About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-15, 05:38
muffin_man muffin_man is offline
Regular
 
Default i think im addicted to stealing

okay, here's the deal. i think i'm addicted to stealing. it's not that i steal because i want/need the stuff. i steal if i think i can and only if there is a risk involved. originally i did it with the intent of telling the stores about the security gap but then i found out that i could get in trouble for that (even if i returned the stuff). i've tried to stop but anytime that i see a hole in security i have to do it or i will go nuts! i know it's not a subconcious thing. i dunno, it soundslike a joke but it isn't.
is there anyway that i can do my original idea about telling the stores?

thanks in advance,
MM
 #2 
Old 2002-12-15, 05:43
Sagewisher Sagewisher is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

what is the $ value of the things you steal? I have a friend who steals the long, icecream spoons from Friendly's.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-15, 05:44
CDG CDG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

Many hackers hack because they want to help the people they attack, you steal because you want to help the store. You both get in trouble for what you do. Is society fair? NO. but dude, i dont think you need any help, you will just grow out of it, but then again....when you steal that huge ass 3000 dollar item and get caught, its not so fun in jail.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-15, 05:52
muffin_man muffin_man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

quote:
Originally posted by CDG:
Many hackers hack because they want to help the people they attack, you steal because you want to help the store. You both get in trouble for what you do. Is society fair? NO. but dude, i dont think you need any help, you will just grow out of it, but then again....when you steal that huge ass 3000 dollar item and get caught, its not so fun in jail.


yeah, my friends hack and they use me for the social engeneering (physical location stuff) because i'm just good at it. i think one of the more bold things i've done was enter a car in broad daylight and leave a note saying that they should lock their doors. i do the same with bikes @ school (leaving notes) it's just too inticing.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-15, 06:14
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

In otherwords you're a cleptomaniac.

Get some therapy.

It might help?
They do have treatments for people like you.

It'll be ok
 #6 
Old 2002-12-15, 06:31
ytrewq ytrewq is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

If you really don't care about keeping the stuff you steal, then here's what you do. First, steal the stuff and leave the store. Find a nearby trashcan, but one that is not in front of the store you stole from (might be cameras watching). Place the stolen items into a plastic shopping bag and seal it up good. Place the bag into the trash and find a payphone. Call the store, tell them you stole their stuff and exactly how you did it. You also tell them exactly where they can get their stuff back.

This is an awful lot of work on your part, but if you feel guilty for your compulsive stealing it's worth it.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-15, 10:08
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

Steal from large faceless corporations, best if they are pure evil (think Walmart). I certianly would have no guilt about that.

If you do want to stop, see a shrink. Dr.-patient confidentiality prevents you from being turned in.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-15, 14:10
frontalobe frontalobe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

Youll most probably stop when you get caught.
everyone gets caught!!
This is so true.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-15, 14:33
janus janus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:
Steal from large faceless corporations, best if they are pure evil (think Walmart). I certianly would have no guilt about that.




Yeah hes right, steal from the Rich, They deserve to be stolen off. If you dont need the items that you steal, sell them and then give the money to charity, people who are homeless, or anouther cause you think is good. You will be doing some good for the world.

Good Luck in your Crimes

Oh and by the way if you are good at stealling and other crimes, could you post some tips on breaking and entering or email to me please? you interested me by saying how you can see a gap in their security.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-15, 16:46
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

Ya, I had my brush with stealing, but I wanted the stuff I stole, I stole books (sorta geeky aint it) because when I was in the group home we only had basic cable and everything on TV was crappy and I needed something to do so I read like mad, I read more books in the 4 weeks I was there then I did in my whole life time.

Anyways back with the stealing, I stole, The first 5 times worked out fine. But on the sixth time I got greedys and stole a extra book (I would normal place the book on the inside sleave of my right hand in my super baggy sweater that I always wear. But I guess I couldent hold the book right with my left hand and the dude noticed. skipping ahead, nothing happened they called my group home. then I was on my way.

The funny thing was before I stole the extra book I already went outside and I stuck the book inside my binder in my backpack, so after the whole thing I still got off with a 6th book which lasted me untell I got out of the group home.

-Damn im good^^
 #11 
Old 2002-12-15, 17:37
Sivvy Sivvy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

i got addicted too those many years ago. it got personal "they're trying to charge me $6 for this shit!? assholes." and yes, i quit when i got busted. now, because im on probabtion (and my age) stealing just isnt worth it for what i would have to do if i got... you know, the evil word: 'busted'. keep the shit you steal to a minimum $ muffin, the store has to press charges if its over a set amount. hopefully, when you get busted, the store wont prosecute but it'll still shake you up enough to quit.

FYI fred meyers limit is $50 before they call the pigs.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-15, 17:51
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

I know how u feel muffin.
Its a chalenge, a way to be sure of yourself but in the end when ur sitting in a sell or paying a fine 10X more ten the value of wut u stole ull regret it.
I never got caught. and somehow i reduced my shoplifting only to things i dont need.
Also helps if u got a high paying job.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-15, 19:08
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

Stealing long spoons from friendlys? Your not stealing when its free. I've stolen Jewelry before. haha Sue me.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-16, 03:35
sharpandreckless sharpandreckless is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

Just for everyone's future reference, it's called and spelled Kleptomania, victims are Kleptomaniacs, and I had a brush with it at the age of (no bullshit) 4.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-16, 04:14
bangbangbooty bangbangbooty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

Yo Muffin_Man

I will give you a $50 if you get me a better lap top!

Actually...

Dear Santa

Also for christmas i would like a-
Digital Camera
New police scanner
130cm Plasma TV
A PS2 and X-Box console
DVD Surround sound home entertainment package
Mobile Phone with color screen

Thankyou i will be looking forward to 25th December
 #16 
Old 2002-12-16, 04:53
muffin_man muffin_man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

i dont see myself stopping soon, i tried the other week but it is too intense. it's there own damn fault for not being secure. heh, i have a complete place setting from a resturaunt, that was interesting. i know i should stop but i dont think i can right now. i wonder if companies would hire me to show them there 'oops' areas? that would be awsome! like white hackers. anywho, thanks for all the advise so far.

chao for now,
MM

oh and janus, will do.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-16, 12:39
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

Muffin, you should just get a job in mall security. You would bust people all the time because you would know how to catch them. Make a good name for yourself and soon, you'll be running the place. This way you get the thrill of the hunt, and none of that illegal mumbo jumbo. Also it's better money than spending time in jail.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-16, 15:09
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

A guy I know used to work security at a Target. He would help all his buddies steal tons of shit.
 #19 
Old 2002-12-23, 20:55
Broken Pizza Broken Pizza is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

If u see something u can get for free,relatively easily and its something that appeals to you its obvious youll steal it. especially after you've already stolen something. the initial fear is gone. and all you see when u go into a mall is goods for the taking.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-23, 21:05
Regular
 
Default Re: i think im addicted to stealing

quote:
Originally posted by Canyonero:
Muffin, you should just get a job in mall security. You would bust people all the time because you would know how to catch them. Make a good name for yourself and soon, you'll be running the place. This way you get the thrill of the hunt, and none of that illegal mumbo jumbo. Also it's better money than spending time in jail.


Or go to las vegas and work for the gaming commission. What they do is figure out how to cheat the cansinos and then tell the casinos how such cheating can be done and what could be put in place to prevent such cheating.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics