About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - pages 2, 3 of its original capture were never archived, so some posts from those pages are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-12-15, 23:26
sharpandreckless sharpandreckless is offline
Regular
 
Default Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

Has anybody else got that thing where the door to the room they're in, even if they're not doing anything private, absolutely HAS to be closed? Like you complain when somebody walks out and doesn't totally shut the door?
 #2 
Old 2002-12-15, 23:32
CDG CDG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

yes.....but i just like my privacy
 #3 
Old 2002-12-16, 00:43
Regular
 
Mission Viejo CA USA
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

yea, i always close the doors and get pissed when people dont close them all the way
 #4 
Old 2002-12-16, 00:43
Regular
 
Mission Viejo CA USA
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

i usually lock them also
 #5 
Old 2002-12-16, 00:53
SlutPrincess SlutPrincess is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

Yea, my parents get totally pissed.
But then again, I have slight Obsessive compulsive disorder. it varies in the amount of annoance it has for me day to day.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:05
sharpandreckless sharpandreckless is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

Ah, I do have brothers out there. Speaking of which, has anybody got any seriously whack stories of obsessive-compulsiveness?
 #7 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:10
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

my ex had to park at the same place in the mall parking lot every time we went there, even if we had to walk the whole way to the other end of the mall. she even tried to insist that i park there when i drove her. you crazy fuckers are annoying. how do they cure you, nowadays?
 #8 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:17
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

you can't. [well, depending on the severity of it.]

when i tap my friend i have to do it on the other side. or when i move i have to do it on the opposite side.

she says she feels "unbalanced" when i don't.


years ago i used to close one eye when looking through a window [and there's usually an imperfection on the window that'll "move" when you do this]
i liked playing with these.
in a car i would have the spot "jump" something...
i don't do it anymore...
and i don't miss doing it.


my great-something [who is very old.]
will BANG on the front door with her walker, even if it's closed, to "make sure" it's locked.

my uncle had to get up 5 times to put her back to bed. [thank god she didn't stay with us.]
 #9 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:20
Certijal Certijal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

I close and lock my door, its just a habit. I don't worry much if its open or if someone doesn't close it when they leave but if someone opens the door without knocking, then I'll get pissed.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:36
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

what about the people that have to have the volume on things at a certain level/number? i am chap stick obsessed now. i can't leave the house without it.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:41
wes_park wes_park is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

i've got this thing were i'm addicted to eyedrops. ya know the clear eyes brand.

i also can't function with an open door, be it my bedroom or classroom. i can't even get to sleep with my closet door open.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:47
midas_the_happy_canadian midas_the_happy_canadian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

I bought a lock for my door when my sister walked in on me beatin' it to some hardcore porn.

--- ---
 #13 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:49
muswik_lost muswik_lost is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

yeah, I totally know what you guys mean. My friends bag me out about it all the time, meaning no harm, of course. When I'm sitting in a particular hallway, I have to have particular doors closed, but it's not really a compulsive thing for me (well it's starting to become one) but rather that I absolutely loathe the light. yeah, I totally hate being in light places...must block the light. That's not gothic or anything...my friends call me a bat sometimes, or close doors on behalf of me, but hey, it's a necessity people!

does anyone else here have a thing about light?


ooch, toe - speaker

[This message has been edited by muswik_lost (edited 12-16-2002).]
 #14 
Old 2002-12-16, 04:18
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

quote:
i've got this thing were i'm addicted to eyedrops. ya know the clear eyes brand.

ah! my friend BUGS OUT about his eyes...
well, only when high.


light? other than it gives me headaches a-mok lately, no.

ooch, toe - speaker?
 #15 
Old 2002-12-16, 04:42
Doofnoil Doofnoil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

dude, light sucks...i prefer night or an overcast day. it just gets all hot and wierd...overcourse i'm sheet white
 #16 
Old 2002-12-16, 05:04
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

If I leave the door open, it's okay. If someone opens the door and doesn't close it when they leave, I get upset. If they just "pull it to", I go fucking postal.

I used to imagine that the car was jumping along, and it had to jump over any telephone poles or intersections. Minorly obsessive? Sure.

Some days I swear I can hear the 60Hz buzz of electricity flowing around me. I can hear a TV/CRT buzzing from several rooms away.

Have you ever listened to the inverter on an Indiglo watch?
 #17 
Old 2002-12-16, 05:08
bongathon bongathon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

I have ocd, just like amishman said i feel things have to always be balanced, for example if i touch something i will touch it with the other hand. I also spin around before i got to bed once and then i spin once when i get up. sometimes i will be walking down the street and i will step on a crack or rock and then i will go back and step on it with the other hand. things like this have been goin on for about 9 years im 16 now and i feel that if i dont do them bad things will happen. ive been diagnosed with light ocd and im supposeded to be on celexa and welbutrin but i dont take it because it would interfere with the illicit drugs i use. so in conclusion ocd sucks and is an annoyance but it does not affect my daily life.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-16, 05:19
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

quote:
Originally posted by CRaZyAmishMaN:

years ago i used to close one eye when looking through a window [and there's usually an imperfection on the window that'll "move" when you do this]
i liked playing with these.
in a car i would have the spot "jump" something...
i don't do it anymore...
and i don't miss doing it.



I used to do the EXCACT same thing... plus i would pretend I was cutting through or blowing things up when the car passed stuff... like bridges and other cars and telephone poles.

I don't do it anymore either... but I have this black speck on my eyeball that moves when I move my eyes so I could do it all the time if I wanted...
... oh I'm so excited.



[This message has been edited by govinda (edited 12-16-2002).]
 #19 
Old 2002-12-16, 07:20
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

I just don't feel right if my room door isn't closed. And I'm a bit of a control freak. Plus little things will drive me nuts if they aren't a certain way. For example if the lecturer is cleaning the whiteboard and misses a spot that spot will just drive me crazy even though it's no big deal at all. Why won't it fucking disappear!?
 #20 
Old 2002-12-16, 08:22
SwampThing SwampThing is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

I'm sure my aunt has some sort of obsessive compulsive condition with cleanliness. Whenever her kids enter the house she washes their feet and the soles of their shoes in lemon juice, and she makes them take a bath/shower 3 times a day. One time while having dinner there every few minutes shed get up from the table and meticulously clean and polish the handles of the fridge.
Do any of these habits sound familiar as ocd?
 #21 
Old 2002-12-16, 08:23
SwampThing SwampThing is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

I'm sure my aunt has some sort of obsessive compulsive condition with cleanliness. Whenever her kids enter the house she washes their feet and the soles of their shoes in lemon juice, and she makes them take a bath/shower 3 times a day. One time while having dinner there every few minutes she'd get up from the table and meticulously clean and polish the handles of the fridge.
Do any of these habits sound familiar as ocd?
 #22 
Old 2002-12-16, 09:22
muswik_lost muswik_lost is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

quote:
Originally posted by ThetaReactor:
I used to imagine that the car was jumping along, and it had to jump over any telephone poles or intersections. Minorly obsessive? Sure.


yeah man, I don't quite get what you're saying, but I reckon I do something like that. You know those reflector poles on the side of the road, well there are almost parallel ones on the opposite side of the road, so just when the car's in between the two poles, then I lightly touch my tongue with my teeth on one side of my mouth, and then I do the same for the other side of my mouth for the next reflector pole thingy....

Can you imagine how irritating it gets for me on, just say, a four hour trip?! man, that really sucks. is that kind of what you're talking about, except with telephone poles and stuff?

toe, speaker
 #23 
Old 2002-12-16, 13:21
stormybaka stormybaka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

I keep the door shut and don't really mind, if they don't shut it as long as they remember to knock before they enter. As for compulsions we all have them. I am sure I have plenty I am unaware of. I seem to use numbers and need everything organised. Like the volume can't be 9; it has to be 10, it can be 5, 10, 15 or any even number. Never thought of that till then.
 #24 
Old 2002-12-16, 14:24
sx183 sx183 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

somebody please help me evercome this FUCKIN OCD coz next week i goona kill myself. i cannot take this shit anymore

please
 #25 
Old 2002-12-16, 15:40
Regular
 
Date Registered Nov 2002
Default Re: Obsessive compulsive close-the-fucking-door disorder

i absouloutley flip out if my bedroom door isn't closed even if im just on my ps2 or something. its just a thing i have and if i caome home and my mum has left my door open i get v. angry
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics