About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-05, 00:43
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Nutella

This stuff is awesome...It beats the hell out of american peanut butter....Its like hazelnut butter...Its awesome...Anyone else heard of this?
http://www.nutella.fr

 #2 
Old 2002-12-05, 00:49
diabolik diabolik is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

when i was in grade 2 (I think i have a semi-photographic memory) this girl ate nutella sandwiches every day. at the end of the year, her mom came into the class with all of the stuff she had found the girl had stolen from her classmates throughout the year.

the lesson is: nutella makes you a theif.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-05, 00:53
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Nutella is damn good. DAMN GOOD!
 #4 
Old 2002-12-05, 00:53
UrMom UrMom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

The reason why people like nutella so much is because it is basicly chocolate spread with some hazelnut flavoring. but mmmm, it is soo good. especially on crepes(really thin french pankakes).
 #5 
Old 2002-12-05, 00:56
Dion Dion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

French Kids have it lucky. Instead of peanut butter on their sandwiches, they get this hazelnut spread! That stuff is damn good...

Thank god for costco.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-05, 01:00
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: Nutella

we get it here too. its great stuff. fuck the bread though, just use a spoon.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-05, 01:20
Certijal Certijal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

I had that sweet hazelnut flavor every day till high school. Its been a while though, I wonder if I can find some...
 #8 
Old 2002-12-05, 02:26
Obelisk1125 Obelisk1125 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

mmmmmmmmm that stuff is good, even on plain toast
 #9 
Old 2002-12-05, 06:26
bribble13 bribble13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

We have the stuff here to, makes a good breakfast spread.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-05, 06:32
Mr.Fubar Mr.Fubar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Remember that time, when I went to your house, and your brother was there with the dog and he had peanut butter all over his weiner, and he was yellin "Who likes the Skippy? Who likes the Skippy?".

Moral: Skippy is better.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-05, 06:38
bribble13 bribble13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Fubar:
Remember that time, when I went to your house, and your brother was there with the dog and he had peanut butter all over his weiner, and he was yellin "Who likes the Skippy? Who likes the Skippy?".

Moral: Skippy is better.




blink 182 sucks in my opinion.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-05, 07:45
janey_rotted janey_rotted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Nutella? Hmm..there's a discussion about everything on totse! hahaha. Just on Nutella, yum... only lasts a day in my house.

Janey_Rotted
 #13 
Old 2002-12-05, 12:42
indiansa indiansa is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

i have been watching the goings on on totse
for a couple of weeks now, you guys really talk crap.........

but anyhow, nutella rocks, and is widely available in sa
 #14 
Old 2002-12-05, 12:51
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

If Nutella was a dog it would be a Jack Russel. Annoying small and dirty.

Peace Renegade,
 #15 
Old 2002-12-05, 22:13
Kezza Kezza is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Yep, Nutella is very popular in Australia, and any good Aussie should remember the ads -

"Ahhhhhhhhh Nutella, we always say yes to Nutella, we eat up every little bit of that hazlenut and chocolate, we always say yes to Nutella"

My kids have it on their sandwiches every day for school, but if not that it's vegemite and cheese - but I wont go there, you Americans dont like it much huh? My little boy has it on a sandwich and sticks his finger in it and scrapes all the choc off and licks it before he eats the bread.

It's good stuff - especially on toast.
 #16 
Old 2002-12-05, 22:20
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

what the hell is vegemite, anyway?!

nutella kicks my ass!

and mmm crepes!
 #17 
Old 2002-12-05, 22:26
bribble13 bribble13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

vegemite is a vegetarian version of marmite. it's a very salty yeast spread and if you've ever had dutch liquorice than you know how salty it'll be.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-05, 22:31
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

I've purchased Nutella right here in the USA, and it's damn fine.
 #19 
Old 2002-12-06, 00:07
Kezza Kezza is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Someone has described Vegemite as a little similar to soy sauce. The trick with Vegemite is to spread it thin. If you have it on toast, have more butter than vege. It's also full of Vitamin B which is great for hangovers. But you'd probably need a whole loaf to get the benefit, and then you'd be sick from too much bread.

And btw, a few people are selling both Vegemite and Nutella on ebay, and they make a few bob from it I think! Somebody's even selling a 'psychic' half eaten jar of Nutella, fuckin fruit loops!
 #20 
Old 2002-12-06, 00:21
midas_the_happy_canadian midas_the_happy_canadian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

yum yum so good.... but my hand won't fit in the jar

--------------------- --------------------
 #21 
Old 2002-12-06, 01:14
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

WHAT THE HELL IS MARMITE?!

[i'm guessing a carnivorous version of vegemite]

salty bread spread?! now i know why us americans don't touch the stuff...
 #22 
Old 2002-12-06, 02:31
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Nutella

I had this one boyfriend for several years and he grew up in London and he ate Nutella all the time.

I used to love the stuff. But, I've eaten so much I'm sick of it, probably permanently.

He also used to eat this black gooey crap called Marmite and he told me he thought PEANUT butter is disgusting.

Wierd...

Cheers,
Lost
 #23 
Old 2002-12-06, 16:27
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

I agree, nutella is quite nice- a bit sweet though. When i was over in America i bought some squeezy apple jam stuff. I ate it everyday for the month that i was there. I forgot to bring some home and there is absolutly no apple jam in Britain- you can't get it for love nor money.

Chunk
 #24 
Old 2002-12-06, 18:52
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Any jelly you want from the mail...
http://onlinestore.smucker.com/directory.cfm

For those who don't know, Smuckers is the best jelly/jam/preserves in the USA. Enjoy Chunk.
 #25 
Old 2002-12-06, 18:57
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Am I the only one who thought this would be a file-shareing discussion?
 #26 
Old 2002-12-06, 18:59
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

quote:
Originally posted by Chunkmiester:
I agree, nutella is quite nice- a bit sweet though. When i was over in America i bought some squeezy apple jam stuff. I ate it everyday for the month that i was there. I forgot to bring some home and there is absolutly no apple jam in Britain- you can't get it for love nor money.

Chunk



Was it apple jam or apple butter? Because both are quite awesome...and for a little money I could think about shipping some your way....
 #27 
Old 2002-12-06, 19:10
Vidimidi Vidimidi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Nutella on croissants are good...yummm, I think I'll go get some now.

-Vijeta
 #28 
Old 2002-12-07, 02:01
bribble13 bribble13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

quote:
Originally posted by CRaZyAmishMaN:
WHAT THE HELL IS MARMITE?!

[i'm guessing a carnivorous version of vegemite]

salty bread spread?! now i know why us americans don't touch the stuff...




yes, that is correct, in my personal opinion marmite is nicer than vegemite. as far as i know you can only get marmite in nz. And if you have too much on one peice of bread or toast it will put you off for ages.
 #29 
Old 2002-12-07, 02:19
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

what's it made out of?

mars?

mites?

a combination?

[as for smuckers: ick!]
[apple butter bought at farmers markets is where it's at!]
 #30 
Old 2002-12-07, 03:14
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Marmite can be found in the UK.
 #31 
Old 2002-12-07, 08:04
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

quote:
Originally posted by CRaZyAmishMaN:
[as for smuckers: ick!]
[apple butter bought at farmers markets is where it's at!]



You must be from PA to know this and use Amish as a reference in your name. I love smuckers jams and jellies, but apple butter is something entirely different from apple jelly. Hmmmm.... apple butter and apple jelly.... I bet that would make a great sandwich...

for Chunk if you meant apple butter, the amish one here is right, only a farmers market would do, send him cash now.

 #32 
Old 2002-12-07, 08:07
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Crazyamishman
Duh, I looked under your name and realized "Hey he is from PA"... glad to know I was right.
 #33 
Old 2002-12-07, 15:42
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

I could have told you the same thing, I live right next to two Amish towns.
What do you think an Amish girl would do if I asked her if she wanted to go have sex in the barn?
 #34 
Old 2002-12-07, 16:09
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

quote:
Originally Posted By Agent_Boris KGB
Was it apple jam or apple butter? Because both are quite awesome...and for a little money I could think about shipping some your way....


Thanks for the offer boris- but i've already ordered:
"Single Servings Packs - Apple-Cinnamon Jelly"
Its the exact flavor that i had while out in the states- i got it in jars though. Single packs should be better for me though- considering i have 15 packets of frosties left to eat up (don't ask).

Chunk
 #35 
Old 2002-12-07, 17:37
Vox Vox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

I prefer chutney with my marmite.
 #36 
Old 2002-12-07, 20:25
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

quote:
Originally posted by CRaZyAmishMaN:

[as for smuckers: ick!]
[apple butter bought at farmers markets is where it's at!]



1.Hell Yeah
2.HEll yeah again...I remeber the time I went to malvern...I think there was a farmers market that I had just missed....I go to any of the countys north west of philly and you can find good jellys and jams all the time...
 #37 
Old 2002-12-07, 22:13
JingleJingle JingleJingle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

NUTELLA'S MY BESTEST FRIEND!
 #38 
Old 2002-12-07, 22:59
farwah farwah is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

yup heard of it - luv it, its european, i think german, really popular there, i think it is like peanut butter to them, and its also the cream in the middle of rocher (i know i spelt that worng - but u know the hazel nut choclate, i think they r both made by the same company) anyway yea good stuff, try on a banana with choclate sprinkles, yummm.. i miss it! have yet to come across it here.
 #39 
Old 2002-12-07, 23:23
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

quote:
Originally posted by farwah:
yup heard of it - luv it, its european, i think german, really popular there,

Its french...well really italian but they both hold strong differences in who made it first...But this is one thing that germans can't claim credit for...HA!(Boris just relized that he is 1/16 german...) shit...
 #40 
Old 2002-12-08, 05:15
Regular
 
If she's easy, take'r twice.
Default Re: Nutella

man, nuttella is chocolate hazelnut heaven. im surprosed americans havent caught on to it yet. its soooooo fucking good. i ate at this lanuage camp once and it was so fucking good i made my mom buy 3 jars. fuck, i eat it on plain bread man its fucking delicious.
 #41 
Old 2002-12-08, 06:12
SwampThing SwampThing is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Don't knock vegemite till you've tried it, it's the best non-sweet thing to put on toast by far. As for Nutella, its hazelnutty deliciousness,and if youre so unfortunate that you dont know anywhere that sells it, Snickers Spread is similar.
 #42 
Old 2002-12-08, 22:59
Mr.Fubar Mr.Fubar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

It has been scientifically proven that nutella causes back hair!!!!
 #43 
Old 2002-12-08, 23:07
gowerski gowerski is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

quote:


What do you think an Amish girl would do if I asked her if she wanted to go have sex in the barn?



quote:

I prefer chutney with my marmite.


Hahaha
 #44 
Old 2002-12-08, 23:18
urinal2001 urinal2001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Marmite rules!!!! Nutella? Hmm... bit on the sweet side me thinks... but I wouldnt turn it down!
 #45 
Old 2002-12-09, 00:28
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

quote:
Originally posted by TheSell0ut:
Am I the only one who thought this would be a file-shareing discussion?


No, You're not
 #46 
Old 2002-12-10, 03:45
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Nutella

Marmite? Vegamite? What is it?
 #47 
Old 2003-01-02, 17:30
Marekus Marekus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

mmm man nutella is awsome I could go for some right now!!!
 #48 
Old 2003-01-02, 17:46
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

Wow if this topic isnt old....
 #49 
Old 2003-01-02, 19:14
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Nutella

Isn't nutella file sharing software?
 #50 
Old 2003-01-02, 19:39
gowerski gowerski is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Nutella

The file sharing program is nutella with a g - gnutella
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics