|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2001-03-30, 17:23
|
indian ripper 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Is there Hope
Well guys the topic I' submittin is pretty sensitive,I came across this girl on the net and we became instant friends and as time passed we came pretty close,We bacame indispensible to each other,She infact told me all about her previous life and all the boyfriends she had had,,and that she was tired of havin to forgo relationships because of the misunderstandings she seemed to be havin with them,she said she found me to be perfect and that she expected a long term relationship....As much as i want to believe her,she `keeps tellin me she loves me and on the other hand says she can only commit on meetin up,What sort of love is it, actually our cultures are totally different,Infact too different...So I guess we will have our differences,I am pretty much circumspect that if i get emotionlly involved with her and later she backs out I miht get hurt...or regret...Should i go in for it and meet her...The weird part is we havent even met and yet she claims she loves me no end....
|
|
#2
 2001-03-30, 20:23
|
Confusedly 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there Hope
That sounds like a typical pedophile scenario to me
|
|
#3
 2001-03-30, 20:49
|
Bingo! 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there Hope
Dear Mr. Ripper:
Of course it happens to us all - internet romance. . . sigh. . . However, I feel that I may be about to burst your little bubble by confirming what you may have known all along�
It is strange how we can create an image in our heads of the person at the other end. This image is like a real person in the sense that we think of things they've said, or think of things we'd like to say to them. Scary thing about the internet is, what we are experiencing isn't �real�. It�s just the impact of words upon us that give rise to these feelings for the other, though I would certainly describe several of my net buddies as friends. Comparable to a fiction from a book, is this experience of meeting people in a virtual world. Its even better than a book cuz you have a person responding to the world you are creating � how exciting to be interacting with a beloved (albeit fictional) character!
So words have a certain power, a power that is able to both veil and unveil the intentions behind them. My experience with internet chat buddies tells me that there is a 50% chance of liking each other upon meeting face to face.
I think we are all struggling to understand this new and strange phenomenon of virtual meetings, virtual romance, virtual friendship (note the term virtual - almost real, almost there, almost love?). Forgive my skeptic musings but I say show me the money!
|
|
#4
 2001-03-30, 21:58
|
raverdude56001 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there Hope
If i was you i wouldn't meet because she could be a he and he could be a killer or something
|
|
#5
 2001-03-30, 22:12
|
|
Moderator
|
|
The fine line between genius and madness
|
|
Re: Is there Hope
You mentioned a cultural difference, what is it?
If you decide to meet this person do it in a public place where you can get away if you have to. That doesn't sound too likely though, every internet pedophile I've ever heard of was a man looking for young girls.
------------------ Remember the golden rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
|
|
#6
 2001-03-31, 16:50
|
Suziegirl 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is there Hope
The only advice I can give, is to try and NOT feel anything other than friendship for her, until you meet. That's the only way to avoid getting hurt, to not put any emotional pressure into anything up until the day you become real people to one another..
For those of you who didn't know, I'm probably the best expert on this particular subject you could find.. I met my current boyfriend on the net, and have been with him for 2 years. I've also seen a lot of things go wrong for people.. Anytime you give away too much emotion to someone you haven't met, you're putting a huge amount of pressure on yourself to like that person in real life too.. I knew one guy who totally fell in love with a woman over the net, sold up everything, moved from Hawaii to the mainland, only to find out that she'd been leading him on all along, and when he got off the bus, there were cops waiting for him (she told them he'd been stalking her, and besides which, she was married).. now that's harsh, but if he hadn't fallen in love with her, it wouldn't have hurt nearly as much.
After you've been around for a while, you get an instinct as to who are real people, and who are simply fakers and liars on the net, at least, I do.. So far I haven't been wrong about anyone I've met in real life.. But I've never put pressure on the meeting either, I've always had a way to get out and a way to feel safe.
If you feel it's weird that she loves you like that, then it IS weird.. You didn't say how old you are, but if you're under 18, I'd say definitely don't bother meeting her.. Too much at stake.. If you're a little older, it's safer for you I guess.. Also, if there's no way you could ever have a long term relationship with each other (ie you're stuck in your physical location which is a long way apart).. I wouldn't bother either.. Don't make your life more difficult than it has to be.. that's the thing you have to realise at the end of the day...
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|