dot in my life.
 #18 
Old 2001-10-26, 02:15
Defiant Exile Defiant Exile is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>Defiant, wasn't it you who has trouble trying to convinse women that the "right thing" can make you hated?<<<<

I HAD trouble, I no longer even try. They cannot understand.

>>>>were you not implying that because it makes you hated you should sometimes avoid the "right thing?"<<<<

How could you get that? I am a Defiant Exile, what does that tell you about meekly acquiescning to the views of the herd? Love of people who hate truth is at best useless, and at worst, destructive. I am better off alone, scorned, and right.

>>>>To me this implies that the "right thing" can be the "wrong thing" if it is not generally accepted as the "right thing."<<<<

Is the inverse true. Is the Wrong thing Right if its viewed as such? That was the point my cousin was bashing, as I do too. To me, and to RIGHT, the RIGHT thing is RIGHT regardless of how many people have been fooled into thinking otherwise. I use the term thinking loosely, most just go with the flow.

>>>>If you dissagree with that then what were you trying to say here?<<<

Screaming mobs marching for somethign out of convenience, expedience, or the need for acceptance is not the basis of right. The crowd is a woman. Women would rather be accepted than right. Except my girlfriend, shes a fuckin stubborn mule
 #19 
Old 2001-10-26, 02:42
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

Bullshit
I don't give a crap about being accepted.. the people I respect accept me just fine..

 #20 
Old 2001-10-26, 04:17
Defiant Exile Defiant Exile is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

How can that and this:

"If it makes you hated, it's not the right thing." be true at the same time. Those are your words.
 #21 
Old 2001-10-26, 08:45
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

I have had sex with my best friend before(Damn tighest Pussy I ever had), and were still best friends nothing has changed at all. Has this happened to anyone else? Just wondering

------------------
-@OsiriS@-
Homage to thee, O Osiris, the lord of eternity, the king of the gods, thou who hast many names, whose forms of coming into being are holy, whose attributes are hidden in the temples.
 #22 
Old 2001-10-26, 10:57
Moderator
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

yes, of course it�s your cousin from Norway, like WW�s cousin from �Hamburgh` ...

How old were you when (...) -_-Osiris-_- ?
 #23 
Old 2001-10-26, 15:04
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

Because my beliefs don't make me hated. I said the people I respect accept me, despite differing opinions etc. The only reason to be hated for your beliefs is if they are totally inimical to everyone around you, or if you're a complete moronic asshole when you describe said beliefs..


Pick which category you fall into Defiant..
 #24 
Old 2001-10-26, 16:21
Defiant Exile Defiant Exile is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

The one in my signature.

------------------
"You force many to relearn about you: they charge it bitterly against you. You come close to them and yet passed by: that they will never forgive. You pass over and beyond them: but the higher you ascend, the smaller you appear to the eye of envy. But most of all, they hate those who fly."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
 #25 
Old 2001-10-26, 16:32
alwayswrong alwayswrong is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

I know what point he was trying to make. It's the way he went about it that amuses me.
 #26 
Old 2001-10-27, 03:13
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

I was 17, and I'm 25 now, today is my B-day! And we are still best friends

------------------
-@OsiriS@-
Homage to thee, O Osiris, the lord of eternity, the king of the gods, thou who hast many names, whose forms of coming into being are holy, whose attributes are hidden in the temples.
 #27 
Old 2001-10-28, 12:10
magician magician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
Because my beliefs don't make me hated. I said the people I respect accept me, despite differing opinions etc. The only reason to be hated for your beliefs is if they are totally inimical to everyone around you, or if you're a complete moronic asshole when you describe said beliefs..


Pick which category you fall into Defiant..



Hey Suzie... which one do you put me in, from what I've seen you do have some sort of ill-defined hatred there.

Magician shrugs and walks off
 #28 
Old 2001-10-29, 21:38
IandI IandI is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

YOU GUYS SHOULD TALK.YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED HIM BEFORE YOU ASKED US! DO YOU BOTH JUST WANNA FUCK? DO YOU BOTH WANT A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP? JUST MAKE A PROMISE TO EACH OTHER THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE FRIENDS.
---------------------------------------
cobra,
It's not that we don't talk - actually, we hang out and annalyze the situaltion to shreds on a daily basis - it's more that I want to be pragmatic before I spill my soul out to him. And mostly I don't want to approach such a vulnerable situation indecisively. Once you say something, you can never take it back. Knowing this I want to be carefull about how I handle the situation. We are more than just sex buddies...there is a whirlpool of emotion involved but here is my concern:

Practically nothing lasts forever

Any monogomous relationship that comes out of this is by fate going to end sometime.

Knowing this I see us as doomed to ephemerality.

Looking back, I'll think...fuck, we should have just stayed friends.

>>>>JUST MAKE A PROMISE TO EACH OTHER THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE FRIENDS.<<<<
Riiiiiiiight lol. Relationships have a tendancy to win stunning victories over your sanity.

I know this is a cynical way to think of it but I am indeed over-annalytical...

Great friendships are too rare to ruin with metaphysical trivialities such as desire.

Defiant,
I still don't see the proof in the pudding...maybe alwayswrong can explain. How do you parallel women to this screaming mob of sheep?
IandI am willing to be met with dissaproval to act upon my ideals of righteousness...even if convicting individuals such as yourself and everybody else on the thread think I'm a fool. This is virtue, this is "right." Now if one can do this WITH the acceptance of critics, then that is an accomplishment. Your defiance is silent without the acceptance of others.
My name speeks for itself here. As a woman, do I then fall out of your sereotype?
------------------------------

Everyone is a fucking Napoleon. = P
 #29 
Old 2001-10-29, 23:37
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

I don't hate anyone on here.. why do people consistently think I do?..

 #30 
Old 2001-10-30, 00:01
Defiant Exile Defiant Exile is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

IandI, the crowd is a woman. Look at the behavior of a typical Western, or even, Oriental, conception of woman, and at the typical behavior of a crowd. They are the same.
 #31 
Old 2001-10-30, 12:39
alwayswrong alwayswrong is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

IandI,
don't look to me here. I'm having no success at all following this one. I mean look at the post preceding this one. Are we talking about the 'behaviour of a conception' here or what??????????????????????

I'm beaten. Someone keeps moving the goal posts or changing the rules or something.
From a purely existential standpoiint I don't have a problem with the, playing of a game without rules idea, as such. It's just that it's getting tiring and there is little reward. Someone throw me a lifeline. I need something to hang onto here.
 #32 
Old 2001-10-30, 12:54
alwayswrong alwayswrong is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

BTW
*vainly attempts to get back on topic*

IandI,
I have a feeling you may be facing regret either way. There are no guarantees in life.
You seem to be focusing on what you want to not happen(don't get me wrong, I do admire the realism). Have you thought about focusing on what you do want it to be? Concentrate on making it everything the two of you want it to be. Go for it and say no to, regrets of having hesitated too long, of having missed opportunities and missed connections.

Of course I could be way wrong on this one. I don't know what's in your heart. Yeah this is one I have written more for myself.

------------------
The proof is in the pudding but I'm not very hungry and besides I don't like pudding very much except when I'm hungry for pudding and even then I'd rather have pie cause I really like pie though I don't like it very much when I don't feel like eating pie and then pudding is more likely to be appealing to me if there isn't any chocolate to be had cause I really like chocolate a real lot no matter what but there isn't any proof in chocolate unless there is but I wouldn't know cause someone ate my chocy and it wasn't me or I would have the proof if there is any in chocolate that is or is not likely to be the aproppriate chocolate for the given situation

[This message has been edited by alwayswrong (edited 10-30-2001).]
 #33 
Old 2001-11-03, 03:14
IandI IandI is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

>>>>IandI, the crowd is a woman. Look at the behavior of a typical Western, or even, Oriental, conception of woman, and at the typical behavior of a crowd. They are the same. <<<<

How so? Yes, perhaps both are emotional in primary intelligence and reactive in social style wich might lead the speculator to see such activity as hysterical. But this doesn't prove you're innitial point that women will do anything it takes to be accepted. In fact I think this emotional reactionism is chemical biology. Women seem to have less controll over their emotions and thus tend to react very naturally. Guys, who concern themselves with being pragmatic and strong tend to act accourding to percieved self-image. I hate to generalize but If one of the two sexes are most honest and passionate about their beliefs than the other, I would have to say women take the cake.

alwayswrong...you are definitely right about scrapping regrets. Carpe diem is indeed the philosophy to live by. I hesitate to continue becase my feelings about the situation are taking about faces on a daily basis. But as for today, we've decided that our friendship had become a relationship even before we aknowledged the change. So scrap the last comment...My life rocks!
 #34 
Old 2001-11-27, 22:07
literate literate is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sex+friend=disaster?

quote:
Originally posted by Defiant Exile:
The one in my signature. Blah Blah Blah...Im better than everyone not because of what I have accomplished to better society, but because I was born a white male.




If someone can tie this into "sex+friend=disaster?" forum, your a better man than me.

I decided to quote this from Robert M. Baird because I am neither a Nietzsche expert nor a aspiring fascist.

..."Although Nietzsche explicitly denied that any overmen had yet arisen, he mentions several individuals who could serve as models. Among these models he lists Jesus, Greek philosopher Socrates, Florentine thinker Leonardo da Vinci, Italian artist Michelangelo, English playwright William Shakespeare, German author Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Roman ruler Julius Caesar, and French emperor Napoleon I."

Defiant, I pretty sure you're just a tad bit full of yourself...

"The concept of the overman has often been interpreted as one that postulates a master-slave society and has been identified with totalitarian philosophies. Many scholars deny the connection and attribute it to misinterpretation of Nietzsche's work."

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics