About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:37
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Victorians...

...as in people living in the state of Victoria, Australia.

VCE results are out.

Anybody like to share?

Or am I the only one here?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:44
ebeneezer goode ebeneezer goode is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Victorians...

what's a VCE?
 #3 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:44
eskyhead eskyhead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Victorians...

yer I'm in Victoria ( Geelong ) but a long time outta school
 #4 
Old 2002-12-17, 10:39
SwampThing SwampThing is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Victorians...

whoops meant 2 edit but replyed instead. sorry bout that
 #5 
Old 2002-12-17, 10:41
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Victorians...

quote:
Originally posted by SwampThing:
No offence to you Eskyhead, but every Victorian i've met has been thoroughly up themselves.


Well, thats justifiable...are you from NSW, TAS, SA, QLD, WA, NT or the ACT? cos if you are we're aloud to be rude to you.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-17, 10:43
Evolved Evolved is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Victorians...

VCE results don't mean shit...

Basically they tell you how many hours of study and class time you have put in during the year. Most uni courses can still be achieved with a low score...it's just means you have to take a different path to get there.

Of course, i'm a little biased, only getting a score of 53.5 last year, but then again I almost failed from my poor attendence rate. It's almost a curse having house close to the high school...very tempting and accessible for a group of friends to ditch school and go get stoned.

In conclusion, I just want to state a lot of people I know who could have got in the high 90's didn't because they didn't do shit at school. But to me they are smart at real life situations (how to communicate with people, ect). You can study all the text books you want, but personality and experience will always win out.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-17, 18:48
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Victorians...

quote:
Originally posted by Evolved:
VCE results don't mean shit...

Basically they tell you how many hours of study and class time you have put in during the year. Most uni courses can still be achieved with a low score...it's just means you have to take a different path to get there.

Of course, i'm a little biased, only getting a score of 53.5 last year, but then again I almost failed from my poor attendence rate. It's almost a curse having house close to the high school...very tempting and accessible for a group of friends to ditch school and go get stoned.

In conclusion, I just want to state a lot of people I know who could have got in the high 90's didn't because they didn't do shit at school. But to me they are smart at real life situations (how to communicate with people, ect). You can study all the text books you want, but personality and experience will always win out.



no, you just suck
 #8 
Old 2002-12-17, 22:38
SwampThing SwampThing is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Victorians...

My apologies to all present for my previous posts, I was drunk.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-17, 22:54
Evolved Evolved is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Victorians...

quote:
Originally posted by ComradeAsh:
no, you just suck


Nope. VCE results don't mean shit...
 #10 
Old 2002-12-18, 06:30
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: Victorians...

They don't mean shit to you.

They would mean something to admissions officers of certain universities.

If these universities don't mean shit to you either, then it's all good.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-18, 06:38
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Victorians...

*mentions hobos and garbos*
 #12 
Old 2002-12-18, 07:04
Regular
 
Default Re: Victorians...

meh, i live in QLD im going to gr10 next year, happy happy happy. not really but i reckon , if ur OP(what us QLDers call it) is high enuff for the course u need to enter then everything will be fine. and yes if u dont care then u prolly suck
 #13 
Old 2002-12-18, 07:21
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Victorians...

heheh, OP is stupid, your in year 10 next year too?

 #14 
Old 2002-12-18, 11:11
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: Victorians...

quote:
Originally posted by ComradeAsh:
*mentions hobos and garbos*


*Politically corrects them to
Disadvantaged persons with no fixed address
and
Garbological Engineer*
 #15 
Old 2002-12-18, 18:25
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Victorians...

I thought it was sanitary technician
 #16 
Old 2002-12-18, 23:01
Evolved Evolved is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Victorians...

What i'm trying to say is that there are other ways to get into Uni courses ect, despite what score you get.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-19, 01:48
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: Victorians...

quote:
Originally posted by ComradeAsh:
I thought it was sanitary technician


No, that would be a toilet cleaner.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-19, 04:17
XIPHER XIPHER is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Victorians...

quote:
Originally posted by Evolved.
VCE results don't mean shit.


if you plan on doing tertiary sutdies at TAFE rather than at University, or no futher study at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Evolved.
Most uni courses can still be achieved with a low score...it's just means you have to take a different path to get there


yes, but that path involves additional study/cetificates.

i wanna be a petrolium injection specialist (AKA a gas monkey )
 #19 
Old 2002-12-19, 04:44
stormybaka stormybaka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Victorians...

TAFE is a good option, but I think uni has better recognition though. That's why I will be attending Wollongong uni next year. Unless I am in Melbourne.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-19, 05:44
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Victorians...

Wollongong *laughs and falls over*

Well, if your a hot chica, you can always try your luck in St Kilda...

I go to st kilda most days ! (school, lol)

what are the politically correct terms for Pimp/Hookers?

 #21 
Old 2002-12-19, 09:19
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: Victorians...

quote:
Originally posted by ComradeAsh:
what are the politically correct terms for Pimp/Hookers?


Adult industry-related administration staff?

And I have the nagging feeling the word 'logistics' should be in there somewhere as well.

[This message has been edited by TigerJK (edited 12-19-2002).]
 #22 
Old 2002-12-19, 09:40
janey_rotted janey_rotted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Victorians...

Hmmm....with this year's VCE examinations, a lot of people cheated.....that's fucked, a lot of people study shit loads to get decent results.

Just on those idiots getting caught, shows how stupid they really are. (I'm just picturing a Britney wanna-be sitting in front of the test sheets, twirling their hair, not even able to read the questions in front of them, pathedic). I say, if ya gonna do something bad, be good at it.

Janey_rotted
 #23 
Old 2002-12-19, 09:50
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Victorians...

I just noticed theres a LOT of new aussies around here now
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics