About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-06, 16:04
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Inevitability..

Hm, so given that regardless of what weapons inspectors find, we "know" Saddaam is lying.. one wonders why we're even in this charade..

Is there any remote chance that the US is not going to go to war within a week? (the deadline for the inspections etc. is sunday)

Doesn't everything just seem ridiculously inevitable.. Do any of us have a choice about anything?.. I don't think so..

 #2 
Old 2002-12-06, 16:24
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

Its inevitable that military action will take place. Pretty sure of that.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-06, 16:32
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

does anyone else detect a strong odor of McCarthyism?
 #4 
Old 2002-12-06, 16:33
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

It's inevitable that xeno'll get high off mescaline like a fried chicken stuffed with chocolate ice cream dancing around witht a cowboy hat on, and make Z3m jealous. But you don't see that in the news, now do you?

Let's have a poll.

What would you rather see?

a) George Bush flaming Sadam on CNN

b) Me pulling off a dance with chocolate ice cram dripping from my ass while twirling around on my dick and all the colours like fusing with my ass...
 #5 
Old 2002-12-06, 16:40
chupe chupe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

As hard as I try, I just can't bring myself to care, and being active duty military, I'm one of the only people here who would actually be affected if we go to war. I really don't know why any of you care. Will war with Iraq actually affect any of you? In any way whatsoever? Will your daily routine be interrupted for even an instant?

I know the government's crooked and "all governments are lying cocksuckers" (Bill Hicks) but America is too fat and apathetic to do anything about it. And I live decently well, and I don't really give a shit about people who live halfway around the world. Shit happens, life sucks, etc.

As long as I get paid for fixing the planes that drop the bombs, I don't care.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-06, 16:59
sexual assault sexual assault is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

I'd like to see a little of column A with a little of column B, xenobite. Fuck the war, it's just a waste of time....let's get fucked up.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-06, 17:21
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

Saddam is lying to us. That is narrowed down, but their is more to it. He is lying to us to make us think one thing, when he is doing another behind our backs.
 #8 
Old 2002-12-07, 12:00
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

The would be a war with Iraq no matter what
If they found weapons all not, war.
Whatever Saddam did, if it didnt involve oil.... a war.
So with that said, I dont trust any shit that the American gov says. They want war, they will lie to get it. The government is run by people you know. People lie, people who want self gain, people who are idiots.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-07, 15:24
Doug-44 Doug-44 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

i love you wintermute, you so intellegent
 #10 
Old 2002-12-07, 15:53
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

quote:
Originally posted by Doug-44:
i love you wintermute, you so intellegent


Back off Doug, she's mine.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-07, 16:42
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

I think he was being sarcastic...
 #12 
Old 2002-12-07, 16:45
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

quote:
Originally posted by chupe:
As hard as I try, I just can't bring myself to care, and being active duty military, I'm one of the only people here who would actually be affected if we go to war. I really don't know why any of you care. Will war with Iraq actually affect any of you? In any way whatsoever? Will your daily routine be interrupted for even an instant?

I know the government's crooked and "all governments are lying cocksuckers" (Bill Hicks) but America is too fat and apathetic to do anything about it. And I live decently well, and I don't really give a shit about people who live halfway around the world. Shit happens, life sucks, etc.

As long as I get paid for fixing the planes that drop the bombs, I don't care.



I'd be affected because I most likely get drafted as cannon fodder.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-07, 16:55
ACER ACER is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

Its inevitable that well will wage war with Saddam; but this time I think we should really clean house instead of toying around like last time and knock this guy completely out of power...
 #14 
Old 2002-12-07, 17:33
Moderator
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

sounds odd, but I think that if nothing wrong happens, only a positive answer on Israel�s request for german NBC-Laboratory-Tanks and Patriot systems will give Bush the self confidence he needs to declare war without a reason.
 #15 
Old 2002-12-08, 17:19
Doug-44 Doug-44 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

oh i wasnt being sarcastic, sellout you and i can both have her...
 #16 
Old 2002-12-08, 17:47
chupe chupe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

quote:
Originally posted by gombowlzombie:
I'd be affected because I most likely get drafted as cannon fodder.


A draft? For Iraq? No.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-08, 18:14
Moderator
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

the only one on this board who might have a chance to have children with her is the one and only BSK. But that doesn�t include that I make them. Only one of my sperm may have the honour to enter her body ...
 #18 
Old 2002-12-08, 18:19
Regular
 
The land of milk and honey
Default Re: Inevitability..

Why didn't the U.S and Britan just do this like 15 years ago? Iraq was much more of a threat and much more heavily armed considering they weren't fucked by economic sanctions back then. Oh wait, they were funding Iraq back then. It's so obvious George is just picking up his dad's crusade.
 #19 
Old 2002-12-08, 18:48
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

I really liked when Fleischer said something along the lines of "Bush, Rumsfeld, and Blaire all have said Hussein has weapons, and they wouldn't lie." It's a classic example of the big lie. People are more inclined to believe it because nobody has the balls to make a lie that big.

I don't think we should have bothered with the whole UN route. We should have just started bombing whether the UN likes it or not and shown how irrelevant the UN really is.

I support kicking out Hussein and replacing him with an American owned puppet government. Control of Iraq will help to break up OPEC. Control of the world's oil reserves will be important if the US is to retain global hegemony through the 21st century.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-08, 19:00
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

quote:
Originally posted by BSK:
the only one on this board who might have a chance to have children with her is the one and only BSK. But that doesn�t include that I make them. Only one of my sperm may have the honour to enter her body ...


...
 #21 
Old 2002-12-08, 20:24
brainuser brainuser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

Is the war inevitable? Yes, Bush and company have talked to much to back down now. If military force is not used now, America would be revealead to be the paper-tiger it really is, at this point, WMD and regime change don't matter as much as global perception. The U.S MUST fulfill it's threats against Iraq in order to send a strong message to all of its enemies around the globe.
 #22 
Old 2002-12-08, 21:46
ShadowFist ShadowFist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

" the angel took a giant stone and heaved it to the ground and said: with such force shall babalon (Present day Iraq) shall be destroyed"
The book of revelations

hmmm....threw somthing from the sky? what throws things from the sky? Oh yeah, American bombers. Hell yes the destrction of Iraq is inevitable.
 #23 
Old 2002-12-08, 22:29
ebeneezer goode ebeneezer goode is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

bush is such a humanitarian, he wouldn't be after the iraqi oil now would he?

oh, he would...
 #24 
Old 2002-12-08, 23:48
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

quote:
Originally posted by gombowlzombie:
I'd be affected because I most likely get drafted as cannon fodder.


No you won't.

Nox
 #25 
Old 2002-12-08, 23:50
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

quote:
Originally posted by great_sage=heaven:
Why didn't the U.S and Britan just do this like 15 years ago?


Probably because the Gulf War was 11 years ago.

Nox
 #26 
Old 2002-12-08, 23:57
brainuser brainuser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

quote:
Originally posted by ebeneezer goode:
bush is such a humanitarian, he wouldn't be after the iraqi oil now would he?

oh, he would...



Are you implying that's a bad thing? The less dependent we are on foreign oil the better, the perfect resolution to the Iraq situation would be to take over the country, remove Hussein, and give corporations access to Iraq's vast oil fields. Atleast we can rely on those greedy corporations to provide us with oil instead of relying on the Arab states who make alot of noise and cut production anytime they have a beef with us infidels.



[This message has been edited by brainuser (edited 12-08-2002).]
 #27 
Old 2002-12-09, 00:00
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

The agreement between the US and it's Arab allies for the Gulf War, was that Iraq would only be driven out of Kuwait. The Arab allies did not condone replacing Hussein at that time, and they appear to be less willing now.
 #28 
Old 2002-12-09, 06:55
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

There will be no new gulf war, this buildup is a ruse to bring Iraq back to terms, do you honestly think that the leaks of invasion plans weren't instigated by the administration. Fact of the matter is that this talk of belligerence it to make sure that Iraq sticks to the terms of its surrender. If the US were to back off now Iraq may back out of its surrender like it did before, By continuing to press the issue Iraq knows that as long as it sticks to its surrender terms the word will oppose the invasion which is made to seem imminent held in check by the threat of international action alone.

[This message has been edited by Alan Smithee (edited 12-09-2002).]
 #29 
Old 2002-12-09, 07:42
Aternimus Aternimus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

quote:
Originally posted by XeNobiTe:
It's inevitable that xeno'll get high off mescaline like a fried chicken stuffed with chocolate ice cream dancing around witht a cowboy hat on, and make Z3m jealous. But you don't see that in the news, now do you?

Let's have a poll.

What would you rather see?

a) George Bush flaming Sadam on CNN

b) Me pulling off a dance with chocolate ice cram dripping from my ass while twirling around on my dick and all the colours like fusing with my ass...



I dont know you, but I'd rather stare at your ass for eternity than see that fuckers (Bush) face one more goddamn time!
 #30 
Old 2002-12-10, 04:29
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Inevitability..

If there is a draft (which wouldn't suprise me the way the recruitment numbers are going) than I am so incredibly fucked.

In high school I took the ASVAB test, which is an aptitude test given by all branches of the military. I scored in the top 1% in 3 catagories, and the top 5% in 5 other catagories. On the 2 speed dependent catagories I got about 65% The guys giving the test had never seen scores like mine and were very impressed.

I have been geting recruitment calls and mail ever sence. They want me bad.

If there is a draft, and my number is coming up soon, I will have to enlist. I could probably get a cushy job working on the reactor for a nuclear sub.
 #31 
Old 2002-12-10, 04:45
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

If you can't figure out how to get disqualified from military service, you deserve to get drafted against your will. I tried to enlist, but had to release some medical documents, which mentioned other conditions, which required more documents released, and the Army found how just how crazy I am and DQ'd me. Bastards.
 #32 
Old 2002-12-10, 15:52
chupe chupe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inevitability..

quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:
If there is a draft (which wouldn't suprise me the way the recruitment numbers are going) than I am so incredibly fucked.

In high school I took the ASVAB test, which is an aptitude test given by all branches of the military. I scored in the top 1% in 3 catagories, and the top 5% in 5 other catagories. On the 2 speed dependent catagories I got about 65% The guys giving the test had never seen scores like mine and were very impressed.

I have been geting recruitment calls and mail ever sence. They want me bad.

If there is a draft, and my number is coming up soon, I will have to enlist. I could probably get a cushy job working on the reactor for a nuclear sub.



You really have no idea how it works, do you?

1.) There will not be a draft. Recruiting figures are actually exceeding requirements post Sept 11th.

2.) They don't draft you based on your ASVAB. (So going on about how you're such a fucking supergenious was nothing more than self-congratulatory masturbation on your part. I got a 99 (out of 99) AQFT (that's the overall, there) on my ASVAB, and I try and keep it quiet around base.) If there's a draft, they give you a random number, and then work their way through the numbers as losses dictate. Those with high numbers are relatively safe.

3.) Being a Nuke (those who work on the reactors of ships and subs) is not a cushy job. It's a shitty job. No one likes them, because the rate tends to be full of self-important fucks with not one lick of common sense, they never see the sun, and they have the longest school in the Navy. That doesn't sound so bad, but if you've been through a Navy A school, you'd shudder at the thought of ~2 years of it.

4.) If you tell the entrance processing station you're a criminal, junkie, queer, kleptomaniac, cutter, bedwetter, or whatever, you aren't enlisting.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics