About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-30, 00:46
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Crying at the movies

I was just watching Harry Potter & The Sorcerers Stone, and cried three times, the first two weren't much but a bit of eye watering but the last left atleast two tears rolling down my cheek.
This isn't the first time I've cried watching a film, definitly won't be the last.
It seems like I cry alot during movies, the last notable one was Con Air(at the end).
Strangly enough, I didn't cry during Titanic(infact I laughed as Leonardo drowned).
So whats the latest tearjerker you saw?
 #2 
Old 2002-11-30, 00:54
midas_the_happy_canadian midas_the_happy_canadian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

the only movie that made me cry was the movie "of mice and men." a guy has to kill his best friend who's mentally handicapped. I strongly reccomend reading the book by John Steinbeck.

-------------------- ---------------------
 #3 
Old 2002-11-30, 01:00
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

quote:
Originally posted by TheSell0ut:
I was just watching Harry Potter & The Sorcerers Stone, and cried three times, the first two weren't much but a bit of eye watering but the last left atleast two tears rolling down my cheek.
This isn't the first time I've cried watching a film, definitly won't be the last.
It seems like I cry alot during movies, the last notable one was Con Air(at the end).
Strangly enough, I didn't cry during Titanic(infact I laughed as Leonardo drowned).
So whats the latest tearjerker you saw?



Kung Pow made me cry. It hurt to realize I spent nine bucks on that movie.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-30, 01:28
Iscariot Iscariot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

The Green Mile kinda made me cry...
Harry Potter?
 #5 
Old 2002-11-30, 01:31
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

I cried during Hunchback of Notre Dame
 #6 
Old 2002-11-30, 01:39
Malignant Malignant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

I cried when i saw the preview for Godzilla 2000.

--Malignant
 #7 
Old 2002-11-30, 01:55
Anthrit Neo Onyrovato Anthrit Neo Onyrovato is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

I get up and sing during movies it makes me feel happy.
More on Topic: http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum3/HTML/006272.html
 #8 
Old 2002-11-30, 02:01
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Crying at the movies

the only movie i have ever cried in ... and im a guy is the movie "rudy" i came close in the green mile but i chocked it up lol damn im ashamed of myself....


but i suggest seeing rudy it is a very good movie about a kid who is disfigured from a disease called elphantitus (sp?) and he has a crack whore for a mom his mom was played by "sher"
it is a very good movie i recomened it to all
 #9 
Old 2002-11-30, 02:07
A_M_P A_M_P is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

Never cried, but the closest I've ever come was the ending of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Go watch it.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-30, 02:11
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

The only movie I have cried at was The Perfect Storm and The bear when I was a little kid.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-30, 02:12
poostew poostew is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

awwwww... kung pow is funny!! I love that show! 'chosen one! whhhhhhhh!'

lol.......gotta see it to understand it..
 #12 
Old 2002-11-30, 02:51
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

I cried at The Green Mile as well. That was an awesome movie.
I thought the scene where the big guy kisess the crazy woman was very odd. I'm not sure why though.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-30, 02:57
diabolik diabolik is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

if you cry, not a big deal.
but this goes out to all you people who like to be vocally into the movie.

fuck off and die.

I just got back from the ring, which was fucking insanely cool, except the movie was packed with 14 year olds who screamed every time the phone rang and whispered real obvious things to their friends like "thats the girl" after she's appeared 5 times..
 #14 
Old 2002-11-30, 03:11
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

I've never been to a theatre in my life.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-30, 03:13
diabolik diabolik is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

dont get out much do ya
 #16 
Old 2002-11-30, 03:21
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

quote:
Originally posted by diabolik:
dont get out much do ya


I know people who get out as much as I do, yet they've been.

I'm not sure why I've never been, but I haven't.
Plus theres not a theatre thats close.
 #17 
Old 2002-11-30, 03:24
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Crying at the movies

hey SellOut just curious not to be offencive in any way but are you male or female ?
 #18 
Old 2002-11-30, 05:26
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

quote:
the only movie that made me cry was the movie "of mice and men." a guy has to kill his best friend who's mentally handicapped. I strongly reccomend reading the book by John Steinbeck


biggest waste of time i've ever spent reading. that book was written on a third grade level.

i've never cried at the movies... i can't; the fact that anything in a movie was planned out, acted out(usually very badly, fuck, are movies getting worse and worse and less and less entertaining or is it just me?), re-acted out (very badly, probably worse than the original take), and then edited makes it difficult to feel any emotion toward it. then the fact that if i did i would know i'm only being manipulated by some terrible actor that at more than one point was horribly acting while scantily clad...
 #19 
Old 2002-11-30, 06:05
SwampThing SwampThing is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

The one and only movie I ever cried during was when I was six or seven during Transformers The Movie. When Optimus died, and when "You Got The Touch" plays during the scene where Hotrod becomes the leader of the Autobots. Damn good movie that was.
 #20 
Old 2002-11-30, 08:40
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

shawshank redemption (when brooks died)

(E T )when the alien almost died

(Green mile)

(the bear) when the mummy dies

(white fang) when white fang is ill

(land before time 1) when the slow one dies
---------------------------------------------

i seem to realise i cry too much for a 7-16 year old
 #21 
Old 2002-11-30, 08:59
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

quote:
Originally posted by CRaZyAmishMaN:

i've never cried at the movies... i can't; the fact that anything in a movie was planned out, acted out(usually [b]very badly
, fuck, are movies getting worse and worse and less and less entertaining or is it just me?), re-acted out (very badly, probably worse than the original take), and then edited makes it difficult to feel any emotion toward it. then the fact that if i did i would know i'm only being manipulated by some terrible actor that at more than one point was horribly acting while scantily clad... [/B]


Sounds like you've been watching a little too much porno.
I had to hold back a tear during vanilla sky... I was depressed and the film made me think about my existence....not a good thing.
I cried during Donnie Darko.... not full on breaking down, but a tear ran down my cheek.
Thats it, films like Titanic and The Green Mile, where they really try to cause emotion like that dont work.
 #22 
Old 2002-11-30, 10:33
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

Movies Renegade has cried in.

Titanic
Cast Away - last night
Notting Hill
Rocky
Batteries Not Included
E.T.
Deep Impact
Armageddon
Gladiator
Spartacus
Ben Hur
Forest Gump

Peace Renegade,
 #23 
Old 2002-11-30, 11:05
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

Movies Kamikaze ("ala Renegade") has cried in.

Titanic
Homeward Bound
Gladiator
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile (I'm talkin waterworks)
Any movie where a dog is killed (hey, Dogs are the shit.)
A:I (Ok fuck off, I hate Osmond too but the story isn't bad)

Only recent movies I can remember.

Kung Pow is the shit. Gopherchucks? Gopherchucks!?!?! I think so my friend!
 #24 
Old 2002-11-30, 15:06
Doug-44 Doug-44 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

Titanic i cried when watching, i felt real bad about it, but i to cry when i watch sad movies, when i saw my dog skip i cried.
 #25 
Old 2002-11-30, 15:13
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

quote:
Originally posted by warweed12:
hey SellOut just curious not to be offencive in any way but are you male or female ?


I am male.


Ohh I also got soggy eyed at the death scene in SLC Punk.
Damn Heroin Bob
 #26 
Old 2002-11-30, 15:17
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade:
Movies Renegade has cried in.

Titanic
Cast Away - last night
Notting Hill
Rocky
Batteries Not Included
E.T.
Deep Impact
Armageddon
Gladiator
Spartacus
Ben Hur
Forest Gump

Peace Renegade,



Gladiator was a GREAT movie, it inspired alot in me. Anyone who was untouched by that movie must be completly out of their mind.
Armageddon was a little cheesy in some places but it definitly drew a tear from my eye when Bruce Willis pushed that guy back into the tube thing so he could sacrifice himself.
 #27 
Old 2002-11-30, 15:27
diabolik diabolik is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

quote:

I'm not sure why I've never been, but I haven't.
Plus theres not a theatre thats close.



oh. that sucks.

to be honest you're not missing much, with the way most of the hollywood films are. After watching enough of them you can sit there and predict what happens. Special effects are better on a big screen but other than that the movies are not worth the ticket price.

The main character(s) never die (unless its a predictable death). Love always conquers evil. The small inherit power. Its the same re-written morals over and over again.

there are a few movies which do not fall by these standards, and unfortunately a lot of them don't get the respect they deserve.

Look at Memento. It never made it to a big corporate theatre chain, but is one of the most original movies written in a long time. Just as good, and even less reckognized, is The Following (also directed by Christopher Nolan). Two years later Mr. Nolan releases Insomnia. Insomnia was one of the most predictable movies I've ever seen, and by far Mr. Nolan's worst peice. In turn, it was the only one which was picked up by Paramount and shown everywhere.




[This message has been edited by diabolik (edited 11-30-2002).]
 #28 
Old 2002-11-30, 20:14
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade:
Movies Renegade has cried in.

Titanic
Cast Away - last night
Notting Hill
Rocky
Batteries Not Included
E.T.
Deep Impact
Armageddon
Gladiator
Spartacus
Ben Hur
Forest Gump

Peace Renegade,




These are the reasons why.

Titanic - the old couple together in bed ith the water coming through - all the innocence etc made me sad.

Castaway - He had some horrible luck and all the things going wrong for him made me so sad - it was as if he was getting no where.

Notting Hill - its just love love love.

Rocky - the end scene of rocky beating apollo and the music kicking in.

Batteries Not Included - momma its you !!

E.T. - Elliot telling E.T. he loves him.

Deep Impact - the touching scene of the passover of the baby from mother to daughter.

Armageddon - "permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man i have ever met".

Gladitator - "i will see you again but not yet, not yet" - role the music.

Spartacus - "i am spartacus i am spartacus".

Ben Hur - "I know that man he came and gave me water"

Forest Gump - forest gump jnr giving jennys grave a letter.

Peace Renegade,
 #29 
Old 2002-11-30, 20:38
ardene ardene is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

with all this you didn't cry during saving private ryan. when the kids die all teh scream is htey want there mommy. i would to iv half my body was blwon off
 #30 
Old 2002-11-30, 21:36
Nokutaan Nokutaan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

**WARNING: Post cointains spoiler about Angel Sanctuary**

I've never really cried in a movie... I've been near doing it,though... for example,in Angel Sanctuary,when Sara dies... hmm... no "hollywood" film has done that,though,they just look too fake and predictible(sp?)...
 #31 
Old 2002-11-30, 21:54
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

O ye, castaway i shed a tear.....when he looses his ball dude, i forget his name....
But that really made me feel sad, he lost the only thing that kept him goin..... im welling up
Actually, ive probably come close to crying in loads of films, I just cant remember.... Not at the events happening, but at the symbolism.....
my girlfriend just phoned me.... i miss her
 #32 
Old 2002-11-30, 23:58
Thug_Jones Thug_Jones is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

Hmmm I dont cry in too many movies, but it's not like I havent cried.

-Saving Private Ryan: Not like I was bawling, but the end is pretty sad, everyone dying and being blown up ect.

The Green Mile- A definate one. Very sad.

From Hell- The end is sad.

Hmm, I'll have to think more on this one.
 #33 
Old 2002-12-01, 00:11
deptstoremook deptstoremook is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

I usually don't get too involved in movies

Green Mile - The whole last 1/2 hour had me crying.

Titanic - when the guy dies (oops spoiler :\)
 #34 
Old 2002-12-01, 00:17
Regular
 
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Default Re: Crying at the movies

i cried at free fuckin' willy.

 #35 
Old 2002-12-01, 00:46
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

I remeber crying during one movie, It wasnt because someone died or anything, I really forget why, I was really lil and it was for a really stupid reason, well it wasnt really crying more of that snifflying type.

Damn, cant remeber.
 #36 
Old 2002-12-01, 02:09
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: Crying at the movies

crying is ok, but at harry potter?
 #37 
Old 2002-12-01, 02:45
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Crying at the movies

quote:
Originally posted by warweed12:
the only movie i have ever cried in ... and im a guy is the movie "rudy" i came close in the green mile but i chocked it up lol damn im ashamed of myself....


but i suggest seeing rudy it is a very good movie about a kid who is disfigured from a disease called elphantitus (sp?) and he has a crack whore for a mom his mom was played by "sher"
it is a very good movie i recomened it to all



Dude, that movie was called Mask [Not The Mask, which was that Jim Cary [sp] movie.

I know all about that guy [and I'm ready for a new round of non-believers], because I knew him.

His name was Rockey Dennis [or Rocky, I forget which offhand], He lived in the Azusa/Covina area [suburbs of L.A.]. The school [where I knew him, at least] was Ben Lomond elementary, part of the Covina school systems, which in turn were part of the San Gabriel Valley Unified School District.

In fact, somewhere in my parents big box of photos, is one of me and him and [I don't recall her name] the little girl who was like his self appointed protector. She was like his 'buffer' to the rest of the school kids.

There were a couple of us who went past the way he looked [which, as good as the movie makeup team was, couldn't convey just how bad he really was. For instance, his mouth: His mouth was not normal looking as in the movie; it was circle shaped, with his teeth going most of the way around it].

His name was Rocky Dennis and he was a very kind hearted person who had a remarkably positive look on life.

I didn't hang out with the two of them, though I did for about a month, but I did always stop to say hi, or such. If for no other reason than to show others that some people did treat him like a human being, which may or may not have helped.

The last time I remember seeing him was right after I got my drivers license; As I was driving down one of the main streets I saw him walking. I knew it was him only when I looked into the rear view mirror. I didn't turn around or anything, as it had been many years since I'd seen him last.

It wasn't much longer after which he died, so I understand.


[Oh, BTW, it's 'Cher'.]
 #38 
Old 2002-12-01, 03:16
ScreamOfDeath ScreamOfDeath is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade:
Movies Renegade has cried in.

Titanic
Cast Away - last night
Notting Hill
Rocky
Batteries Not Included
E.T.
Deep Impact
Armageddon
Gladiator
Spartacus
Ben Hur
Forest Gump

Peace Renegade,



"Forest Gump" Is spelled "Forrest Gump". For some reason i'm touchy on that issue. It's probably because of all of the insults that i've recieved due to that movie(My name is Forrest).

 #39 
Old 2002-12-01, 03:21
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

I never have cried at a film, but I got close to at the end of "Man On The Moon" The story of Andy Kaufman, who Jim Carry plays. It was sad at the end.
 #40 
Old 2002-12-01, 03:37
SyntaX ErroR SyntaX ErroR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

ET, The Green Mile, Love Hina: Christmas Special..

love, SyntaX Err0R
 #41 
Old 2002-12-01, 04:04
jsaxton14 jsaxton14 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

How could you cry during cast away!!! Half the movie was about an insane man and the relationship he had with a volleyball. I was annoyed and almost walked out of that movie. Gladiator is by far the best movie that I have ever seen. I have never cried during a movie, but that is probably due to my movie choice. I usually only watch action packed moviez.
 #42 
Old 2002-12-01, 05:10
idlehands idlehands is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

the only real tear jerker ive seen is braveheart
 #43 
Old 2002-12-02, 15:42
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

quote:
Originally posted by idlehands:
the only real tear jerker ive seen is braveheart


That is an awesome movie, made me want to go kill my english mailman and claim Scotland for freedom.
 #44 
Old 2002-12-02, 18:15
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Crying at the movies

quote:
Originally posted by Metaphysicist:
Dude, that movie was called Mask [Not The Mask, which was that Jim Cary [sp] movie.

I know all about that guy [and I'm ready for a new round of non-believers], because I [b]knew
him.

His name was Rockey Dennis [or Rocky, I forget which offhand], He lived in the Azusa/Covina area [suburbs of L.A.]. The school [where I knew him, at least] was Ben Lomond elementary, part of the Covina school systems, which in turn were part of the San Gabriel Valley Unified School District.

In fact, somewhere in my parents big box of photos, is one of me and him and [I don't recall her name] the little girl who was like his self appointed protector. She was like his 'buffer' to the rest of the school kids.

There were a couple of us who went past the way he looked [which, as good as the movie makeup team was, couldn't convey just how bad he really was. For instance, his mouth: His mouth was not normal looking as in the movie; it was circle shaped, with his teeth going most of the way around it].

His name was Rocky Dennis and he was a very kind hearted person who had a remarkably positive look on life.

I didn't hang out with the two of them, though I did for about a month, but I did always stop to say hi, or such. If for no other reason than to show others that some people did treat him like a human being, which may or may not have helped.

The last time I remember seeing him was right after I got my drivers license; As I was driving down one of the main streets I saw him walking. I knew it was him only when I looked into the rear view mirror. I didn't turn around or anything, as it had been many years since I'd seen him last.

It wasn't much longer after which he died, so I understand.


[Oh, BTW, it's 'Cher'.][/B]


oh ok my bad im sorry i for some reason remembered the movie as rudy ... but now that you mention it i remember it was mask

i would have loved to have him as a friend he seemed so friendly and so positive
 #45 
Old 2002-12-07, 02:34
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Crying at the movies

I cried at the end of Titanic. I realized that I had paid for 2 tickets to that peice of crap and wasn't even gonna get a kiss from the girl I was with, and she was a slut.

I did go elsewhere to laugh when DiCrapio died. I didn't want to offend her. Fat lot of good that did.
 #46 
Old 2002-12-07, 02:46
Galvaplex Galvaplex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

I've only cried once during a movie, and that was when Spock died at the end of Star Trek 2.

I cried two other times during a TV show:

Once when Dinobot died at the end of Beast Wars' "Code of Hero". Even for a kids show, that episode was incredibly serious.

Once more during an episode of Star Trek Deep Space Nine. Call me corny, but I cried when the Defiant blew up.
 #47 
Old 2002-12-07, 02:49
bribble13 bribble13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

the only time i ever cried in a movie was when i got multipul......slaps from girls sitting next to me when i made lewd comments about them and the fim.
 #48 
Old 2002-12-07, 05:15
Certijal Certijal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

The only movie that has made me cry is Shrek, but thats because of the music. I'm very sencitive to music. Movies don't really make me feel like crying.
 #49 
Old 2002-12-07, 05:31
Zero_the_Hero Zero_the_Hero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Crying at the movies

Whoa... Someone else cried at Land Before Time 1? I don't fel alone anymore!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics