About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2000-12-02, 06:20
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Erotic Writers

Heh heh, thanks man.

The real difference between erotica and porn isn't the story; it's the writer, no? Anyone can write a story where the, uh, hero "shot his load all over that bitch's face", which would generally be considered a porn story. There's nothing erotic at all, just a tale of some dude getting his rocks off.

Now, if someone were to write out an identical scene with a more beautiful, flowing style, one that makes you sit up and pay attention to the words instead of thinking "blow load blow load blow load", that could be considered erotica. If I had any idea how to do that for a random cumshot, I would give an example, but I don't. (Keep in mind this doesn't consist of merely referring to "his cum" as "his love juice"; it takes actual skill to pull off, more than most people bother to use.)
 #2 
Old 2000-12-02, 14:43
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

So in other words erotica is porn disguised as anything but porn?

sckbch, leave her alone eh? So what if she's got a dog fetish, at least she aint splitting chickens open with a giant dick. As long as the dog consents to it, live and let live man.

k9girl, why don't you try writing something, showing it to some of the people here, then asking for help so we have a base of comparison.
 #3 
Old 2000-12-02, 17:51
slipgut slipgut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

i'll read it an tell ya what i thinks
 #4 
Old 2000-12-02, 19:53
k9girrl k9girrl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

By the way Emma's most memorable quote was "I don't WANT a Revolution if I can't fuck!"

I don't mind a bit of crude when one is excited, I yell a lot of weird things. What I was trying to say is much X-surf looks like something done TO a woman, rather than WITH her. I want in on the fun, not just being an appliance! Someone wrote "Erotic is what I like, porno is what someone else likes."

Me writing at picnic) "His tongue was warm and active in my mouth, tasting of pickles. Trembling, I began rubbing my crotch against his thigh. He gasped and stroked my hips, kisses traveling down my neck. My head dropped to his lap and unzipped him with my teeth. Swollen penis lept out joyfully foaming at the end---"

Is that nice for you guys, or would you like to volunteer?
 #5 
Old 2000-12-02, 22:05
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

quote:
Originally posted by Trippy_McGee:
So in other words erotica is porn disguised as anything but porn?


For the most part. An erotic story is generally written with more intelligence and, often, more background and detail than a simple written-out sex scene. If you picture in your mind what's actually happening, though, both of those are likely to bring forth similar images. There's a gray area there, where something like K9's post would fall- it's detailed, it's more poetic than "I sucked him off", but it's very to-the-point.

That's my opinion- to some people, if it's just about sex, it's porn, but if there's a romantic background to it, then it's erotica, no matter how much skill goes into the writing. Either way, it's all good. Enjoy reading what you like.
 #6 
Old 2000-12-03, 04:49
slipgut slipgut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

that was pretty good...the pickle part threw me off though.

some ideas to work on would be when you use adj. try to make them as seductive as possible adj. make the story appealing.

you're pretty good at writing.
good job, keep it coming
 #7 
Old 2000-12-05, 23:13
k9girrl k9girrl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

(Singing)
"my red dress matches my eyes,
Close the cover before striking.
Loving you drves me banannas!"

I just dashed that one off the top of my head. Perhaps First Person style sounds a bit selfish, but I'm not when you know me better.
After much thought I define Porno as an exploitive attitude in the writer's mind. This comes through in many cases. We're your other part guys, long time no see.
I will be off-line for a while but will return to haunt you. Love! A.
 #8 
Old 2000-12-07, 04:46
Jimmy Ledford Jimmy Ledford is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

I think it would be prudent for anyone who has not read well written erotic writings...go read some, get to know some ot the greats: Anis Nin, Henry Miller, Colette, the Perfumed Garden, Ovid and so many others. The difference between exotic and pornography can be described it must be known to be diserned.

K-9 your writing from the"picnic" was strong. I was moved and weak in the knees with your ability to create the sensual nuances between two people.

Your poem has great potential, but line 3 is not as strong and is not truly carried by 1 and 2. It needs another image or to evoke "tired", "hot, red or burned out."

[This message has been edited by Jimmy Ledford (edited 12-07-2000).]
 #9 
Old 2000-12-07, 06:55
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

*just shakes his head and stabs Jimmy with the handle of a broken shovel*

That sounded so sincere, really.
 #10 
Old 2000-12-07, 15:53
joranax joranax is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

DONT YOU DARE FORGET ANNE RICE and the Sleeping beuty Series where she wrote as Ann Roqeluare(or somthin like that) Dont you dare forget those she is an excellent errotica writer.
Not bad K9 buit lose the pickle breath
 #11 
Old 2000-12-07, 19:45
k9girrl k9girrl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Thanks folks. i just dashed off the picnic bit from the top of my head (where ever that is). I like pickles, but many don't, so you are correct sister. My style is a bit raunchy but true, I won't pretend to lay down with the Classics.
The "red dress bit is not mine but an old jazz song. Jimmy, I'm starting to suspect you're after my disembodiment!
 #12 
Old 2000-12-07, 20:09
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

I am the only one who sees something wrong with the "foaming penis" part?
 #13 
Old 2000-12-07, 21:04
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

You mean to say that not all penises are rubbed in Alka-Seltzer before sexual contact? I'm shocked. It must be those uncircumcised men.
 #14 
Old 2000-12-07, 21:32
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

well, spiffy, if yours is foaming, then I guess you should've been more attentive to the "syphilis does not discriminate" signs on your local I-(insert your hwy number here) signs.
 #15 
Old 2000-12-08, 00:55
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Oh no! I thought they were supposed to be, like, religious billboards.. you know, "God loves all", "Syphillis does not discriminate", they're close! Shit.
 #16 
Old 2000-12-08, 05:59
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

i love those highway signs.

especially the ones that say:

"fine for littering"
i throw my shit out here

"gas food lodging"
i never knew

 #17 
Old 2000-12-09, 21:48
k9girrl k9girrl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

So you rubber fetishists should always use a glove then. Picking up anything here is unlikely especially if you have a Fire Wall.

Why do I always stand alone here looking like a total tart? GIRLS, I CAN FEEL YOU WATCHING, PLEASE POST A STORY. Just a short paragraph or two?
 #18 
Old 2000-12-09, 23:12
Bingo! Bingo! is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

OK K9 Woman - you made a good move appealing to my compassion, womanhood? whatever you wanna call it. I write erotica (privately) and this is what it looks like:

I slide my head
Between your bare and angled thighs
I slither myself
Upon the plains and canyons of your form
Smelling and tasting -
My body
Like a great big snake's tongue

Now at your belly I am, now at your crotch,
Leisurely advancing to the expanse of your chest
I raise myself with precise aim
And land to close both those gaps between us

The last line is what I'm having toruble with how about you guys - do you get it? I'll get to topcs of fantasy in another post - gotta run rt now. . .
 #19 
Old 2000-12-11, 00:30
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Hey~ you couldn't have felt me watching cause I didn't look until today, never read the
first post you did either, I guess I felt
anybody who would come right out and initially introduce herself as K9girl
would probably be even wittier and sick
than me, so I was jealous and didn't want
the confirmation that my insecurities were
founded. Dammit!, just kidding.. anyway
The funny thing is that I have written
one story and it was a long time before you
showed up here. It started as a response to The Real accusing me of "beastiality or something" in an old post where he was
suggesting how I might rid myself of the
litter box problem I had with my cats. The
story started out when I wrote something
referring to him saying "good boy" then I remember I sat there for about 1hr and a 1/2
writing this thing that just kinda "came
out of nowhere"(pardon) I finally posted it
but then deleted it an hour later thinking
whatever I was thinking at the time. I did
print it out though so if I can find it I'll
post it here. That would be a kick to see
what kind of feedback I got on that one!
Take it easy and I suppose I'll go read
the rest of your stuff, it's probably gonna
kill me but I guess I can't be the only
girl worth paying attention to anywhere!
Sniff...Sob....Boo..Hoo..Hoo :P
mostly I'm just kidding, mostly

ps-I highly recommend ImmaScared for erotic
fiction, I think she's great personally!
there is a story with a Christmas theme that
is a MUST! Also 'Father' by' the watcher'is
one of my favorites, it is in the archives here I think, if not though, I'm sure you can find it on the web somewhere. Let me know what you think of both if you are so inclined.

[This message has been edited by winki (edited 12-11-2000).]
 #20 
Old 2000-12-12, 02:48
Jimmy Ledford Jimmy Ledford is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

K-9
As Mr.Crowley said, "Do what thy will!" Yes? I love women as I love my coffee;cold and bitter. I am yours.
 #21 
Old 2000-12-12, 20:14
k9girrl k9girrl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Thanks girls, Hey! Great lines, you write better than I in wonderful floating style. I had supposed there was perhaps 200 people on TOTSE. So then why were half a dozen of us doing most of the talk? I want to "draw out" numerous opinions, not just hear myself yap.
Jimmy I am not cold and bitter, I am VERY warm and totally bonkers. I'm not into S&M, rather creative tri-sex relations.
So I like dogs - I take my Paganism seriously.
 #22 
Old 2000-12-13, 15:06
Rob Rob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Actually, I find dogs a bit passe. Sheep are good, though. If you find a cliff edge, they push back harder. Go out early, though, or all the attractive ones will have been taken.
 #23 
Old 2000-12-13, 18:10
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Don't you start too...
 #24 
Old 2000-12-13, 22:05
k9girrl k9girrl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Rob, I don't tease you about YOUR hobbies! Now if you're going to be mean I'll have to sit on your face. Remember Cyrano de Bergerac and his famous nose? Here let me show you....
 #25 
Old 2000-12-14, 00:36
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

now that's the kind of threat i like from a woman.

"if you don't watch out i'll sit on your face"

i would repeatedly commit the crime to enjoy the punishment.
 #26 
Old 2000-12-14, 09:44
Rob Rob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Well. Yes, Thats kind of the idea, I think....
 #27 
Old 2000-12-15, 02:40
slipgut slipgut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

bingo~now that's talent taking an erotic story whatever and makin it sound poetic. good job

and as for you jimmy~get a life fool she wants me not you:P
 #28 
Old 2000-12-17, 02:10
Jimmy Ledford Jimmy Ledford is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

k-9,
Want to play literary carnival? Sit on my face and I'll guess your weight and favorite genre'.
 #29 
Old 2000-12-17, 19:06
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

*folds Jimmy in half and sticks him in a burlap bag* *hangs the bag from the ceiling and gives everyone a stick*

Look everyone! An idiot pinata!

*WHACK*
 #30 
Old 2000-12-19, 20:36
Bingo! Bingo! is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Let me in on some of that whack action, too!!! WHACK, WHACK, WHACKity WHACK - Whoa, watch yourself there!

Ahhh - that was satisfying. . .
 #31 
Old 2000-12-19, 20:42
Bingo! Bingo! is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Thanks for the compliment Slipgut - was kinda scary exposing myself like that! Hmmm. . .if you think that's good you should see my poetry in action (wink, wink!!!!)
 #32 
Old 2000-12-20, 01:33
slipgut slipgut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

hmmmmmmmm.......

is that some sort of proposal?

if it is,
maybe someother time.
 #33 
Old 2000-12-20, 01:42
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

can i take few shots at ledford.

**whack, whack**

stalker

**whack, whack**
 #34 
Old 2000-12-20, 03:52
k9girrl k9girrl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Guys, don't fight there's lots to go around!
Now since I could get only one other female to post lines, how about a couple of paragraphs from one of you men?
 #35 
Old 2000-12-20, 07:50
Bingo! Bingo! is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

I wouldn't quite call it a proposal - it was more a way to slip myself some self-praise!!! I'm great at tooting my own horn (no pun intended!!!)
 #36 
Old 2000-12-20, 19:05
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

If I can ever write something like this and actually feel like it's good, as opposed to some lame attempt to create the picture of two people getting it on with some pretty words, I will. Don't count on it happening, though.. I can barely think up anything remotely good enough to try writing on my own, much less for public perusal.

Who's fighting? It's only a fight if the guy in the bag can swing back.

*whacks Jimmy one more time for good measure*
 #37 
Old 2000-12-22, 03:36
k9girrl k9girrl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Well, guys with ladders and raincoats DO make me nervous...
So the vote count still is for vag.and oral sex. I think I can handle that- now will that be separate orders or in teams?
 #38 
Old 2000-12-23, 01:57
Jimmy Ledford Jimmy Ledford is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

K-9 Hey is that you or the burlap? Make mine a team latte, to go. The pinanata, the pinanata, aqui esta.
 #39 
Old 2000-12-24, 07:34
Bingo! Bingo! is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Oh is that what you wanted to know in the first place, K9G! Somehow I missed that - anyway if you're asking about fantasies and such shouldn't the question be what scenario as opposed to what action? Seems like we all like the same thing - lets see if the're a difference in "how" we like it to happen.

So - I'll start with mine:
What secretly turns me on is power play - like I'm a student being seduced by a professor or an innocent being talked into sex by her brothers friend. . . etc

What about y'all?
 #40 
Old 2000-12-24, 18:12
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

I like romantic shit. Probably because I never get a chance to do it, but, whatever. Either that, or straight-to-the-point stuff, like two people see each other and it's like, that's enough, we're fucking. Call me biased (because, admittedly, I completely suck at it), but stories of people flirting, playing games, slow seduction.. it's probably popular with others, but for me, blah.

Oh yeah, the more chicks, the better. Guys are optional.
 #41 
Old 2000-12-26, 02:45
Jimmy Ledford Jimmy Ledford is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Spiffy,
That's called being subtle. I agree it's the moments that provide the opportunity for serendipity to happen and knocks your socks off. It might be the way a thin gold ear ring brings your attention to her neck, where thin whispers of her hair lead your eyes to the brown/white contrast line from tanning to... or how a secret address or phone number she whispers wet and thickly in your ear makes your grasp crack the plastic cup of Merlot in your hand and turn, too staggered..falling, realizing my God, I haven't even touched,kissed her yet...what will, I mean when we do...is there anyone who doesn't know that ache that hurts so sweetly!?
 #42 
Old 2000-12-26, 03:57
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

I hate that feeling. I can totally get into the subtle stuff if it's with someone that I'm with, that I know, but with that stranger across the room.. I don't like to flirt. It's a waste of time, since it usually goes nowhere, and slowly. Now, if I look and see some girl looking back, and it's clear what we're both thinking.. that's different. (Getting a phone number whispered in your ear is NOT subtle, either.)

Maybe it'd be different if I drank, since I usually hear about those things happening at bars, clubs, parties, etc. But, I don't. Oh well.
 #43 
Old 2000-12-26, 06:44
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Erotica Is Foreplay. Sexual intercorse is Porn, plain and simple. Nothing to debate about it.

However there seems to be something abstruse about Erotica for you all. So I'll elaborate. Take the movie 9 1/2 weeks. That is Erotica, the foreplay is what makes it true Erotica. Now on the other hand Debbie does Dallas thats porn. The raw sexual acts makes it so.

Erotica stops when penetration starts. Then its Ass slapping, Hair pulling, Toe curling sex.

Ain
Life is Hard, Get a Helmet

[This message has been edited by Ain (edited 12-26-2000).]
 #44 
Old 2000-12-26, 17:14
Jimmy Ledford Jimmy Ledford is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Ain, points well made! Erotica is those time stopping moments while anticipation exceeds realization..but for me and others I've read,there are people and times when realization becomes far more than anticipation...and you're forgetting those golden moments of afterglow,the synergestic effect of anticipation,realization and far exceeded expectations.
Spiffy, I think it's subtle when you get an UNEXPECTED whisper in you ear or number slipped to you, with total clarity achieved between two people in less than a moment..but I love to live in hope of the possibilities.
 #45 
Old 2000-12-27, 00:22
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

A complete stranger walks up to you without you seeing her, whispers her phone number, gives you a wink when you look, and walks out the door. Granted, it's not dragging you outside and fucking you on the sidewalk. In a way, though, she just said that's what she wants to do later- or, at the least, that's what she wants you to think. That's subtlety?
 #46 
Old 2001-01-02, 10:03
Rob Rob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy McBang:
A complete stranger walks up to you without you seeing her, whispers her phone number, gives you a wink when you look, and walks out the door. Granted, it's not dragging you outside and fucking you on the sidewalk. In a way, though, she just said that's what she wants to do later- or, at the least, that's what she wants you to think. That's subtlety?

No Spiffy, That's FANTASY!!!!!!!

 #47 
Old 2001-01-02, 21:34
k9girrl k9girrl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

I started this Forum as a writing guide to TOTSE Erotic library. Since half-past November I have had great difficulty raising that section. Have you guys registered for Chat? Scroll channels to find SEX on the JAVA screen. WHHEeee last one in's a rotten egg! I may be there Wed. or Thurs. late afternoon or early evening according to time zones in central USA.
 #48 
Old 2001-01-03, 09:53
Rob Rob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

I'd love to K9, but my browser won't allow me to subscribe to chat, as it is a proxy gateway and is set up so as not to allow too much net time and positively to avoid chat!
Shame, as it would be a lot easier to post stuff 'live'!
 #49 
Old 2001-01-04, 20:14
joranax joranax is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

sorry about the Dissapearance ladies and gents Ive been... busy hmm Il have to check that out K9
 #50 
Old 2001-01-05, 11:40
m1066ad m1066ad is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

Ooops! Wrong room. I thought this was a literary discussion, and I was going to toss in references to Ovid, and Sappho, et al.
 #51 
Old 2001-01-05, 13:08
Rob Rob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

By all means do! Just because we have wandered off the track a little doesn't mean we won't come back!
 #52 
Old 2001-01-05, 23:03
k9girrl k9girrl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

(CAMOFLAGE NIGHTGOWN & SUNGLASSES)

Well we all survived New Years I see. We were still trying to determine what turns your cranks. So what is Erotica...or is it too personal like when the Deity drops acid and sees people?
 #53 
Old 2001-01-10, 08:55
BlakndVoodoo BlakndVoodoo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Erotic Writers

alright i had way too much time on my hands and read all these posts for shits and giggles...some of you peaple have smoked way too much crack although all i have to say that erotica is something to read to intrigue yourself and put you in whomever the stories about shoes...to let you do things (imaginitively) that you possibly cant do. porn on the other hand is plain and simple jerk off material.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics