About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-16, 00:33
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Opinions Needed...

Ok,I want to get one of the following items...

Coat#1

Coat#2

Coat#1 I can get for 50 plus 10 ship and it looks cooler and comes with a belt

But Coat#2 I can get for 30-50 and 5 ship It dosnt look as cool but comes with a hat and alot of cool medals...

I need your vote on which to get....And I need them in the next 24-48 hours....Thank you for your time...
 #2 
Old 2002-12-16, 00:53
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

I like Coat #2 better. It seems more generic, more recognizeable as a Russian officer's coat. Has more feeling.

Plus the hat is good for those cold Rusky nights.

[This message has been edited by xenosss (edited 12-16-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-12-16, 00:55
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

I say go with neither, because now everybody who was looking for a coat and does not mind bidding on ebay just bid on it, thus making you pay more. If you are going to post something that you were thinking of getting I suggest you do not post the ebay link, instead just a picture and a price.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-16, 00:56
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

I talked to the guy outside of ebay...Thus I am the only buyer...

 #5 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:35
hype_jv hype_jv is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

i would pick the second coat.

btw: does anyone know where i could get a nazi coat from ww2.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:54
wes_park wes_park is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

i think hell would have a few.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-16, 02:05
Mista Piccolo Mista Piccolo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

Free one-way, non-stop tickets to hell! Step right up! Place all your belongings onto the *ahem* conveyor belt before passing through please! There ya go, go on through...

*BLAM!*

Foo.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-16, 02:18
Regular
 
Mission Viejo CA USA
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

#2
 #9 
Old 2002-12-16, 02:30
muswik_lost muswik_lost is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

If you wanted to look really Russian, I'd go for the 2nd coat, because coat 1 is really just like a normal coat, and it kind of looks a bit stupid...but I really like dark clothes, so I'd probably look around a bit more, (but I probably wouldn't bother, so these are cool) but it depends what kind of colours you like. Even though I don't really like the 1st coat, I like it's dark colour, and people couldn't see you as easily in the night because of it's dark colour. But coat #1 doesn't look as warm as coat #, because coat #2 looks as if it has a wool blend or something. so if you're in a cold climate, I'd get coat #2.

On second looks, I actually like coat number 2 better, even though it's colour's a bit light.

yeah, get #2!!! Very cool. Coat #1, isn't even an option, unless you want to buy both, and then I'd...bye both. But definately buy coat #2 first. That's one shiny buttonned coat!

#2

toe, speaker
 #10 
Old 2002-12-16, 04:01
SwampThing SwampThing is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

quote:
Originally posted by hype_jv:
i would pick the second coat.

btw: does anyone know where i could get a nazi coat from ww2.



My uncle's a bit of a collector, he has a couple of officer jackets and a luger, and on special occasions he flies the nazi flag in my grandparents yard.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-16, 04:19
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

Halloween's over man. If you still want to play dress up, then coat 2 looks better.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-16, 04:30
johnny_3087 johnny_3087 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

quote:
Originally posted by Mista Piccolo:
Free one-way, non-stop tickets to hell! Step right up! Place all your belongings onto the *ahem* conveyor belt before passing through please! There ya go, go on through...

*BLAM!*

Foo.



lol. It would just be dandy for anybody to take a trip to hell, huh?

 #13 
Old 2002-12-16, 07:18
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

2nd one
 #14 
Old 2002-12-16, 09:17
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

OK a am gonna stick with the 2nd one for the next 24 hours...
 #15 
Old 2002-12-16, 09:25
muswik_lost muswik_lost is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

good choice...it didn't really strike me as the best one at first, but it's really grown on me since then. yeah, definately the 2nd one!

lol about that hell thing guys!


toe, speaker
 #16 
Old 2002-12-16, 18:43
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

The 2nd one comes with a hat

WWII Nazi officers coats are the kewlest coats ever...but I really want one of those russia hats walking around with a lil red star on my hat...kewl
 #17 
Old 2002-12-16, 19:29
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

The first coat is the one they wear in Goldeneye isn't it?
 #18 
Old 2002-12-16, 19:52
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

I have 3 hats...A nice grey rabbit fur one a black one(the same kind putin wears) and a cheap grey one that is like the one in the picture...I dont need any more hats...But as for the first jacket being in goldeneye....Yes it is the same...
 #19 
Old 2002-12-16, 21:56
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

Do you really want all these preppster doofusses giving you advice on wardrobe?
 #20 
Old 2002-12-16, 23:39
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

See your local recruiter and get your own.

Nox
 #21 
Old 2002-12-16, 23:43
eXtacy eXtacy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

#2

THE HAT!
 #22 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:32
ebeneezer goode ebeneezer goode is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

they both look like something worn by a bad bond villain.
other than that, #2
 #23 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:45
Dougy Dougy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

id say get coat 1 , that one is badass
 #24 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:52
draggo draggo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

I like war and army memorabilia, I would go for coat two for the extras(pins, medals, The hat!) There both really cool though.
 #25 
Old 2002-12-17, 00:58
C4era C4era is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Opinions Needed...

Apparently the bidding for #1 is closed so I'd go for #2.. was gonna say #2 in the first place so... *awwes at 2nd coat*

How long does it take to make an Ebay account and start bidding for random stuff??

he he he j/k

I already have an account!

I'm fine with mass produced things that are still in circulation like the stuff at www.gadgetuniverse.com

They have a 2.1 Megapixel camera the size of your dam palm! Too bad you need more then 2.1 to read writing on papers though... *Sighs and patiently waits for a 4 megapixel palm camera*

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics