About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-17, 19:27
Regular
 
Default Bank

I want to own my own bank because that where most of the money goes.

I tried looking up banks sales on google
and most of them are in foriegn countries and also told me the laws regulating the sales of banks.

I dont want to own a foriegn bank, I want to own a bank you see at the end of your street or the one you see in the downtown area of your city.

I also didnt understand the legal speak so I was wondering if anyone here can give some advice or can tell me about some legal specialists who is knowedgable in such matters who doenst charge large fees for their services. I dont know what the professional would be called. Mabye an accountant but I doubt that what it is.




[This message has been edited by gombowlzombie (edited 12-17-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-12-17, 19:40
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bank

You wouldn't survive...Its a capitalist market...You got the monopolys going on...You cant compete with big business.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-17, 20:59
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Bank

It would take more money than most people earn in their entire lifetime.

Not to mention you have to have no soul whatsoever. How else could you stand to forclose on someone's house or commit such other evils which is where the money is made.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-17, 21:08
Regular
 
Default Re: Bank

quote:
Originally posted by Agent Boris_KGB:
You wouldn't survive...Its a capitalist market...You got the monopolys going on...You cant compete with big business.


Bullshit. I know what it takes to make a bank sucessful. Prompt service, availiabilty
(which means being availible in more then one location and being open later then other banks.) and low interest rates for loans.


Besides, I dont want you saying I wont survive. If you dont have an answer or advice for what I want, then dont give me your negativity.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-17, 21:16
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bank

Gee someone is bitchy today.That is my opinion and you did happen to post this on a open board...If you didn't want my opinion you shouldn't have posted it in the first place...
 #6 
Old 2002-12-17, 22:49
Evolved Evolved is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bank

This is why we should have a finance forum...

This is just a guess, but your best bet could be to buy a franchise from a large bank organisation. This would be very expensive, but you would have the reputation and help in running your bank from an experienced company.

As I said though, this is just a guess. I'm not sure if banks operate like this.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-17, 23:30
0 0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bank

quote:
Originally posted by gombowlzombie:
Bullshit. I know what it takes to make a bank sucessful.


What about the expenses? [Rent, papers, utilities, electricity, employees, insurance, security, loans, debts, credits, patent]

What are you going to name your bank? I hope not "gombow-bank". No one goes to unknown banks, plus banks work with the Economic treasury; do you even know what it is !

Suggestion: keep delivering pizza



[This message has been edited by 0 (edited 12-17-2002).]
 #8 
Old 2002-12-17, 23:39
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Bank

www.ingdirect.com
 #9 
Old 2002-12-18, 06:29
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Bank

Im gonna rob your bank
 #10 
Old 2002-12-18, 11:35
enterprise1701_d enterprise1701_d is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bank

quote:
Originally posted by ComradeAsh:
Im gonna rob your bank


I need money... can I come rob his bank too?
 #11 
Old 2002-12-18, 12:54
Regular
 
Default Re: Bank

quote:
Originally posted by ComradeAsh:
Im gonna rob your bank


I believe in carrying arms. I would make sure my tellers do the same.

[This message has been edited by gombowlzombie (edited 12-18-2002).]
 #12 
Old 2002-12-18, 15:37
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Bank

Why risk a firefight as long as you have the manditory fedral insurance (forgot acronym, FDIC?) that protects each account for up to $110,000.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-18, 15:58
nastradamnus nastradamnus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bank

I want in on the robbing of his bank. I can make bombs and draw blueprints. and its illegal for his tellers to have guns unless he's in Texas or Arizona!
 #14 
Old 2002-12-18, 17:52
illprophet illprophet is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Bank

quote:
Originally posted by Evolved:
This is why we should have a finance forum...

This is just a guess, but your best bet could be to buy a franchise from a large bank organisation. This would be very expensive, but you would have the reputation and help in running your bank from an experienced company.

As I said though, this is just a guess. I'm not sure if banks operate like this.



Yes i wish we did have an finance forum, i want to start a clothing line company an i have not a clue on how to get it started. So i was wondering how many of yall own your on business an how did you go about doing so, any advice would be appreciated.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-18, 18:38
Regular
 
Default Re: Bank

quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:
Why risk a firefight as long as you have the manditory fedral insurance (forgot acronym, FDIC?) that protects each account for up to $110,000.


Its not for the sake of the money. IF the bank gets robbed, it will get robed. The tellers be armed for their own sake in case they have a robber who wants to kill people for the hell of it and takes the money.
 #16 
Old 2002-12-18, 18:41
Regular
 
Default Re: Bank

quote:
Originally posted by illprophet:
Yes i wish we did have an finance forum, i want to start a clothing line company an i have not a clue on how to get it started. So i was wondering how many of yall own your on business an how did you go about doing so, any advice would be appreciated.



I asked about it and the mods told me this is as good of a finance forum as you going to get.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics