About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-20, 01:12
corruption corruption is offline
Regular
 
Default concussion?

I was snowboarding today, and I fell pretty bad on my head. I was wearing a helmet, but I still saw a bright orange flash, and it was very painful. Afterward, I could not focus my eyes well at all. If I really concentrated, they would focus, but not as well as they normally did. It sort of looked like there was a flashing in my left eye that I could not pinpoint. The pain continued the whole day, yet my eyes could focus again after about 45 minutes. Later on in the day, my left hand went numb. (I hit the right side of my head.) Usually it goes numb because of the coldness, but it was not cold at all. Soon after that my left lip went numb also. They both got the feeling back later though.

I was wondering if I had a concussion or not. Also, do you think it would be a good idea to play in a soccer game tommorow.

Thanks
 #2 
Old 2002-12-20, 01:22
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: concussion?

Concussion, most likely.
Soccer game, nope.
Doctor yep.
Blurred vision and stuff going numb after a head injury are usually bad things. It wouldn't hurt to get checked out.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-20, 01:23
nastradamnus nastradamnus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: concussion?

You definately have some sort of concussion, just hold a cold beer against I recomend a hieneken. and uh avoid drifting off!
 #4 
Old 2002-12-20, 01:25
nastradamnus nastradamnus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: concussion?

hey rlpinca your a mod from nm where you at, I'm in alb! whats up wanna go grab a burrito some time!
 #5 
Old 2002-12-20, 01:29
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: concussion?

Clovis. I go to albuquerque about once a month or so. I'm planning on maybe moving up there in a few years. Are you old enough to get a beer to go with that burrito?
 #6 
Old 2002-12-20, 01:33
Certijal Certijal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: concussion?

Doctors are your friends, see them.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-20, 01:38
nastradamnus nastradamnus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: concussion?

I'm the heineken king what do you think. E-mail me off this i'll keep in touch. I go drinking all the time! And I'm not a violent drunk.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-20, 16:53
Obelisk1125 Obelisk1125 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: concussion?

You should see some kind of doctor as soon as you can. And if you fall asleep with a concussion you might not wake up again.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-20, 17:51
nastradamnus nastradamnus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: concussion?

Go see doctor luv! he's the best. He even lets you rub his love wand if your a rainbow...I heard, I'm going to get another beer!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics