|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
|
#1
 2002-12-02, 00:57
|
grungymagician 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Goth Kids.... SUCK!
I find people who bitch about preps more annoying than the accutal preps.
|
|
#2
 2002-12-02, 01:08
|
pink spid3r 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
Everyone bitches at something or another.
|
|
#3
 2002-12-02, 03:29
|
be_nice_to_marvin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
Words of wisdom from Marvin: Dont ever judge a person by there cover, you never know what your missing out on. I dont know where I heard this but dont know where from anyways it went somthing along the lines of "judge me not on my apearance but on my character and personality". Half on the people I know just by looks I would never be associated with those groups or "clicks". Please enjoy life and dont let things like how a person dresses stop you from enjoying or experienceing anuthing in life. I say be yourself, dress how you seem fit and screw everybody who has a problem with it. So dont fall into one of those people who places you in a place before knowing. Marvin
|
|
#4
 2002-12-02, 04:26
|
chiqutia 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
I have nothing but respect for gothic people. People who dress like "goths" because they think it's cool, are just trying to get attention. From my understanding true goths dress as they do to get away from attention. I've done a report on goth fashion when I went to fashion design school, and learned a lot about the goth culture. Understanding and knowledge on a group, or subject is a powerful tool. The goths I know, which aren't many, are all hightly intelligent...above average - genious people. There will always be confused people who don't know where they belong. Most of the time they strive for attention, and try to fit into various groups to get it. They often get attention, just not of the positive variety like this group your talking about.
Anyway, I lost my train of thought.
|
|
#5
 2002-12-02, 05:12
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Facedown in the shag rug.
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
I find it interesting that so many of the "non-conformists" follow the same alternative style. Irony is amusing.
I've been wearing these Eddie Bauer pants that I found at Goodwill. I just noticed the label. Should I stop wearing them for fear of being called a preppy? Fuck no. They're comfy.
|
|
#6
 2002-12-02, 06:12
|
Dr.Murdok 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
sorry myusername but most goths in namibia are quite attractive the only prob is they prefure to go for ppl in their own sex
|
|
#7
 2002-12-02, 07:29
|
crack_hit-877-538-4-eva 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
i like what anthrit neo onyrovato said!
Wy give a fuck about the goths we should all just get together and smoke a joint because we are all cool in our own way. So lets all fly!!!
i defintly agree with that!
-crack-hit-
|
|
#8
 2002-12-03, 03:35
|
MagusWarlock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
I find it so annoying when teens come up to me, before I even say a goddamn thing to them, and ask me 'what' I am. I was in a chat room (Yahoo), when some girl IMed me and asked "asl and what r u, sk8ter/goth/prep/yo/freak/whatevah" What the fuck is a 'Yo'? Wanna-be's piss me off. My response to that girl was simply. "You can't classify me. But if you could, call me the Leader of Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow everafter." Thankfully, she didnt reply. I believe I frightened her away with the big words. When I was in school, my outlook on life changed all the time. In 7-8th grade, I was the stereotypical loser, and now I see that everything I did to try and fit in would never have worked. In High School, the first year was sort of just play along and pass'. I was the only 9th Grader in two classes (out of four..wierd school), filled with 10-12 graders. Sophomors treated me rudely, Seniors treated me ok (most), I guess they evolved to the point of not caring about SSS anymore (That's 'School Social Stigma', I made that up. Clever bastard that I am). It was the Juniors however, I had trouble with, always getting on me about every little thing. Now that I look back on that first High School year, I can cleary see it was all just self-justification and amusement. Hell, I can't blame them anymore. It didnt effect me at all. But goes to show you, no matter how you act, how you dress, people always want to make themselves feel more 'popular' by taking you down, or a group of kids who don't 'fit in'. Either because they can't, or because they don't seek too. It's never gonna change, and I bet in another 20 years 'Goth' will be the popular thing and 'Sk8tr' (Skater) will be the loser thing. It doesnt amtter, do what you do, and if anybody gets in your face about it, shove a pencil up their ass.  Well that was long, drawn out, and altogether pointless. I bet if you read to this point you're either feeling depressed, or like you just waisted 5 minutes of your life. Payce!
|
|
#9
 2002-12-03, 06:12
|
Dr.Murdok 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
i hate #1 wannabe ppl who want to be like other aspecially wannabe terrorists or theifs murderers #2stubborn ppl who think everyone fears them #3 osama bin laden (anyone realised how expensive stuff got after 9/11
|
|
#10
 2002-12-03, 17:06
|
Mr.Fubar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
quote: Originally posted by MyUsername: Alright... I don't have anything against goths or anything. The only thing that bothers me is this. MOST people who consider themselves goths are fat, ugly, nerdy people who everyone else made fun of. Did you ever talk to them? They won't shut up talking about their little tiny bullshit problems. Let's take people in my school for example. A little group always wears black. They all look like shit. When you listen to their little problems it is sooo pathetic. They're 17 year old girls still giggling about their first kiss like 11 year olds. If you wanna be goth, go ahead and do it. But not if you're just some reject. Those people are just asking for an ass kicking.
True goths I really don't mind. But these are just kids who think they're badass when they listen to Slipknot and make everyone else know that they're not liked. *PUKE!*
Your being too stereotipical. You can think that all goths act the same way that the few you do know. And besides, every once in a while I see a really cute chick dressed in black with those fish net thingys and the mini skirt and the spike collor....... woa, gotta go
|
|
#11
 2002-12-07, 11:42
|
MyUsername 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
quote: Originally posted by pink spid3r: [B]I cannot stand people who try to be something...B]
That's what I am saying. They TRY to be something they are not. The fakeness of it all makes me sick.
|
|
#12
 2002-12-07, 15:12
|
Kente 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
I've grown to have quite some disdain for 'goths'.
In the high school I went to, being a goth was just a way of getting attention. Imagine the worlds dullest little 13 year old girl, who one day decides to goth up. Next thing you know, she's the most popular kid in school. She spends her lunches and intervals being idolised by the other kids while she preaches about how shitty her life is and how much she hates this conformist society. It was really sickening to see her stand there spouting every hackneyed anarchic quote she could plagarise while audience watches on in amazement. "Oh, she's so cool!" "She's so punk!" "She's such an individualist!"
Soon after, she started slitting her wrists in the most pathetic, self preserving way. Sort of a compromise between suicide and popularity. Cut yourself just enough that it ends up visible, but not enough to hurt yourself too bad. People like that really sicken me. This one in particular went as far as to fake certain mental problems to make herself more interesting. Insomnia, manic depression, narcolepsy. She was bi polar and bi curious. She was ever cliche in the goth book.
Hm. I think I went into too much detail. Basically, I dislike that sort of behaviour. Changing your entire self to fit in by being non conformist in a mainstream way. If you can see past her borrowed individuality, you can see the hypocrisy of her behaviour.
And that's almost exactly how every goth I've met behaves. I'm not naive enough to judge every goth kid based upon the trendy attention seekers I've met so far. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but let's just say that I wont have high expectations.
Incedentally, I've been called a goth before. I've also been described as a skater who doesn't skate. How do you get that from a guy who wears shirts and jeans?
Edited to amend spelling.
[This message has been edited by Kente (edited 12-07-2002).]
|
|
#13
 2002-12-07, 21:24
|
afi_rule 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
There is one thing that i love to see in people: individualism. To me it means that everybody is living there life to the full! When i see some kid prancin round in a sum 41/slipknot/limp bizkit(i think thats how you spell it) hoody trying to a badboy goth/grebo (who the fuck came up with grebo). i just think what a twat i don't go up to them and explain what a turd they are. I am not saying your not allowed not express your views, that would mean you not be a individual, wot i am saying is don't worry about how stupid some diet goth is, live your live to the full.
|
|
#14
 2002-12-07, 22:08
|
JingleJingle 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
well... then... sometimes people just feel the need to fit in.. some people make friends easily.. but other's mold their personalities to be more excepted with their peers. it's just the classic urge to become popular in some sorta of messed up way.. being a goth is just being a part of people grouped together because of their simialar style or their similar reaction toward life... etc... some people decied they want to be goths because they feel that they are close to that sorta little stereotypeness... yes.. so .. all in all.. I'm trying to say that being a goth isn't that bad.. I do the whole raver thingy with the big pants that I can fit both of my legs into and the bracelets and the tee shirts that look like I bought them from a toystore.. it's just who I am... but also a sterotype.. wow.. I'm confused..
|
|
#15
 2002-12-07, 23:13
|
TheSell0ut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
This is a shitty thread.
I will eventually come to the conclusion that popular itself is not a bad thing, I am schizotypical, narcissistic and avoidant. I hate and love you. My moods fluctuate. Yet I'll hate nor love you. Its difficult to exist when you think about it. Popular is not bad, unless everyone is bad. We must realize that we all share some common wants, needs, and lusts.
|
|
#16
 2002-12-07, 23:52
|
IKICKASS 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
Goths can blow me! Not literally though. They are all dumb-ass "rebels" (people that try to be rebelious can blow me to) because they want to be different. Assholes!
Whoever reads this, and is a goth, I HOPE SOME RANDOM GUY CASTRATES YOU WITH A STICK. BITCH!
|
|
#17
 2002-12-08, 00:02
|
UrMom 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
It's idiodic to even try to catgorize people by looks. To really judge a person you have to observe them and get to know them as a friend. I will, however, agree that being a "non-conformist" to fit in is simply dumb. I don't really care what people catagorize me as or what my friends are catagorized as. I hang out with people I like and not simply a group. Also, being your "own person" can be exactly the same. If you do it simply to "be your own person" then thats pointless. On the other hand, if you dress how you like and that style makes you "your own person" then that is fine. People should simply do what they truly want to.
|
|
#18
 2002-12-08, 00:12
|
Squarepants 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
The funniest thing ever was when the principal at my school rounded up all the freaky dressing kids into the library and gave them a talk about how they frightened the junior-high schoolers and how they were a distraction to others and how he wanted his school to look 'neat'. He said 'gothic' like he was spitting something out. He's a stereotypical Alabama man with deep Christian roots, and to see him trying to figure out why everybody had black fingernails and tons of silver jewelry was funny ("I need to come find y'all and y'all's chains y'all got on next time I get my truck stuck in the mud")... I was in the library at the time, i was wearing my combat boots and some black jeans and a Metallica shirt and I have long hair, the principal made me sit over there because he figured I was one of the few, the proud, the Gothic  . Anyways, just let em exist and make fun of them if it makes you feel better, after a couple of years they will most likely drift on to another social group or commit suicide, that's my opinion.
|
|
#19
 2002-12-08, 04:41
|
eXtacy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
i think that most goths are how they are, not friendly all that stuff, because they are not used to opening up to people, they dont like being around all of them and being just another person
|
|
#20
 2002-12-08, 05:21
|
themagmasher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
Well the first problem is that people have destroyed the true meanings of words. For example: Goth - A member of a germanic tribe living on the danube existing from the years of 200 to 714 AD. One of the first tribes to sack Rome after it's slow demise thereby ending most order in the ancient world and contributing to the down fall of the ancient world into the chaos and filth ridden time known as the dark ages. Anarchist - A person who does not believe that there should be a government but rather that there should be a subsistence way of life. How these terms came to be associated with people who have been described previously in this thread is beyond me. I have nothing against the people you refer to as goths as long as they don't do extremely unreasonable things just for attention. A supposed Goth at our shcool slammed a kid into a wall and threatened to slit his throat for looking at him the wrong way. That is unreasonable. However, other clicks seem to be guilty of unreasonable behavior. Just because someone is rich doesn't mean that they are above everyone else. Our society has many problems, the top 2 being ignorance and intolerance. If your rebelling, know what you are actually rebelling against. Don't tell me that your part of a germanic tribe living on the danube river. Also don't threaten me for being intolerant just because I'm utilitarian and don't act as you do. Who cares if you are intolerant. If you have a problem with an intolerant person, then guess what chief -YOU ARE TOO.
|
|
#21
 2002-12-08, 05:24
|
Zero_the_Hero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
quote: Originally posted by JakeTakeoko: The term Gotic refers to a time in the early 1500's ( time frame might be wrong) . It was a time when evrybody was depressed, and disease was everywhre. I think 'gothic' kids watch too many vampire movies and get the idea that it is cool.
1800's and had more to do with copying royalty. Got it's name from the barbarian tribes (visigoths and ostragoths) from the Transylvania-area. *nods at himself* The children feel better about themselves by calling themselves outcasts and dressing wierd. If it makes them happy, let 'em do it, that simple. Retrospectivly, if it makes you happy to make fun of them and/or beat them up with a hockey stick, by all means, go ahead.
|
|
#22
 2002-12-08, 05:26
|
eXtacy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
quote: Originally posted by themagmasher: Don't tell me that your part of a germanic tribe living on the danube river.
that made me laugh
|
|
#23
 2002-12-08, 06:26
|
The pharmacist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
Who gives a goddamn fuck what color your hair is, what label you have on your shirt and jeans, what fuckin car you drive and if it is sitting on "20"s. Who gives a fuck if your fat, if you have fuckin zits everywhere? What your fuckin bank account has in it? It's all irrelevant when you get to the lowest common denomenator.If someone reaches out their hand because they need help, either pull them up or chew it the fuck off. "goth" "prep" "jock" "suit" "junkie" FUCK THE WHOLE WORLD AND DON"T FORGET AND LEAVE ME OUT. FUCK US ALL
|
|
#24
 2002-12-08, 09:24
|
Serj 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
quote: Originally posted by MyUsername: Alright... I don't have anything against goths or anything. The only thing that bothers me is this. MOST people who consider themselves goths are fat, ugly, nerdy people who everyone else made fun of. Did you ever talk to them? They won't shut up talking about their little tiny bullshit problems. Let's take people in my school for example. A little group always wears black. They all look like shit. When you listen to their little problems it is sooo pathetic. They're 17 year old girls still giggling about their first kiss like 11 year olds. If you wanna be goth, go ahead and do it. But not if you're just some reject. Those people are just asking for an ass kicking.
True goths I really don't mind. But these are just kids who think they're badass when they listen to Slipknot and make everyone else know that they're not liked. *PUKE!*
god dam i would like to punch these fucking posers who think slipknot is gothic. If those kids were truely gothic they would be listening to cradle of filth and other True gothic bands. I agree with u these kids sound like the bigest bunch of posers Serj
|
|
#25
 2002-12-08, 10:52
|
Kente 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
quote: Originally posted by The pharmacist: Who gives a goddamn fuck what color your hair is, what label you have on your shirt and jeans, what fuckin car you drive and if it is sitting on "20"s. Who gives a fuck if your fat, if you have fuckin zits everywhere? What your fuckin bank account has in it? It's all irrelevant when you get to the lowest common denomenator.If someone reaches out their hand because they need help, either pull them up or chew it the fuck off. "goth" "prep" "jock" "suit" "junkie" FUCK THE WHOLE WORLD AND DON"T FORGET AND LEAVE ME OUT. FUCK US ALL
Now thats exactly the kind of thing I meant when I bitched about people who spout every cliche they can as a mask of individualism. I've heard that fuck labels speech spoken several times, almost verbatim.
|
|
#26
 2002-12-08, 13:04
|
Mallute 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
quote:
Originally posted by Pink Spid3r People need to stop watching MTV and live. I hate these little 10 year old girls on AIM, and in their profile they have like, "OMG OMG! JOHN! I LUV U!" I just hate that. When I was 10, I was busy looking at comics and worrying about if I missed the Batman cartoon episode that day. I am 14 now, and yeah, I think about that. The youth is growing up to fast. I think most of the music that is popular out in this thing called a "Society" is fake. The acts are fake, the attitude is fake. It digusts me.
I agree with you Spid3r, MTV never really amounted to anything but something for the preppy kids to follow...the youth is growing up too fast...I hear 5 year olds say more curse words than I do, its pretty pathetic
|
|
#27
 2002-12-08, 13:09
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
Okay...Basically i am on the fence with this one: On one hand, i am agreeing with what this dude is saying because I walk around nowadays and see all these dopey little kiddies dressed like freaks with all the black clothes and the white make-up and it makes me sick. I have been listening to metal since i was only a little nipper and I have always loved it...But these days, with the coming of Nu-metal and the pop-punk and shit like that, I find myself becoming sick of the new followers. When i would sit in class and listen to black sabbath, metallica, pantera, etc, people would make fun of me. These are the same people who, now, are "goths" and "grungas" and it makes me sick because they think they have real problems when they are the source of them. For example, i see the fat kids sitting eating tonnes of chocolate wondering why they are fat and feeling sorry for themselves. I see the lonely ones sitting alone and telling all who try to be nice (including myself) to "fuck off". I hate them all! But on the other hand, I say let them get on with it. They want to be different (even though it isn't different anymore because it is a fasion) so let them be what they want to be. The way i see it, if people wouldn't accept me for who i was back then, why should i be like the ones who used to beat the shit out of me for liking a different type of music?
To summarise this heap of shit I have just written: I think it's good that they are comfortable being "different" and "making a statement" (against who or what are they making a statement i ask?)...I mean apparently we are free so why not just excercise our right to freedom. (This is part of what I am writing but also a message to any "goths" reading): It's not my thing (dressing like a dick and being grim all the time) so don't make me feel inferior for what i want to do and please, for the love of god, don't tell me I don't like real metal when the only bands you've heard are fucking murderdolls and cradle of filth...i am not a metaller, goth, mosher, enter-other-stupid-name-here, i am me...i like metal and i dress like me.
Do what you want to do but don't push it into peoples' faces.
PsYCHO!!!
|
|
#28
 2002-12-08, 13:45
|
Mallute 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
quote: Originally posted by psycho_8b I have been listening to metal since i was only a little nipper and I have always loved it...But these days, with the coming of Nu-metal and the pop-punk and shit like that, I find myself becoming sick of the new followers.
Once again I find myself, agreeing....I may not be very old and I tend to listen to music much older than I......The rap,pop, and hip-hop stuff is too new and far too annoying for me to handle. [This message has been edited by Mallute (edited 12-08-2002).]
|
|
#29
 2002-12-08, 19:24
|
RagnarokRevenant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
I know the end of this forum was probably finished already but i want to add a quote I made on my own time to make a good ending, this quote explains what i think we've all been arguing about [from my perspective]:
"The grimness of the inept world brings the relativity to become known as absurd but is sought as refuge when fear of a certain point of perfection has been reached"
Revenant Out
|
|
#30
 2002-12-09, 02:13
|
syphon detonator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Goth Kids.... SUCK!
i would also like to quote someone
"they might waste money at hot topic but i would love to bang a hot little goth chick" ~syphon detonator
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|