|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-12-14, 02:23
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
I was going to post this in BLTC, but I figured that I've suffered for my music; now it's your turn.
[As the subject line says...]
You better watch out, you better not fry Take too much and you know you might die. Santa Claus will ruin your high.
He's weighing a gram and checking it twice: Once he dealt toys; now he deals ice. Santa's got the best drugs in town.
He sees you when your tweaking, He knows when you are baked, He knows when your trip's bad or good: And he knows how much you take.
From little Quaaludes and Valiums To all that's based on opium; Everything to make your mind numb.
It's not meant to be earth shakingly great: I just jot down some s**t as it popped into my head on the bus this morning.
The fact that I had a Christmas tune going through my head at all is so abnormal;-)
{Sorry: didn't intend to post that link that was at the top; it kinda got sucked in when I cut and pasted the rest from spell checking}
[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 12-14-2002).]
|
|
#2
 2002-12-14, 02:42
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
I guess you don't intend to get rich writing songs.
Nox
|
|
#3
 2002-12-14, 02:50
|
Certijal 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
�Claps�
Its not amazing, but hey, it made me giggle.
(I hate that word)
|
|
#4
 2002-12-15, 16:35
|
Ironz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
These Are a Few of My Favorite Drugs (Sung to the tune of These Are a Few of My Favorite Things) by Jeff Hunter
Methadone, quaaludes, powder blue poppers, Acid taken in sheets and eye droppers, 200 proof liquids consumed in one glug, These are a few of my favorite drugs.
Ecstacy, mushrooms, and sweet little lab hits, Talking erections and six foot tall rabbits, Black shiny spiders and brain-burrowing bugs, Things that I see on my favorite drugs.
When the walls melt, When the tongue lolls, When I'm flying high...
I just take a few of my favorite drugs, And then I can geeeeeet by....
Composing poetry, making BBS posts, Ingesting new substances, don't overdose, Life support systems, don't pull out the plugs, When I've had more of my favorite drugs.
|
|
#5
 2002-12-15, 19:01
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
*Clap Clap Clap...*
|
|
#6
 2002-12-15, 19:17
|
dopeman420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
*claps*
sing along!
on the first day of christmas, my true love gave to me: a roach and a bag of KB!
|
|
#7
 2002-12-15, 22:26
|
SwampThing 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
Fetch the bong and fetch some iceblocks Then put pizza hut on the speed dial Close the windows and click the locks Now we'll get the lighter and wear a smile!
Get the deck chairs and go to the shed I'll get some snack foods and some coke Ring up Jeff and ring up Ted Because some weed we are, to, smooooooooke....
|
|
#8
 2002-12-16, 03:10
|
sharpandreckless 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
Hey, here's a classic:
Stoners live and stoners die In the end we all get high So if in life you don't suceed Fuck the world and smoke some weed
Yes, I know you've all heard this before, but it was worth mentioning. Btw, this isn't about skills, Nox, it's about parody. Still, not exactly a great pool of wisdom, eh.
|
|
#9
 2002-12-16, 04:56
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Facedown in the shag rug.
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
Inspiring. Truly great. Maybe I could slip it to some carolers.
How many of these kiddies of the DXM age know what Qualuudes are, though?
|
|
#10
 2002-12-16, 14:53
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
Ah yes; the term 'lude behavior 'had a different meaning 
|
|
#11
 2002-12-16, 19:00
|
frontalobe 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
/me wipes a tear from his eye
Nice to see the festive spirit entering the world of totse.
|
|
#12
 2002-12-16, 19:18
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
Just can't help it: Only 5 more days before I go pick up Alchemy; how can I be anything but? 
|
|
#13
 2002-12-16, 19:31
|
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
i've decided to wake and bake on my last 2 christmas mornings before i am an (legal)adult. i feel like such a loser not coming up with a song. merry christmas to everyone. hope you get a cute christmas card(crayola style) from your daughter meta  [This message has been edited by Cobranaut (edited 12-16-2002).]
|
|
#14
 2002-12-16, 19:44
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
Thanks.
Well, I've got a couple more songs I was going to post, from the Mad Mortician's Christmas Collection.
I thought about: Oakland Wonderland and Oakland Christmas [sung to White Christmas.
In fact, I think I will do the later one.
Here? or start a new thread? or take it to a different forum?
People? What say you?
|
|
#15
 2002-12-16, 20:43
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
But first�  Sung to the tune of �Silver Bells�: [Actually, it�s verse #3 in the Mad Mortician version; the first two being the regular verses of the song**] ------------------------------- Christmas bonus, extra time off; It�s a great time of year. As your Visa runs over its limit. Prices soaring, commercialism: This is Christmas today. And above all the bitching you hear� Spare some change [Spare some change] Spare some change [Spare some change]; It�s Christmas time in the inner city. Out of my face [Out of my face] Get out of my face [Get out of my face]; Why Don�t You Go Get a Job!------------------------------ **: I�m going to see if mp3.com will let me use that song [if it�s public domain, I think I�m ok] Or; for those who just can�t get enough of the Mad Morticians [and, yes, they exist; I just don�t know if any exist here ;-)], You too can own a copy of this wondrous CD. 10�s of them have been snatched up! Be the first [and only] on your block to have a copy of The Mad Mortician�s Christmas Collection. And if you act now you just might receive a copy of their new Christmas song Grinch me? Scrooge You!. Order now, operators are standing by [or was it Bi operators are standing?�Stand by an operator?�I know! Buy a operating standard!. No, that ain�t it neither.] The hell with it. If anyone really would care for a copy, I�ll make one for the price of a blank CDR and postage � or you can send a blank CDR and pre-posted thingy.
|
|
#16
 2002-12-16, 22:50
|
CRaZyAmishMaN 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
god knows i love being the one with odd music.
where can i get one of these soon-to-be hit cd's?
|
|
#17
 2002-12-17, 07:38
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
quote: Originally posted by CRaZyAmishMaN: god knows i love being the one with odd music.
where can i get one of these soon-to-be hit cd's?
Well my producer [heh], that is, my friend the recording engineer keeps all of my masters, graphic files etc. [for years I was totally careless and, well, sloppy; I tended to lose shit. He, on the other hand, is very anal about keeping such stuff together and neat and what not. So he has possession of all my stuff. Besides, it's easier when someone wants a copy of something: He already has everything he needs. He's on a cruise for a week though. I'm not total a incompetent boob ;-). I can - and would be more than happy to burn a copy of it from my copy. It just won't have the cover, label, notes, etc. Though I guess I can scan the notes, etc. Then if you like it enough, I can send the misc. stuff when he returns.. The best way would be to send me a pre-addressed, postage paid mailer [with a blank CDR - Naw, I think I can get them at work]. Hmm. How much would postage be on that, do you think? I ask because - and this is more proof that the impending Alchemy extravaganza has me giddy - if the price ain't too much, I'll send [i]absolutely free of charge [and even send the other stuff later. I'll even send a copy of the work in progress - since it was last years 'finished song. But you must act now: Operators are standing by...
|
|
#18
 2002-12-17, 18:41
|
|
Moderator
|
|
The fine line between genius and madness
|
|
Re: Sung to the Tune of: Santa Clause is Coming to Town
Crazy christmas music: Warm up your favorite peer to peer file sharing software, be it Morpheus, Kazaa, or whatever, and download "Burger King Christmas".
You can thank me after you stop laughing.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|