About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-02-01, 19:58
Concealed Carrier Concealed Carrier is offline
Regular
 
Default Headed to the Hospital

I've got to go to my transplant center for a 8 month checkup (oil change, sparkplugs, wiper blades etc ) for my lung transplant. Headed to the airport now and expect to get back sometime next week.

Wish me luck!

cc
 #2 
Old 2003-02-01, 19:59
wenerjar wenerjar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

be back quickly
 #3 
Old 2003-02-01, 20:01
Deathrow588 Deathrow588 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

Good luck pal.
 #4 
Old 2003-02-01, 20:59
KottonMouthKing KottonMouthKing is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

Good luck. Tell the pilot not to pull a "Columbia"
 #5 
Old 2003-02-01, 22:02
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

good luck.
 #6 
Old 2003-02-01, 22:06
Regular
 
Date Registered Nov 2002
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

good luck. cant really think of much else to say.

EDIT:

is the smilie face icon really appropriate, most people i know dont like hospitals ( i havent been in one for 15 years and 346 days so i dont know)?!?!

[This message has been edited by alex_uk (edited 02-01-2003).]
 #7 
Old 2003-02-01, 22:38
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

Have a safe trip, CC.
 #8 
Old 2003-02-01, 22:46
XXXTREME XXXTREME is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

Good luck man.
 #9 
Old 2003-02-01, 22:48
ClydeR ClydeR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

Best wishes, maintain your good health, immune system in balance and so on. I imagine that you know what to do and it sounds like you have been doing very well
 #10 
Old 2003-02-09, 23:43
Concealed Carrier Concealed Carrier is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

I'm back!

They gave me 6 months to live ...............................just kidding .

Actually we were all pretty much stunned at how well I'm doing. My lung function is higher than ever and my oxygen saturation is perfect. I'll just continue to take care of myself (eat right, stay out of smokey bars...better make that stay out of bars period, get lots of exercise, etc.) and they'll continue to monitor me for acute and chronic transplant rejection. Otherwise I should be OK for a few more years at least.

Thanks for all your good wishes,

cc
 #11 
Old 2003-02-10, 00:01
XXXTREME XXXTREME is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

Glad to hear it, and welcome back.
 #12 
Old 2003-02-10, 01:00
Phlab Phlab is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

Welcome back... How about a big strong hug?

*POP* *POP*

... Just kidding
 #13 
Old 2003-02-10, 02:51
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

Concealed Carrier do you worry about lead exposure and the air quality when at the shooting range?

I suppose you would favor outdoor ranges or indoor ranges with superior ventalation?
 #14 
Old 2003-02-10, 02:53
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

Concealed Carrier If you don't mind me asking, what happened which caused you to have the transplant?
 #15 
Old 2003-02-10, 02:54
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

OTHERWISE WELCOME BACK!!!

Don't ask me why this took three seperate posts =/
 #16 
Old 2003-02-10, 03:05
Concealed Carrier Concealed Carrier is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

quote:
Originally posted by I Love Poop:
[b]Concealed Carrier do you worry about lead exposure and the air quality when at the shooting range?

I suppose you would favor outdoor ranges or indoor ranges with superior ventalation?[/B]


Yep, I do worry. That's why I go to outdoor ranges exclusively (just not exclusive outdoor ranges ) I also wear a surgical mask when its crowded or on days when the air is very calm.

quote:
Concealed Carrier If you don't mind me asking, what happened which caused you to have the transplant?


I have a genetic protein deficiency (edit: the name is "Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency")that caused severe emphysema...progressive and irreversible. Next month will be 9 years since I was diagnosed and watched my entire life fall apart. Now, in the space of just a few months everything has turned around. It actually appears that my continued positive attitude has paid off.

BTW, did I ever show you a picture of my gf?

Thanks for the return welcome. Its nice to be back. (?)

cc

[This message has been edited by Concealed Carrier (edited 02-10-2003).]
 #17 
Old 2003-02-10, 03:09
Solid_Snake8801 Solid_Snake8801 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

Glad that you're back and well for now, and good luck for whatever happens in the future
 #18 
Old 2003-02-10, 03:16
Obelisk1125 Obelisk1125 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Headed to the Hospital

Good luck.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics