About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-13, 04:47
Regular
 
Downey California
Default DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

EARTHLINK DSL IS A FRAUD! A SHAM! A CHARLATAN! A THIEF! A Z3M!

I pay $49.95 a month for DSL and today I found out that I CANNOT network a second computer in my own home!

They have some software shit that won't allow me to do so if I don't:

1) Pay an ADDITIONAL $149.00 for EARTHLINK's own PC Router and networking card. REPEAT, I CANNOT USE MY OWN EQUIPMENT.

2) And an additional $9.95 just for the priveldge to have computers networked in my own home, with their heaven sent technology.

I was on hold for an hour and twelve minutes listening to tango, when 'Griffin' picks up. The bitch didn't even know this was Earthlink's policy! He was like, 'duh, yeah you can network your computers, I did it.' Talking to me as if I had no idea what I was talking about. Then he finds out that 'this obviously is a new policy'

Fuck you Earthlink. Eat it. I may have a one year contract, but you've given me a reason to live, a personal vendetta, and it's to expose why you suck.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-13, 04:51
Certijal Certijal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

I've never used Earthlink before but thanks for the warning.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-13, 04:55
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

See that Earthlink? The cancer spreads!
 #4 
Old 2002-12-13, 05:08
CDG CDG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

In other words they filter your internet connection at the server level? how can they afford to do this? well, thats just what i think they might be doing, but maybe much more. I dont see why you cant bypass this however, or at least get two computers to use earthlink dsl at the same time. You can perhaps use a winxp bridge with 2 network cards, or use your own modem totally. Then again, i have no clue about earthlink.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-13, 06:36
Gerin Gerin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

quote:
Originally posted by Lokil:
EARTHLINK DSL IS A FRAUD! A SHAM! A CHARLATAN! A THIEF! A Z3M!

I pay $49.95 a month for DSL and today I found out that I CANNOT network a second computer in my own home!

They have some software shit that won't allow me to do so if I don't:

1) Pay an ADDITIONAL $149.00 for EARTHLINK's own PC Router and networking card. REPEAT, I CANNOT USE MY OWN EQUIPMENT.

2) And an additional $9.95 just for the priveldge to have computers networked in my own home, with their heaven sent technology.

I was on hold for an hour and twelve minutes listening to tango, when 'Griffin' picks up. The bitch didn't even know this was Earthlink's policy! He was like, 'duh, yeah you can network your computers, I did it.' Talking to me as if I had no idea what I was talking about. Then he finds out that 'this obviously is a new policy'

Fuck you Earthlink. Eat it. I may have a one year contract, but you've given me a reason to live, a personal vendetta, and it's to expose why you suck.



man, you just gotta ease into a new system, that is wher you're correct. me personally? we bought a router and some kinda crazy hook-up so we manage three computers in one house. its a simple task bud. mmmm drugs...

and on the unrelated note: DSL backwards is the same as LSD
 #6 
Old 2002-12-13, 06:50
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

Sounds like Earthlink is an excellent place to test our Backyard Ballistics knowledge
 #7 
Old 2002-12-13, 08:38
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

Damn, and I thought "Con"cast sucked. They do, but my router is working just fine. Fuck Earthlink, their dial up service was for shit too. Thanks for the heads up, I will never spend a penny on them again with policies like that. Hopefully it will be a short year.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-13, 09:21
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

quote:
Originally posted by Gerin:
man, you just gotta ease into a new system, that is wher you're correct. me personally? we bought a router and some kinda crazy hook-up so we manage three computers in one house. its a simple task bud. mmmm drugs...

and on the unrelated note: DSL backwards is the same as LSD



I could use two modems but the system still logs me off. Off the first computer.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-13, 10:44
Mallute Mallute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

Thats weird, I use earth link and I have 3 comps networked and It costed me like 30 bucks....and I only pay $40.00 a month for it
 #10 
Old 2002-12-13, 13:01
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

I'm not positive about this, but when I was searching for a replacement for AOL after my free year was up I was informed that Earthlink was owned by AOL.

Kind of explains a lot about your situation.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-13, 15:10
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

A long time ago in a place far away I had earthlink DSL and it blew goats. Now I have AT&T broadband cable and it kicks ass. Reliable, fast, and they don't seem to give a fuck that I have like 5 computers on the connection.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-13, 15:59
metul metul is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

Thats what you guys get for signing a contract that you either did not read or sure as hell did not understand...have a nice year!
 #13 
Old 2002-12-13, 16:37
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

quote:
Originally posted by Lokil:
I could use two modems but the system still logs me off. Off the first computer.


How can two modems be used? I've got 6 computers on my DSL right now, behind one modem. Is your connection a static IP or pppoe? If its a pppoe connection, try connecting your modem to your hub's uplink port, and plug all the computers into the hubs port. Run pppoe connection software on each pc. Thats what I do, it kicks ass cause I get individual IPs for each pc. If that doesnt work, why don't you just go get a router? They're really cheap these days.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-13, 16:38
Affect Affect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

NAT, dude.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-13, 20:42
Das Troll Das Troll is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

earthlink DSL does in fact suck balls. i cant wait for my year to be up. i havent had a problem networking 2 or 3 comps up on the DSL though. i have had a SHIT LOAD of disconnects which makes me wanna toss this peice of shit out of the window. i cant wait till my contract is up so i can tell them to stick there DSL up there ass.
 #16 
Old 2002-12-13, 21:29
bribble13 bribble13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DEATH to EARTHLINK DSL

So wait, here i am on 50.6k(funny jap modem), dial up modem and you guys have a reason to bitch about your broadband?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics