About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 2 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-12-19, 03:19
phreejimmy phreejimmy is offline
Regular
 
Default You know what? School Sucks.

Anyone else think so? I personally love the idea of free information/education, but I think that somewhere along the way it got really fucked up. Well in America. Actually I wouldn't know about anywhere else other than Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. Maybe my school just sucks...
 #2 
Old 2002-12-19, 03:26
Bomber69 Bomber69 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

I believe this belongs in the Bitch and Moan category, but I do agree with you on this matter. The Public school system continualy takes each one of us and molds us to the person above us. Keeping the Dumb People Below and the Smart People above.

edit- spelling...

[This message has been edited by Bomber69 (edited 12-19-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-12-19, 04:09
phreejimmy phreejimmy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

Oh shit, I didn't even know there was a Bitch and Moan section, I only ever goto this section and BLTC. Anyways, school just doesn;t make any sense. I score wonderfully on the standardised tests but I dont do as well as my test scores would make you think. You see: 1. I hate homework 2. I cant take school seriously (I can take everything else sersiously, school just seems so unefficient) 3. Lots of this shit they're "teaching" us wont ever help most of us in our future careers. I was going to write more but I am really tired and cannot fall to sleep so I am a little disoriented. Good night.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-19, 04:24
Certijal Certijal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

I think a 'Learn what you want' school system would be best.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-19, 09:25
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

quote:
Originally posted by phreejimmy:
(I can take everything else sersiously, school just seems so unefficient)


Maybe some of that English homework might have done you some good.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-19, 10:12
phreejimmy phreejimmy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

Hahaha. You are so witty TigerJK!
Sarcasm aside, I have been sick with the flu or something for the last few days and I havent been sleeping well so my post my not have been spelled correctly. I'm sorry TigerJK. Anyway, if I gave a damn, I could of used a spell checker.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-19, 11:22
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

Hey, you must be the first person to ever think of that!

No-one likes being told what to do.
Its instinct to want to be in control, but we strive to push on as the leaders of the world..

*tears of pride*
 #8 
Old 2002-12-19, 14:06
0 0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

Wake up from sleep
Go to school
Cheat on test/exam
Bring homework back
Do you homework
Go to Sleep
Wake up from sleep
Go to school
Cheat on test/exam
Bring homework back
Do you homework
Go to Sleep

"The good old days"
 #9 
Old 2002-12-19, 21:55
LCDforMe LCDforMe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

the good old days??? i am going through this shit right now. It diminishes any hope of success because all the teachers do is yell at me.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-19, 22:10
nastradamnus nastradamnus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

I hated high school, but love collage. Go figure we actually want to learn when we get to go learn what we're intressted in. School is cool however highschool and below is much more like a free daycare for parents that has books! No offence to anyone in highschool or lower we were all there......I hope!
 #11 
Old 2002-12-19, 22:15
phreejimmy phreejimmy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

See but to get into a good college, you have to do good in high school, which is bullshit.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-19, 22:16
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

the only thing in school im interested in is chemistry
 #13 
Old 2002-12-19, 22:49
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

quote:
Originally posted by phreejimmy:
Hahaha. You are so witty TigerJK!
Sarcasm aside, I have been sick with the flu or something for the last few days and I havent been sleeping well so my post my not have been spelled correctly. I'm sorry TigerJK. Anyway, if I gave a damn, I could of used a spell checker.



Sorry to hear about your flu.
I apologise for assuming too much, but read a few more of the posts around here, and you'll find there are people that don't share your love of free education. Or any education, for that matter.

And yes, Deep down in my heart I know there has to be a better way of educating people.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-19, 22:51
0 0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

quote:
Originally posted by phreejimmy:
See but to get into a good college, you have to do good in high school, which is bullshit.


Just chill, no need to stress out. Now, I am in University, it is much harder then HS but I am still chilling. Remember, when you parents said cheating was "wrong", they were lying. I always found cheating, a very useful tool.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-19, 22:54
-=reaper=- -=reaper=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

I'm gonna have to agree with 'O' on this one. School is just so tediously repetative nowadays. It's really depressing. I go to a private school and the school fee is like $3-4000 a year, you'd think that would be enough to cover everything over the schooling year but apparently not. Those greedy fuckers. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that we get this kind of a post every other day, and it usually pisses me off when everything starts to repeat its self, but I really have no problem when I hear how many other people share my hate for the schooling system, world-wide. Fuck em.
 #16 
Old 2002-12-19, 23:04
nastradamnus nastradamnus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

Cool, thats why we have free forums like mad scientests to educate us, for free! Knowledge is only power when applied. I thought I needed a degree to get some where just show your brilliance and someone will take care of you, you will get somewhere. I promise!
 #17 
Old 2002-12-20, 03:32
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

What will he discover next? That water is "wet"? That fire is "hot"?
 #18 
Old 2002-12-20, 03:38
xXDH2KXx xXDH2KXx is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

SCHOOL DOES SUCK, IM IN THE 9TH GRADE, cant take it....The only reason i go to school is to keep my mom from getting pissed and the girls.
 #19 
Old 2002-12-20, 05:06
kwikfish21 kwikfish21 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

Im a junior in high school, and for me school is just a place to toke and get weed.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-20, 05:21
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

quote:
Originally posted by phreejimmy:
Oh shit, I didn't even know there was a Bitch and Moan section, I only ever goto this section and BLTC. Anyways, school just doesn;t make any sense. I score wonderfully on the standardised tests but I dont do as well as my test scores would make you think. You see: 1. I hate homework 2. I cant take school seriously (I can take everything else sersiously, school just seems so unefficient) 3. Lots of this shit they're "teaching" us wont ever help most of us in our future careers. I was going to write more but I am really tired and cannot fall to sleep so I am a little disoriented. Good night.


the facts may be useless, but that's not the point. they're teaching you how to THINK for yourself. that's the whole point of school. they don't actually start teaching you useful things until college/university.
 #21 
Old 2002-12-20, 12:56
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

I miss school
 #22 
Old 2002-12-20, 13:36
MagKnightX MagKnightX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

I'm too lazy to read the rest of the replies, so I'll just put my own and possibly repeat what has been said:

School sucks, yes. It is the same boring monotony day in and day out. School will always be the same boring monotony day in and day out, as it always was.

Life sucks. Day in, day out, the same boring routine. Over and over and over. For the rest of your life.

Work will suck. Even worse. Because it is the same year after year, not even becoming more advanced. Day after day, week after week, year after year, for a few decades.

Unemployment sucks, because you don't even have any money to do anything. And it's still the same routine, day after day, etc.

Retirement sucks, because you have already done everything worth doing, and you don't receive a good amount of money. And you're too old and weak to do anything really fun.

Enjoy it while you can.
 #23 
Old 2002-12-20, 14:35
afi_rule afi_rule is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

I think school sucks old man titties!
Every student in every class is taught in the same way: -

Students walk into the classroom sit down in their seat,
Take out their pencil case and work book,
The teacher will start to talk to the class with occasional scribbles on the bored,
The students have to copy it down (sometimes answer some questions on the subject),
The students are then expected to remember it forever after such a short period of time!

What the schools don�t take into consideration is the way that each student learns. Each student learns in a different way, I know that because I am someone who suffers from the school system. I learn by writing something over and over till it is stored in my head, I know some people who learn things just by reading them once and I know others who have to record it and play it over and over again. (I am not saying that me and my friends study really hard after lessons what we do is we buy these study books before our exams and learn it all and get good marks but that�s not the point)

Schools also [try to] teach us that we are individuals and that every one is unique (bullshit), but when it comes to teaching students then they assume we are the same.

There must be a better way of teaching students.
 #24 
Old 2002-12-20, 15:20
Cyne-Eyed Cyne-Eyed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

quote:
Originally posted by frontalobe:
I miss school


You know what. Its true. I'm in my last year, and I agree with all the previous posts, because lets face it the education system sucks ass.
But in a few monthes time I'm going to leave there and I know that things are never going to be as good as that again.
There has got to be no other place like that on Earth. Anyone agree with me?
 #25 
Old 2002-12-20, 15:23
Obelisk1125 Obelisk1125 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: You know what? School Sucks.

1-School would be interesting for the most part if starting at about Jr. High you could get some freedom in picking your own classes.
2-The school system favors some kinds of students over others(no shit). Those kinds of students that are able to memorize many fact out of a book perfectly will usually always to much better on tests than another student that has trouble memorizing those kinds of facts but is able to apply concepts easier.

Our schooling system would be much better off if these two things were changed.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics