About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-14, 20:06
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Snowboarding?

So who here snowboards? I live 30 min from a good mountain where I have my season pass thingy...I basically go there on friday afternoons to sunday mornings...I usually sleep in my car or if we sometimes take my friends truck and sleep in that...I have been boarding since I was like 7 or 8 and I got my first board when I was 10....I now have a Forum 154 JP...
 #2 
Old 2002-12-14, 23:08
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Snowboarding?

i've been boarding for only a year now, but this season i think im going to try a backflip. can anyone do this? is it as hard as its hyped up to be. i can do a gainer and a half on a diving board, and they say that in order to do a backflip on a board you need to be able to do a gainer. is it anything like a gainer?

oh yeah i have a lamar.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-14, 23:26
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Snowboarding?

I gota palmer board, and ever since I got it two years ago, Snowboarding has been kickass. I was born into a skiing family, and my uncle and brother call me knucle dragga' whenever I'm riding. I do like to ski though, I'm just better at skiing then at snowboarding. Its time for some new boots too. Is anybody inteterested in buying a pair of Burton Freestyle boots (Size 9 US)???? I'm selling htem via e-bay, let me know if your interested so I can hook you up.
 #4 
Old 2002-12-14, 23:53
easyrider easyrider is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Snowboarding?

i dont live near a good mountain.. just a shitty ass hill in the city. its okay i guess.. ive been snowboardin for 3 years and i got a Forum Destoryer
 #5 
Old 2002-12-15, 00:27
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Snowboarding?

two years, a little slope about ten minets away but at leasts they have lifts and its cheap.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-15, 03:18
Bomber69 Bomber69 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Snowboarding?

Ive been snowboarding for 7 yrs. Park City is my local mountain. I ride a Airwalk A1 with ride bindings.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-15, 03:20
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Snowboarding?

do the plastic snowboards you buy at walmart count? and on a hill in your back yarD? cuz if they do yup im a hard core snowboarder. lol
 #8 
Old 2002-12-15, 03:37
draggo draggo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Snowboarding?

I just started Snow boarding last year,went out twice. I'm really eager this year to get out but it hasn't Even snowed yet and i'm living in central b.c., Near prince george.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-15, 07:48
Regular
 
umm that place near that other place
Default Re: Snowboarding?

hmm kinda funny. my favorite thing to do is snowboard but i live 2 hours from shithills(as in city hills) and 6 hours from mountains. still i got a season pass for sunshine cuz my sis lives in banff. have rail setup in backyard but right now no snow.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-15, 08:12
ScreamOfDeath ScreamOfDeath is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Snowboarding?

I've been snowboarding for 5 years. The thing that gets to me most is people who say that they can do tricks off a jump, but can't go down a hill without falling on their ass.

Balance, balance, balance.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-15, 10:51
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Snowboarding?

I tried once, I fell on my ass so hard so many times. I think I will just stick to my secondhand skis thankyouverymuch.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-15, 12:06
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Snowboarding?

HEh. I didn't find it very hard to balance at first, sure I fell a couple times, but it was pretty easy to get the hang of. Skiing is much easier, because you are more sturdy.

IN Martial arts, a horse stance is used mainly in fighting, because in a fight you are usually on your side, facing the person. Picture this as skiing, because your feet have more freedom.

In Martial arts, we don't use a front stance much often, ecause you don't have balance from the sides.

Kindof a bad metaphor, but it works...

Is anyone interested in buying a pair of Burton Freestyle boots?!?!?! $50 on ebay
Let me know so I can hook you up!!!
 #13 
Old 2002-12-15, 23:33
Van-iLLer Van-iLLer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Snowboarding?

yeah kinda...

style / size??
 #14 
Old 2002-12-16, 00:57
sharpandreckless sharpandreckless is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Snowboarding?

Hey I've been skiing for a few years and have discovered, yes, it does suck about as much as they say it does. I'm gonna start boarding soon, any tips?
 #15 
Old 2002-12-16, 01:08
StonedPoet StonedPoet is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Snowboarding?

quote:
I'm gonna start boarding soon, any tips?


Laugh off the falls, don't kill yourself, and have fun.

I've been boarding three years, this year am getting a Ride board for Christmas.

It's about my favorite thing to do. I skateboard in the offseason, but I have been wanting to get back on the snow for sooooo long now.

We have shitty hills around here, but me and my friend can drive this season so are going to start going up to Michigan, and this summer we're headed out to Colorado for some real boarding.

I jump, but haven't done much with tricks yet. Almost pulled a 540 once. Fell on my ass pretty bad, busted up my knee. Haven't even tried a 180 since...

I always heard backflips were the easiest to pull... Any tips this season? I'm gonna learn them, am gonna make myself...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics