About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - pages 1, 4, 6 of its original capture were never archived, so some posts from those pages are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-12-01, 22:09
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default people you respect at totse and why

Pink is a nice guy. I luvver him.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-01, 22:15
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I myself do not use any grammer and some times i type to fast for my brain to process the info so my spelling does not allways come out right but i try as hard as fucking hell to get my point across in a clear manner as to not confuse people i try to make it as easy as possible for some one to under stand but some times it does not always work out

so the fact that i do not use grammer makes people loose respect for me ?

oh well i try and im hoping thats what counts the most
 #3 
Old 2002-12-01, 22:16
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

another thing i will post is

i have respect for people who have respect for themselfs and others and there property

[This message has been edited by warweed12 (edited 12-01-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-12-01, 22:18
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Nox.

Oh yea and Syphon, i dont really know him but everyone says hes the man.

[This message has been edited by MR.SMITH (edited 12-01-2002).]
 #5 
Old 2002-12-01, 22:21
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by TheSell0ut:
Pink is a nice guy. I luvver him.


Why, I love you too. I like everyone until they strike me as an asshole, racist, nimrod, etc. (you get the idea)
 #6 
Old 2002-12-01, 22:36
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Do you love me ?
 #7 
Old 2002-12-01, 22:37
StonedPoet StonedPoet is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
i type to fast for my brain to process the info so my spelling does not allways come out right


That's an easy fix. Use sentances, and you're brain will figure out when to stop for a breath.

It did for me. I used to post like that alot...
 #8 
Old 2002-12-01, 22:37
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by MR.SMITH:
Nox.

Oh yea and Syphon, i dont really know him but everyone says hes the man.

[This message has been edited by MR.SMITH (edited 12-01-2002).]



Syphon seems to be a very intelligent guy too, I have alot of respect for him.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-01, 22:58
Un - Touchable 1996 Un - Touchable 1996 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Nox - Needs no explaining, an overall decent guy, who has shown himself to be a very steady character.

Rlpinca - Again no explanation needed, if you don't know why you should respect him you obviously don�t know him very well at all.

That�s pretty much it nobody else here is worth the effort of typing their handle, they have all at one time or another shown themselves to be completely worthless, most do quite regularly others are more balanced. I find this little charade of typing the name of people you want to like you or reciprocate your praise a little sad, but then most of you are right. I am quite sure this is the only honest list in this topic.

.:un � t o u c h a b l e 1996:.

 #10 
Old 2002-12-01, 23:17
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by Un - Touchable 1996:

[b]Rlpinca
- Again no explanation needed, if you don't know why you should respect him you obviously don�t know him very well at all.
[/B]


are you reffering to him because of what he does for a living ? if so that is not showing resepct that is cowering over the fact that he holds power over you
 #11 
Old 2002-12-01, 23:50
Un - Touchable 1996 Un - Touchable 1996 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by warweed12:
are you reffering to him because of what he does for a living ? if so that is not showing resepct that is cowering over the fact that he holds power over you


I am not sure whether you are referring to Rlpinca's career in the military or the insignificant fact he has moderator under his name. Both Rlpinca and Nox are ex-military men but that has little to do with the fact they command my respect. Nor does the fact that both hold moderator, which means nothing. Although I am re-assured to see two who deserve to be recognised, recognised for once.

As for this �cowering over his power over me�, I must have missed that because I have little to no understanding of what you are trying to get at. Moderators have no power, especially here. Also would it not make more sense to show respect to those who you know will and do abuse their moderator privileges for trivial matters such as to annoy others, when in this case I know these two wouldn�t no matter what I say. For instance your a moderator, correct but I have no respect at all for you, Bitch.

.:un � t o u c h a b l e 1996
 #12 
Old 2002-12-02, 00:10
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by warweed12:
Do you love me ?


You have not striked me as an asshole, nimrod, or spammer, so you are neat in my book.


 #13 
Old 2002-12-02, 00:13
JoeSchmoe JoeSchmoe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Nox, Mr. Smith, pink spid3r, spiffy mcbango, the sell out, 40oztofreedom, Z3m, and Zok
 #14 
Old 2002-12-02, 00:14
JoeSchmoe JoeSchmoe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by JoeSchmoe:
Nox, Mr. Smith, pink spid3r, spiffy mcbango, the sell out, 40oztofreedom, Z3m, and Zok



My apologies, spiffy mcbang
 #15 
Old 2002-12-02, 00:23
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by Un - Touchable 1996:
I am not sure whether you are referring to Rlpinca's career in the military or the insignificant fact he has moderator under his name. Both Rlpinca and Nox are ex-military men but that has little to do with the fact they command my respect. Nor does the fact that both hold moderator, which means nothing. Although I am re-assured to see two who deserve to be recognised, recognised for once.

As for this �cowering over his power over me�, I must have missed that because I have little to no understanding of what you are trying to get at. Moderators have no power, especially here. Also would it not make more sense to show respect to those who you know will and do abuse their moderator privileges for trivial matters such as to annoy others, when in this case I know these two wouldn�t no matter what I say. For instance your a moderator, correct but I have no respect at all for you, Bitch.

.:un � t o u c h a b l e 1996




my apologee's i did not mean it in a crude sence i was under the impression that Rlpinca was a cop and i did not mean to sound so crurd as i did and for this i am sorry also from first glance i beleaved you to be a teenager and as for the comment "cowering over the fact that he holds power over you" i meant his status as a cop and that you should show respect for him and not for the power he holds as a law offical


i am sorry for the way it came out i hope you under stand what i mean
 #16 
Old 2002-12-02, 00:37
cornzornoplat cornzornoplat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I persinally think that Cornzornoplat and Modega are the coolest people here.......
 #17 
Old 2002-12-02, 00:37
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by JoeSchmoe:
Nox, Mr. Smith, pink spid3r, spiffy mcbango, the sell out, 40oztofreedom, Z3m, and Zok



I believe that we have not met. Ah hell, I love you anyway!
 #18 
Old 2002-12-02, 00:38
SyntaX ErroR SyntaX ErroR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

i respect cense and runaway and wintermute and me and pink spid3r and z3m (or is it zok?) and thesellout and metaphysicist and-and-Aww, hell, i love all of you guys...

*sniff* *tear*

love, SyntaX ErroR

[This message has been edited by SyntaX ErroR (edited 12-02-2002).]
 #19 
Old 2002-12-02, 00:41
phender phender is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I respect chibi miko and some of the other mods are cool, that's about it.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-02, 00:47
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

No one respects me!

Except for Zok, he likes my grammar
 #21 
Old 2002-12-02, 00:54
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Junglist but he is gone.

Meta and rok are good people.

Hey, speaking of respect,where the fuck did tr0g go?
 #22 
Old 2002-12-02, 01:03
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I respect most people who would bother to post shit on this kind of website. Totse seems to be a place full of kindred spirits. Whether conscious of it or not, we are all outsiders of society in some way. We hate the system, its mindless conformity and its pointless rules. Many of us are bitter cynics because we sort of realize that our hunger for the real truth will never fulfilled by the powers that be. Even with all its bullshit, Totse is the closest to the truth we can get by sharing what we know with each other. Totse is a gathering place of intelligent renegades, people who sometimes are justifiably teetering on the edge of insanity. I guess you're my kind of people
 #23 
Old 2002-12-02, 01:06
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Yes, but we have a pretty populated colony of callous people aswell. They get in the way of the open minded people sometimes.
 #24 
Old 2002-12-02, 01:42
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by grungymagician:
Junglist but he is gone.

Meta and rok are good people.

Hey, speaking of respect,where the fuck did tr0g go?



Tr0g DIED.
Actually he was banned.


I'm overjoyed to see so many people respect me.


That makes...three!
 #25 
Old 2002-12-02, 01:44
Malignant Malignant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I got 1 more person respecting me then i thought. I got..1.
--Malignant
 #26 
Old 2002-12-02, 01:45
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Tr0g must of had to of done something horribly wrong to banned, jeez.
 #27 
Old 2002-12-02, 01:52
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Not necessarily. I used to occassionally just ban people when I got annoyed at them. I was one of those power hungry forum nazi people. Hated by many, but at least the rules were obeyed.
 #28 
Old 2002-12-02, 02:55
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Bongman, I like you as a friend.
 #29 
Old 2002-12-02, 03:25
Terbo Terbo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by silencer:
Whether conscious of it or not, we are all outsiders of society in some way. We hate the system, its mindless conformity and its pointless rules.


Um... Sorry.. But, no.

I would post a list of respected people here, but I don't know anyone well enough. Meta has some really good posts, though, so he's on it.

 #30 
Old 2002-12-02, 04:12
stormybaka stormybaka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

JC, Z3m, XeNobiTe, Suzie, ain, piggarro, Ironz, Dewtard, xenosss, Zok, osiris, prometheansky, phantom, Lostcause. Sorry if I forgot your name. hmm! reasons, well on either through talking in #totse or how much they contributed to totse or both...
 #31 
Old 2002-12-02, 04:52
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

So many people...

I respect most of the mods. I respect those who really know their shit, like rlpinca or Zero. I respect those who have risen above their initial kewlness, like warweed12. I respect the newer guys who bring a nice perspective to the site, like TheSellOut. I respect (maybe just like?) those who share my opinions, like all the console guys in Games People Play.

I've tried not to mention specific names, just using certain people as examples. I couldn't begin to list all the cool folks, but I know 'em when I see 'em.
 #32 
Old 2002-12-02, 05:06
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I can't believe stormybaka is the only person who mentioned me.

Am I not respectable? Geez, not even Z3m mentioned me...

I feel thoroughly unloved.

You bastards.

Cheers,
Lost
 #33 
Old 2002-12-02, 05:12
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Too many people to list. Amung the top are tryptamine, the late Acidmelt, Madchemist, Metaphysicist, and anyone else who knew their shit.
 #34 
Old 2002-12-02, 05:38
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:

Originally posted by Terbo:
Whether conscious of it or not, we are all outsiders of society in some way. We hate the system, its mindless conformity and its pointless rules.

Um... Sorry.. But, no.


Sorry, but yes.

For instance, Meta advocates using hallucinogens in a responsible way...that's not a very mainstream societal stance is it?
 #35 
Old 2002-12-02, 06:43
Evolved Evolved is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

A very sad thread indeed...
 #36 
Old 2002-12-02, 14:38
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

dont you see the irony in posting in a sad topic. If you dont like a topic then dont post in it....

For fucks sakes be diplomatic!
 #37 
Old 2002-12-02, 15:02
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I am so over you.
 #38 
Old 2002-12-02, 15:07
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

~~COBRA~~
 #39 
Old 2002-12-02, 15:14
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by LostCause:
I can't believe stormybaka is the only person who mentioned me.

Am I not respectable? Geez, not even Z3m mentioned me...

I feel thoroughly unloved.

You bastards.

Cheers,
Lost



I lovvvver you!!!!
I respect you as well.

I just forgot you, because uhh...I forget alot.
 #40 
Old 2002-12-02, 15:16
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

That is one reason why I am not listing any names of the people I love.
 #41 
Old 2002-12-02, 15:23
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

635 posts in under a month......

thats like over 20 a day non stop, spider...

 #42 
Old 2002-12-02, 15:47
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by TheSell0ut:
ChunkMeister - Funny guy. Smart.


Thanks Sell0ut- it makes be feel warm and fuzzy, well almost. I suppose that i will let the fact that you spelt my name wrong slide, seeing as you name droped me. As for my list:

Warweed - Because he's got a personallity, and hes a decent bloke.
J.C and Root- Because they are the big boss men and they do alot to keep totse up.
Metaphysicist - Hes smart, very smart when it comes to chem and drugs, he also makes the most creative flames.
Sell0ut - Not because he mentioned me but he has a personallity that seems to convay well through his posts, hes got a sarcy nature too.
Agent Boris_KGB - Decent bloke, fair sense of humor but his real strong point is the way he will defend his opinions and beliefs indeffinatly
Junglist - Well you know, he was a great mod and a great person, he really knew his shit
Nox - obvious reasons, he flames well, hes smart and hes got a blunt sense of humor
pink spid3r, Space Falcon and piggarro99- Although i don't have a lot of respect for these people "passe", i like their styles and they always have something to say.

Edit- Theta, Kron, Prom, Lokil, syphon and
Trypt are pretty decent people too, didn't want them to feel left out.

Chunk

[This message has been edited by Chunkmiester (edited 12-02-2002).]
 #43 
Old 2002-12-02, 15:54
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by Chunkmiester:
Thanks Sell0ut- it makes be feel warm and fuzzy, well almost. I suppose that i will let the fact that you spelt my name wrong slide, seeing as you name droped me. As for my list:

Warweed - Because he's got a personallity, and hes a decent bloke.
J.C and Root- Because they are the big boss men and they do alot to keep totse up.
Metaphysicist - Hes smart, very smart when it comes to chem and drugs, he also makes the most creative flames.
Sell0ut - Not because he mentioned me but he has a personallity that seems to convay well through his posts, hes got a sarct nature too.
Junglist - Well you know, he was a great mod and a great person, he really knew his shit
Nox - obvious reasons, he flames well, hes smart and hes got a blunt sense of humor
pink spid3r, Space Falcon and piggarro99- Although theres not a lot of respect passe, i like their styles and they always have something to say.

Chunk



/me searches dictionary for the word "sarct"

/me doesn't find it


 #44 
Old 2002-12-02, 16:31
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by Chunkmiester:

Nox - obvious reasons, he flames well, hes smart and hes got a blunt sense of humor
pink spid3r, Space Falcon and piggarro99- Although i don't have a lot of respect for these people "passe", i like their styles and they always have something to say.
Chunk





I hate to correct you, especially after naming me on your list [thanx].

Please don't take this as a flame; I do it for your information and later use down the road.

Of course, if what you wrote is what you meant, well then - my bad ]


Anyway, when you said 'passe', I believe you meant to say per se [i.e.: I don't have respect for them per se , but...].

Is this what you meant?

Again - not a flame, just a friendly piece of constructive criticism [a foreign idea around here anymore, I know ]
 #45 
Old 2002-12-02, 16:32
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Lost, I don't care, so neither should you.

And it's nice to have all this respect. Certainly seeing as I'm about to abandon my 6 ot 7 year afair with &TOTSE. Nice and ironic. I love it.
 #46 
Old 2002-12-02, 16:33
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

You must have read my post before i edited it, i changed "sarct" to "sarcy". Its slang for sarcastic, but mainly used in the context of saying if someone is ironic or makes points by ridiculing the opposite point.

Chunk

Edit- i typed the above before i saw Meta's post so: Yes i did mean "per se", sorry. Thanks for pointing it out though, another person on another day would have flamed me for that.

[This message has been edited by Chunkmiester (edited 12-02-2002).]
 #47 
Old 2002-12-02, 16:39
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

i know how meta feels there, sometimes you see a post that has a fundamental mistake in it, and you want to correct them, but you know that they will flip out of all proportion. So sometimes i just let that shite go.

"to chunk"

"silence is defeat"

someone else that i respect is tr0g.
For the simple fact that if he thought something, he would fucking tell you, not like some people
 #48 
Old 2002-12-02, 16:46
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by Chunkmiester:
You must have read my post before i edited it, i changed "sarct" to "sarcy". Its slang for sarcastic, but mainly used in the context of saying if someone is ironic or makes points by ridiculing the opposite point.


Ahh, I was just sitting here thinking what a great word "sarct" would be.


 #49 
Old 2002-12-02, 18:00
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I mostly just respect myself. And sometimes other people if I see them helping others out.
 #50 
Old 2002-12-02, 18:17
Tazer Daddy Tazer Daddy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I personally don't believe that you can truly have a feel for someone by reading there posts over a message board. and judging respect is hard based on this. so naming off a bunch of names wont work for me. you can be whoever you want to be over a public message board system. you can tell people whatever you want and if it seems at all feesable they most likely will believe it.
I am sure everyone has had there moments of being respectful and then there moments of being disrespectful no can be perfect all of the time I have respect for those who honestly try to be helpful and insightful. Wether they fullfill that goal or not it doesn't matter if they are putting in an honest effort to be helpfull and not just be blatant assholes that post crap and flame others simply for the fact of being unintelligent and bored. i respect those who post openly and not hide things in fear of being flamed.
oh ya silencer i really like your post. i highly agree.
 #51 
Old 2002-12-03, 19:34
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

In the time I've been here, I've made over 5000 posts between my two usernames, and noone who hasn't conversed with me over another medium is any closer to knowing me than they were before..

webforums are not a substitute for real contact when it comes to knowing someone..
 #52 
Old 2002-12-03, 21:10
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by riot_kid:
Not mentioned once, not even by the commie, guess I'm not active enough, and lost, if you read this again, I think you're pretty cool. Now I could go through a whole list of who I like, but none of you mentioned me, so aside frome lost, thbbbpppttt!!!


I respect riot_kid, because if I don't I think he'll keep my TurboGrafx 16 and my $70 mint copy of Tactics Ogre. However, I do still have the khakis you let me borrow and the Cobra Commander shirt, so ha! What are you doing Friday?
 #53 
Old 2002-12-03, 22:06
StonedPoet StonedPoet is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
webforums are not a substitute for real contact when it comes to knowing someone..


No internet communication is a substitute for RL communication.

That's why we change our personallities when we're on them. Because we can be the person we want to be.

Then there are those of us who seem to want to act online like they do in RL. Who these people are, we can never know until we meet them.

Who cares? If they got the smarts, rock on. If they are a pain in the ass, ignore them.

I respect anyone who can post without spamming once in 1000 posts.

It's tough to do, believe me...
 #54 
Old 2002-12-04, 17:54
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

My real life personas are just as much of a facade as the internet ones.
 #55 
Old 2002-12-04, 18:07
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by FuckOffandDie:
My real life personas are just as much of a facade as the internet ones.


You've summed up exactly how I feel.
 #56 
Old 2002-12-04, 19:32
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Friday, I think I'm working. Call me we'll plot the downfall of this horrid capitalist socioeconomic class structure/slave industry. That or spend a lot of time bitching about other stuff.

Later
 #57 
Old 2002-12-05, 01:42
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I have had the distinct honor of having eight of my fellow Totse members mention me by name when they talked about someone they respect. To each of you (Pigarro99,LordJugz,Impulses,MR.SMITH,Un - Touchable 96,JoeSchmoe,Chunkmeister,and Mackofett) I return the compliment from the bottom of my heart.

I would like to address a couple of comments that were made earlier:

quote:
Originally posted by Tazer Daddy:
I personally don't believe that you can truly have a feel for someone by reading there posts over a message board.

you can tell people whatever you want and if it seems at all feesable they most likely will believe it.



Yes, people can make themselves to be the persona they wish to portray. However, it goes back to the theory of the lie. You have to really have a good memory to keep the lie going. And as far as the second paragraph, that's just another way of saying what P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

However, getting to the next comment:

quote:
Originally posted by jumpunderaboat:
How can respect people you have never met?


This is easy. It doesn't take long to figure out many of the Totse posters. These folks 'tell on themselves' very quickly. There is no special insight required to identify a kewl, a moron, a racist, a (fill in the blank). What happens here at Totse (and probably other boards as well) is that regular posters demonstrate the "content of their character" (to steal a phrase from MLK). Yes, we don't really get a chance to know the 'inner' person who posts, but we sure get a great look at the outer person. It doesn't take long to figure out if you really want to be seen in public with a particular poster.

So now it's time for me to talk about those I respect. I respect maturity and intelligence, in that order.

I have posted several times about mental age being far more important than chronological age. Many posters here a Totse fulfill that requirement.

The second, intelligence (aka engage brain before engaging keyboard) has two parts: First, I do enjoy reasoned debate. This is not to say that a person can never ever make an error of fact ... all of us do (me all too often). But those errors don't occur 15 times per post. Those folks are morons who just babble drivel. Second, The proper use of the English language. I understand that for a variety of reasons, some people do not have an adequate education. However, I have noticed that some of those people really are trying to get better and they have (two people come to mind but I shall leave them nameless). I can accept their shortcomings because of their demonstrated efforts to improve. It is the mindless/lazy/kewl retards who refuse to capitalize, punctuate, spell, et al who I have zero respect for. If you don't have enough respect for me to make your post readable, why should I bother trying to read it? It shows a lack of personal respect. The words of your post are what people judge you by ... and this completes the lap and brings us right back to the first quote.

Yes I do think you can get a "feel for someone by reading their posts". I get a feeling about the person EVERY time I read their posts.

One man's opinion.

Nox

 #58 
Old 2002-12-05, 02:08
UrMom UrMom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I respect Meta. He is one of the few members of Totse that will stop and think about what he is posting. I have rarely seen him flame people, and when he has, it is always in a controlled manner and the person truly deserved it. Another thing is his age. Not just he sheer age of ~40, but the knowledge that he has aquired throughout those 40 some years of life.
 #59 
Old 2002-12-05, 02:31
Regular
 
umm that place near that other place
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

some good folks here at totse are nox,spid3r,vok(even though i through in a stupid comment bout him dissin me once every chance i get),mysterychick seems cool,osiris is cool, there are others and im sorry ifi forgot you.

by the way who is zero? id like to read some his posts just to see who he is
 #60 
Old 2002-12-05, 02:33
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

How can you respect me when we have never even talked?
 #61 
Old 2002-12-05, 04:01
Sivvy Sivvy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

wow nox, i knew you a little before, but after reading your last post, i kinda respect you. you seem like your on the same wave length as i. although i disagree with some of your shit, like proper spelling, punctuation and grammer; i feel at times one gets caught up in their own personal ways and habits and passes terrible judgements to those that differ, dont conform.

like, say, if because i dont capitalize my letters, that bugs you. thats fine if you like to capitalize your letters; but, thats your shit in your head and you shouldnt rob yourself of a possible friendship because you are caught up in 'perfect english all the time'(maybe not actually what your thinking, just proving my point); however, ive read absolute illiterate garbage on totse posts before, and i feel the same pure sadness everytime i cross paths with one of those poor dumbshits as you do nox.

finally my point: if you can understand what they're saying, then mission accomplished. the time you spend focusing on misspellings and such is time not spending on trying to understand the person your talking to.
 #62 
Old 2002-12-05, 04:04
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Point made and taken.

Nox
 #63 
Old 2002-12-05, 04:11
Regular
 
umm that place near that other place
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

i can respect you spid3r without talkin to you simply because i dont believe ive ever seen a flame by you. also everytime you post something it is always intelligent and original. i dont care if your internet persona is a facade. you cant fake intelligence and originallity
 #64 
Old 2002-12-05, 04:30
NukeChild NukeChild is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Vox, Nox, FoxLeonard, Armerd&Angry, YouAreNotYourKakhis, and several others whose names are escaping me at the moment.
 #65 
Old 2002-12-05, 13:23
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Renegade feels alone.

Peace Renegade,
 #66 
Old 2002-12-05, 16:15
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

Such pomp and splendor, all for a name
a number, and a lack of self-respect
Watch as the weather changes, and our minds dissolve into depression
As angst rides to the top of our thoughts
The masses drive willingly into suicidal slaughter.
All because of a name, a number, and a lack of self-respect.
-----------------

 #67 
Old 2002-12-05, 22:19
Sivvy Sivvy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade:
Renegade feels alone.

Peace Renegade,



i like you renegade, your on my list if i can be on yours.
 #68 
Old 2002-12-05, 22:29
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I don't think anyone CARES to learn more about you Suzie.
 #69 
Old 2002-12-05, 23:06
ShadowFist ShadowFist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

out of everyone, id have to say either zero or rat bastard beacuse out of the thousands of sources around, these guys are the best homemade pyro mind on the planet
 #70 
Old 2002-12-05, 23:19
pyro918v pyro918v is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

i respect anyone that respects me..
 #71 
Old 2002-12-06, 00:05
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by -_-OsiriS-_-:
I don't think anyone CARES to learn more about you Suzie.


*pokes you in the eye*

I would like to learn more.
 #72 
Old 2002-12-06, 00:32
StonedPoet StonedPoet is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
If you don't have enough respect for me to make your post readable, why should I bother trying to read it?


Speaking of which, why isn't the spell checker working?

Hey SellOut, did you write that poem?

It kicks ass....

*has nothing more to add to this convo, he's said his piece*
Tata
~SP
 #73 
Old 2002-12-06, 01:03
Viper2002 Viper2002 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
Point made and taken.


Do you not like all these girls leaving lipstick marks all over your ass?
 #74 
Old 2002-12-06, 01:21
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I'm surprised i was never mentioned, ive always thought i was more respeceted than that but then again i dont post in may forums.

rlpinca
Global Dominator
Zero the Inestimatible
Rat Bastard
triptamine
Metaphysicist
Nox
Agent Boris KGB

These are probably the best bunch of people i could meet, it sure would be great for all of the mods and us knolagable regulars to have a party eh?

CTR
 #75 
Old 2002-12-06, 01:58
ebeneezer goode ebeneezer goode is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
that said, here's a few of mine.
Chunkmeister - all round decent type, fellow brit (Can't be bad).

nz-man and mysterychick - Fucking hilarious, like an online soap opera.

pink spid3r - sheer volume of posts. BTW always thought 'he' was a 'she', no offence.

Several others, mods, regulars, members, whoever, with anything fun, witty, intelligent to say.

absolutely no respect for the people who come on just to piss people off, flamers, haters (like the guy a couple of weeks ago who went through all the trouble of registering just to post a topic on how much he hates niggers).

 #76 
Old 2002-12-09, 15:58
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

laerif is cool, he seems to have been quiet but now he is ok
 #77 
Old 2002-12-09, 16:15
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I thought i had made some friends. It seems im not respected by anyone apart from one person.

It really has got me down.

Peace Renegade,
 #78 
Old 2002-12-09, 16:33
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

i respect you...

(HAHAHAHAHA)

nah sorry i forgot you
 #79 
Old 2002-12-09, 17:00
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I respect you to ...there are alot of people who have psted in this topic that i respect
 #80 
Old 2002-12-10, 05:31
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

I respect anyone who knows their stuff, and is willing to share with the rest.

More specificly I respect:
pinkspider-he is quite inteligent for someone his age
Suzie aka Wintermute-She is inteligent, informative, and doesn't take shit from people
Metaphysicist-if you know who he is no explination is needed.


In an odd way I even respect saturnrocket. He is clever and funny. He never backs down from those who chalange his unpopular opinions. I may not like him, but I do respect him.
 #81 
Old 2002-12-10, 16:41
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:
In an odd way I even respect saturnrocket. He is clever and funny. He [b]never backs down from those who chalange his unpopular opinions. I may not like him, but I do respect him.[/B]


Do not confuse refusal to be educated with tenacity.

Nox
 #82 
Old 2002-12-10, 19:34
enigmaXesp enigmaXesp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

meta-smart and knows his shit
agent boris-nough said
mr.smith-knowledged on alot about weed
6c-always really fucking helpful, and doesnt try to be a asshole all the fucking time like lots of other shitheads

[This message has been edited by enigmaXesp (edited 12-10-2002).]
 #83 
Old 2002-12-11, 08:29
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: people you respect at totse and why

well i think that we can safely say that we respect a high percentage of totse...

that is if they dont go "MaKe Me A bOMb!!!11"

so when people say that totse is dying, i just think that its not so much dying, but maturing...

what do you think on the idea that totse is dying?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics