About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-28, 15:55
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default - Why I Hate Thanksgiving -

On this day of plentiful harvest (which apparently changes dates every year)
We gather here to eat lots of food and horrible food (such as broiled turkey) and throw hints as to what we want for Christmas and how we hate each other.
At our dinner tables we will complain about our brother-in-laws, our sister-in-laws, our grandparents, mother, father, sister, brother, cousin, aunt, uncle and so on.
If it�s a perfect catholic Thanksgiving, we will get drunk and fight.
If it�s a perfect protestant Thanksgiving we will slur under our breath- in an attempt to soften the blow of our words and insult our victim's intelligence.

If you're in my family though, you'll sit around, NOT get drunk (because we're never sure who is the biggest Protestant in the family), throw vague and subtle insults under the guise of a "joke", insist upon talking about deer hunting, guns, Michael Bolton (in favour) and eat whipped cream on yams while complaining that MY music sucks and "Nelly rules!�


[This message has been edited by TheSell0ut (edited 11-28-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-11-28, 16:34
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: - Why I Hate Thanksgiving -

quote:
If it�s a perfect catholic Thanksgiving, we will get drunk


Yeah that pretty much sums up my Thanksgiving.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-28, 16:39
r0k r0k is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: - Why I Hate Thanksgiving -

on my thangsgiving we have family orgys but the only time i get drunk on thanksgiving is when my grandma visits for soem reason she always goes to me first
 #4 
Old 2002-11-28, 16:40
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: - Why I Hate Thanksgiving -

quote:
Originally posted by silencer:
Yeah that pretty much sums up my Thanksgiving.


I wish I was catholic especially for that reason.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-28, 16:56
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: - Why I Hate Thanksgiving -

My parents basted a ham in honey, cider, and brandy. I don't hsve to deal with Uncles, Aunts or Cousins this year. There is extra stuffing in the oven.

I'm a happy camper.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-28, 17:45
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: - Why I Hate Thanksgiving -

Our Thanksgiving is relatively good except we have to make alternatives because the damn Greeks won't eat turkey, so we have to cook a ham for them. Nonetheless, we have turkey and ham. Though I find the Greeks in my family as anti-social and stuck-up.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-28, 17:59
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: - Why I Hate Thanksgiving -

I, too, am a happy camper. I just ignore my family, and pig out.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-28, 18:13
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: - Why I Hate Thanksgiving -

Just go out for Thanksgiving dinner. 'Dear God, thank you for the South Coast Plaza, and the drunk sluts at the mall'
 #9 
Old 2002-11-28, 18:22
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: - Why I Hate Thanksgiving -

I don't know about you fellas, but I enjoy celebrating Indian Massacre Day. I'm not sure if I got that phrase from someone else or made it up. No, seriously now, I can see your point of view of why Thanksgiving can suck. This year its a terrible day, because of personal reasons, but normally I enjoy the holiday. I digress.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-28, 18:31
0 0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: - Why I Hate Thanksgiving -

Vive le revolution against Thanksgiving !!!
 #11 
Old 2002-11-28, 18:55
LCDforMe LCDforMe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: - Why I Hate Thanksgiving -

Just dont go to the party if u hate it so much
 #12 
Old 2002-11-28, 23:30
CallMeBob CallMeBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: - Why I Hate Thanksgiving -

Its thanks giving I am home alone listening to "What the fuck is that" as my family puts it and I couldnt be happier. I hate geting together with my family even though theyre alright sometimes Id rather talk to my fat cat then them right now. ALL AGAINST THANKS GIVING.
Food isnt that good anyhow
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics