About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-02-01, 00:28
hostage_in_my_life hostage_in_my_life is offline
Regular
 
Default what are you

if you are still at school what group do u best fift in with. preppy, skater, stoner, geek/nerd, loner, loser, there are probbally more so add them if you want. this is a mircale post for those who read my posts. im actually using punctuation.
 #2 
Old 2003-02-01, 00:30
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: what are you

I don't give myself a lable, I leave it to other people do decide "what" I am.
 #3 
Old 2003-02-01, 00:33
bangbangbooty bangbangbooty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

quote:
Originally posted by hostage_in_my_life:
im actually using punctuation.


Next to work on is capitalisation of letters at the commencement of a sentence. However your doing well so far.

As for the question, i don't go to school and i dont stereotype myself in to a category. Actually i dont think there is one for me.

Edit: Damn you Zok, you posted while i was typing and make me look like a copying idiot...Thanks alot MATE

[This message has been edited by bangbangbooty (edited 02-01-2003).]
 #4 
Old 2003-02-01, 00:39
lookimacat lookimacat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

quote:
Originally posted by Zok:
I don't give myself a lable, I leave it to other people do decide "what" I am.


amen!
 #5 
Old 2003-02-01, 00:48
ebeneezer goode ebeneezer goode is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

i'm a wage slave
 #6 
Old 2003-02-01, 00:52
hostage_in_my_life hostage_in_my_life is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

Ok so for those of you who dont sterotype your self new question. What do other people sterostype you as if your know. ha ha im using capitlization (sp)
 #7 
Old 2003-02-01, 01:01
Sagewisher3 Sagewisher3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

A label is meant for categorization; skaters like to skateboard (ect.) Casting, or whatever you want to call it, is meant to reveal the people with similar interests. Also, asking people if they�re from the �loser� group maybe a tad biased, dipshit. The oozing of the conditioned responses your post elicited are because of things like you using �loser� as the name of a group. The stereotypes used in high school (probbally middle school though in your case) are for people to easily distinguish groups of friends by their common interests such as stoner and skater; things the members of the clique are stereotypically proud of.
 #8 
Old 2003-02-01, 01:02
Regular
 
Date Registered Nov 2002
Default Re: what are you

people call me a mosher though i resent this statement, i do not waer baggies and a limp bizkit oodie. my music is punk and ska oriented and my dress sense is fairly ordianry. regualr jeans, t-shirt and coat kinda thing.
 #9 
Old 2003-02-01, 01:06
sharpasattack sharpasattack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

they can't classify me. they've tried, but they can't.

i hang out with skaters, but i dont skate.

i hang out with the druggies, but i don't do drugs.

sometimes i dress preppy, sometimes i dress like a punk though.

i hang out with a lot of asian kids (we call them the asian invasion) but i'm not asian.

i used to be a geek/nerd, but then i had a mental breakdown and starting attacking all the kids who had beat me down daily through elementary school, so most people respect me and don't make fun of me anymore.

my grades range from A to D.

i guess that makes me a loser.

most consider me to be the class clown i guess, so that sort of sets me apart. i'm always doing stuff to get some laughs. i keep teachers on their toes. some respect that, some don't. i have friends, but most of them are pretty dumb. they're fun to hang out with, but i really don't care what they think. whatever. (sorry for the bio)
 #10 
Old 2003-02-01, 01:24
Concealed Carrier Concealed Carrier is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

Deleted

cc

edit: I just read the part about being in school. I finished school before most of your parents had met, so........nevermind.

[This message has been edited by Concealed Carrier (edited 02-01-2003).]
 #11 
Old 2003-02-01, 01:42
Quantized Quantized is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

my friends and i were despised by the popular and unpopular alike.
 #12 
Old 2003-02-01, 01:48
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

quote:
Originally posted by hostage_in_my_life:
im actually using punctuation.


That's a good start skippy. Keep going in the direction of correct English and ol' Nox will classify you as educated.

Nox
 #13 
Old 2003-02-01, 02:55
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

quote:
Originally posted by sharpasattack:
they can't classify me. they've tried, but they can't.

i hang out with skaters, but i dont skate.

i hang out with the druggies, but i don't do drugs.

sometimes i dress preppy, sometimes i dress like a punk though.

i hang out with a lot of asian kids (we call them the asian invasion) but i'm not asian.

i used to be a geek/nerd, but then i had a mental breakdown and starting attacking all the kids who had beat me down daily through elementary school, so most people respect me and don't make fun of me anymore.

my grades range from A to D.

i guess that makes me a loser.

most consider me to be the class clown i guess, so that sort of sets me apart. i'm always doing stuff to get some laughs. i keep teachers on their toes. some respect that, some don't. i have friends, but most of them are pretty dumb. they're fun to hang out with, but i really don't care what they think. whatever. (sorry for the bio)



So you're the typical "I surf groups" person.
 #14 
Old 2003-02-01, 03:19
Regular
 
If she's easy, take'r twice.
Default Re: what are you

i guess im a stoner, but theres so few people in our school (like 200) groups tend to mix a bit. there are 2 distinct groups, preps and everyone else. everyone else is outpopulated by preps and jocks. so thats about it. and the preps just piss you off sooooo fuckin much...
 #15 
Old 2003-02-01, 03:46
Schwabe The Zer0 Schwabe The Zer0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

Im the goth who hates the other goths (and most preps/skaters/ etc) ...sits alone for days on end, gets bored, gets a new game. geek. gets bored. makes friends with random people who sterotypically he should hate even more than most of the people around him

oh well...Im just generally unfriendly
 #16 
Old 2003-02-01, 04:09
KungFuJim KungFuJim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

At my school theres mostly rednecks and preps but I'm one stoners but theres only like 10
 #17 
Old 2003-02-01, 06:40
Certijal Certijal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

The freak.
 #18 
Old 2003-02-01, 07:13
janey_is_rotten janey_is_rotten is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

I used to be the stoner kid, (I didn't want to fit in with them, because I look at them and shake my head) but I'm too good at school work at the same time, making me a square too.

I used to wag all the time and steal things, but I've never been charged, preventing me from being officially a 'naughty' kid, (to be in the group, they make all the kids do something and get charged to get 'in', they were all losers too).

I never fit in real well, making me a loser, although all the boys used to like me cos I'm blonde, blue eyed, good at sport, smart, etc. The girls hated me because they were all jealous.

I wear a lot of black. Mum used to dress me in alot of black when I was younger, then I started dressing in colour. I dress in mainly black, grey, purple, red, blue and have dyed black hair these days. I don't want to be a goth, whatever they are. No offence to anyone, but they preach about how they are such individuals, when really they dress the same as many angsty teens across the world. That's why I also dress in dark sport/surfy clothes, but I dress kinda trendy sometimes, but not directly 'fashionable' as they say.

I'm one of them people I doubt you can put a label on, as you can't put more than one label on a jam jar huh?? I guess I'm just an outsider. Hmm, I can live with that.

Steph.
 #19 
Old 2003-02-01, 07:17
hostage_in_my_life hostage_in_my_life is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

Well since you probably have noticed I didn�t post what group I fit under. The group I fit in is the loser/stoner. I know it's kind of a weird combo but it works for me. O yeah and Nox put me on the educated list now that its punctuated, capitalized, and spelt right.
 #20 
Old 2003-02-01, 07:31
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

I don't really fit in anywhere. I'm sort of one of the punker/hardcore kids in my school, but the other punker/hardcore kids hate me because I'm both anti-straight edge and clean at the same time. I like art rock and obscure alternative stuff like that, but those kids hate me too because I'm not (as) pretentious. The skate-punks hate me because I listen to stuff thats more hardcore and more underground (I'm not saying that to seem cool. It's true. Folly and T(I)NC, my two favorite currently existing bands are both relatively unknown compared to Brand New and A Simple Plan) than the stuff they listen to. The rest of the school hates me because though I try to be nice and get people to like me, I have one of those faces that either makes people feel sorry for me (and they assosciate that with me being a, and I quote, "depressed loser") or intimidates them, and thus, they instinctively despise me.

[This message has been edited by jack's missing mind (edited 02-01-2003).]
 #21 
Old 2003-02-01, 07:38
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: what are you

Back in highschool, I was an asian guy. Incidentally, I still am.
 #22 
Old 2003-02-01, 07:40
Iscariot Iscariot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

We had this topic just a while ago.
I m the Elitist Asshole.
 #23 
Old 2003-02-01, 08:35
corruption corruption is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

quote:
Originally posted by hostage_in_my_life:
im actually using punctuation.


Now it's time to learn to use apostrophes.
 #24 
Old 2003-02-01, 10:15
bribble13 bribble13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: what are you

i'm an arrogant preppy fuck that plays hackey and dresses tidy on occasion and boringly normal(i'm the only one who does) on occasion and sometimes i'm surfy type aswell. i go to weddings and do respectable stuff but if i really want to i oculd the asshole of the world and fuck everybody off. i just choose not to most of the itme.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics