About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-27, 14:40
roninzero roninzero is offline
Regular
 
Default LEGOS!

anyone remember legos? whatever happened to them? they used to be cool, now all they are is starwars and...well starwars is the only thing i can think of. but remember the M-Tron and B-Tron legos? Pirates, knights, cities? Playong godzilla using your dog? and are lego people supposed to be asian? theyre yellow (no offense)... any ideas?
 #2 
Old 2002-11-27, 14:46
Regular
 
Mission Viejo CA USA
Default Re: LEGOS!

legos were awesome that was all that i ever wanted for christmas, ever

i still have all mine, i used to build the craziest shit

SenorJesucristo

[This message has been edited by SenorJesucristo (edited 11-27-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-11-27, 15:07
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: LEGOS!

I still build crazy shit. Sitting in the middle of my bedroom is a multi-level space outpost, constructed in black and transparent green, Blacktron-style.

I always bought the space stuff and the castle stuff. Interesting combo. Dragons with lasers and whatnot.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-27, 15:13
pyro918v pyro918v is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: LEGOS!

legos were the bomb.. i used to sit down and play with them for hours and make weird stuff as well... i still have half of mine... my mom tried throwing away all of them when i wuz 10 cuz i played with them to much...
 #5 
Old 2002-11-27, 15:15
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: LEGOS!

I think lego is one of the most amazingly popular toys ever invented..

I don't know ANYONE who didn't love lego..

personally, my brother and I had a huge box full of the stuff.. lego technic, fabuland, space stuff, all kinds of shit.. I think my parents still have it..

And we played with it for a looong time..
 #6 
Old 2002-11-27, 15:25
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: LEGOS!

I always loved playing with my legos, and I still do. The difference being that now, I open a whole new world of discovery by playing with them while intoxicated. Good, clean, All-American fun.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-27, 15:34
poostew poostew is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: LEGOS!

legos rule! I still have all mine. my mom tried to throw them away or give them to a surplus store but i wouldnt let her.

the star wars stuff sucks. My favorites were the space police, the pirates, and the city guys.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-27, 16:08
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: LEGOS!

I still build fucking awesome creations with this huge ass box of legos. I even made a box for my cpu....heh..
 #9 
Old 2002-11-27, 16:15
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: LEGOS!

did anyone ever buy the pink/barbieish legos? i remember seeing them in the booklets that came with everyone lego toy you bought but i never remember seeing one in real life. i used to have te biggest battles with my brothers. but damn they designed them like landmines. one lego car in a dark room that you have to cross....you are guaranteed to step on it and scream.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-27, 16:22
Askr Askr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: LEGOS!

Yeah! I loved legos... I should go find mine, I'm sure I still have them. Hey, whatever happened to the standard normal multi-colored legos? You could build anything out of all those differnt shapes sizes and colors. Now all I ever see kids with are thoes like lego sets or something where they give you pieces and instructions and your sapposed to build something specific. Its not like a toy anymore, more like a model The old standard legos were the best thing in the world to play with. My favorite toy of all time, no contest.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-27, 16:45
roninzero roninzero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: LEGOS!

am i the only one eho gets an intense sense on nostalgia when reading this?
 #12 
Old 2002-11-27, 16:46
pyro918v pyro918v is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: LEGOS!

quote:
Originally posted by Armed&Angry:
I always loved playing with my legos, and I still do. The difference being that now, I open a whole new world of discovery by playing with them while intoxicated. Good, clean, All-American fun.


lol ive done that before... good times..
my favorite types of legos were the space ones and their wuz the winter type ones? cant remember wut they were called... it wuz fun getting the huge ones and trying to put them together..
 #13 
Old 2002-11-27, 16:49
pyro918v pyro918v is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: LEGOS!

quote:
Originally posted by roninzero:
am i the only one eho gets an intense sense on nostalgia when reading this?


im havin that feeling to ronin.. it makes me wanna find them and start building somethin
 #14 
Old 2002-11-27, 16:54
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: LEGOS!

I get very nostalgic everytime I'm around a 286 or 486.
Or anytime I hear a computer dialing up to the internet. It's soo wow..

Euphoric..LoL.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-27, 17:28
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: LEGOS!

I still mess with legos. My whole room now consists of a base that I made. It took me about 3 months to build.
 #16 
Old 2002-11-27, 17:32
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: LEGOS!

I always loved lego as a child. I sort of still like them today. It was only a few months ago, in fact, that i took a nephew and niece down to legoland. Its pretty cool down there actually, the only problem is- all the stuff is so big, you could never build the sorts of things they had with your own lego. But its still a good place to visit- Soph and Adam really enjoyed the dragon kiddy coaster and they liked seeing me getting soaked on the log flume because the water flew right over them.

Oh- to be a kid again.

Chunk
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics