About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-17, 09:02
Social Parasite Social Parasite is offline
Regular
 
Default Drinking Age!

Does anyone else think the drinking age is bullshit? You can own a gun, die in a war, but god forbid you drink a beer. This to me is a just another move towards a republic. This is totally unconstitutional! The war on fun continues! God forbid you have fun, you might enjoy yourself! Sign a petition against the 21 law. http://www.petitiononline.com/AD793/petition.html

[This message has been edited by Social Parasite (edited 12-17-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-12-17, 10:26
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Drinking Age!

Hehehehe, silly americans...sucks to be you
 #3 
Old 2002-12-17, 10:37
Evolved Evolved is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drinking Age!

Why let the law stop you? It's not as though drugs are legal but are still easy to locate and use...

Not sure on how strict your laws are, but in Australia it's very easy to get away with drinking underage. Most parents I know buy alcohol for the kids when they are 14-15+ for parties ect. I always had to find the older friends to get mine...

Granted, it is bullshit that you can't legally drink till your 21, but what do I care? I'm 19 and already legal in Australia.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!

Sucks to be you...
 #4 
Old 2002-12-17, 10:44
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drinking Age!

Ppfff I could enter any liquor store and buy any kind of booze when I was 13. It was illegal, but no one gave a flying fuck about it. I could also enter freely clubs. Now that It's legal for me enter, I don't go anymore. Nightlife sucks. It was only fun when it was forbidden. All you ravers and your laser shows are idiotoc.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-17, 14:22
Deaf-Strokane Deaf-Strokane is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drinking Age!

yup, ravers suck...
 #6 
Old 2002-12-17, 14:48
0 0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drinking Age!

quote:
Originally posted by Social Parasite:
[B]Sign a petition against the 21 law.
[B]


Hahahahahahahahahaahhaahhah
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehhe
Hohohohohoohohohoohhohohoho

 #7 
Old 2002-12-17, 15:33
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drinking Age!

The law has driven a bunch of pissed off people to do something about it. If you don't like the drinking age laws, you can always visit shadowcrew.com. Signing petitions doesn't get shit done, but you can get a novelty ID and be drinking in a few days.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-17, 18:55
Certijal Certijal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drinking Age!

I've never had a problem getting drinks at any age. When I was 15 in Australia, I got drinks, no problem. When I was 16 in DC, still, no problem. I don't think many people respect the laws. They are just there to make the country look caring and mature to other countries.

I don't think there should be a legal drinking age but people under 10 shouldn't get drunk. Well, I don't really care, get drunk when you want, just don't get caught.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-17, 18:58
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Drinking Age!

I can safely say I have never been drunk!

(dude, I had 8 double shots of jack daniels in under 30 min and was perfectly fine)

Besides, its costly to get a 6'4" 200lb person drunk
 #10 
Old 2002-12-17, 19:07
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drinking Age!

HEY!! Lets form a Rebellion like the Wiskey(sp) Rebellion!!!! I'll be waiting in Africa for you..
 #11 
Old 2002-12-17, 22:36
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Drinking Age!

NO! The drinking age is fine where it is. What should be lowerd is the voting age. Kids are more politically aware earlier than ever, lower the voting age!
 #12 
Old 2002-12-17, 22:53
Evolved Evolved is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drinking Age!

quote:
Originally posted by ComradeAsh:


(dude, I had 8 double shots of jack daniels in under 30 min and was perfectly fine)




I never believe this kinda thing till I see it. If you really have a problem getting drunk, try Grappa. Something like 80% alcohol. I've seen a guy that was probably about your size passed out with vomit all over the bathroom floor once at a party. This was drinking Grappa.

The funny thing was that he was into all this Viking shit and told me he had prayed to Odin to help him have a good night of drinking.

WELL WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW BITCH!
 #13 
Old 2002-12-17, 23:09
chiqutia chiqutia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drinking Age!

Where I live drinking age is 18. So I've got no complaints! *sips wine* muwahaha.

But I agree 21 is bullshit. You can die for your country but you can't drink? wtf?!
 #14 
Old 2002-12-18, 04:49
Social Parasite Social Parasite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drinking Age!

quote:
Originally posted by Evolved:
[B]Why let the law stop you? It's not as though drugs are legal but are still easy to locate and use...
B]


I don't let the law stop me. I still drink, because "my law" says I can. I just think it ridiculous I can't walk into a store and buy a beer. I can own a gun, go to prison, get killed for the government. As usual the majority, the youth is getting bent over and fucked.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-18, 04:52
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Drinking Age!

Xenobite, it's pffft.
 #16 
Old 2002-12-18, 05:18
Kiafi Kiafi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drinking Age!

The legal age for drinking changed from 18 to 21 not because of the government wanting to keeping us from having fun, but because raising the drinking age is a quick fix to solve drunk driving accidents across the united states. (Keep in mind, our driving age is 16, which is rediculous to other countries, who even out the required ages 18-18)

If our driving age was 18, so would our drinking age. Besides, underage drinking is such a commonly accepted national pastime that it doesnt matter that we cant LEGALLY buy it till we're 21. It's simple social Darwinism: If you can find a way to afford and buy/steal booze before you turn 21, then you obviously deserve it. If every idiot could buy booze under 21, then every idiot would. Its a tradeoff. Deal with it. Everyone has to, and no 2000 signature booze-requesting petition will do any fucking good.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-18, 06:24
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Drinking Age!

quote:
Originally posted by Evolved:
I never believe this kinda thing till I see it. If you really have a problem getting drunk, try Grappa. Something like 80% alcohol. I've seen a guy that was probably about your size passed out with vomit all over the bathroom floor once at a party. This was drinking Grappa.

The funny thing was that he was into all this Viking shit and told me he had prayed to Odin to help him have a good night of drinking.

WELL WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW BITCH!



Was he Swedish? cos if he isnt swedish hes not allowed to go doing the swedish viking thing!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics