About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-23, 01:41
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default a view of reality

We eat, sleep and drink reality.
We rely on this reality to be true, for eternity.
Few of us can survive multiple realities, or the many different worlds in our minds...Do you ever wish your mind was concrete and stubborn? Do you ever wish you had a stronger hold on reality?
 #2 
Old 2002-11-23, 01:49
Tazer Daddy Tazer Daddy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

reality is what we make it. something is only real if we believe it is. who said that the reality in which we live is real? the only reason it is our reality is it is what we have all been brought up to believe. if we all believed that we were fish and fish were humans then that would be real. reality is only what we want it to be so if we are ever not happy with reality then do something about it. change the way you think about things and that will be your new reality.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-23, 02:00
Hootie McBoobity Hootie McBoobity is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

Reality is fluid, and we all live in slightly different realities. all possible realities exist, and we shift from one to the other by the choices we make.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-23, 02:05
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

Thats the point, actually my point is, when you get beyond that, you are stuck in different realities.
Anyway...
 #5 
Old 2002-11-23, 02:20
Hootie McBoobity Hootie McBoobity is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

Well, if anything, I wish I had a looser hold on reality. I'd rather be able to go back and forth between realities ay will.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-23, 03:03
phat_dogg9 phat_dogg9 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

is anyone gunna take a crack at endoreality

heard enough about exoreality
 #7 
Old 2002-11-23, 03:08
somerlost somerlost is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

With my illness, bipolar II, I often wish for much less reality. Thus the excessive use of alcohol, drugs, sleeping just to hide, and suicide attempts. I know I'm not alone in those indulgences. Recurrent, severe depression is a real bitch. Hypo-mania on the other hand is like mucho cocaine, without the comedown 30-60 minutes later. Sooner or later the piper must be paid, unfortunately. Both periods are reality for me at the time of their occurance. Then there is the time inbetween when life is just life with all its joys and annoinces. I sense that the first question posed here is really asking if there are alternate universes/ dimensions. Perhaps there are. Maybe a journey to the time travel posts is in order. Or a rereading of Bizarro-Superman.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-23, 03:21
Hootie McBoobity Hootie McBoobity is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

Interesting. I'm bipolar, and maybe I wish for access to other realities so I can ditch this one when things are bad, and then come back once they are better.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-23, 03:22
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

Eh, reality is SUBJECTIVE. I'm too tired to support this.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-23, 03:27
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

My idea isn't to speak on whats real or not.
Rather its to decide how you can best deal with your reality.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-23, 03:29
phat_dogg9 phat_dogg9 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

learn about endoreality

if you want to escape from reality it can be just as real enterin the internal reality of the mind

just read around a bit on the internet and it isn't to hard to ditch this life

whos to say what is real
 #12 
Old 2002-11-23, 03:33
Hootie McBoobity Hootie McBoobity is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

I see a lot of sites that don't tell me much. Post some good links to endoreality sites, what I see so far looks pretty interesting.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-23, 04:29
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

Deal with imagination? Imagine.
 #14 
Old 2002-11-23, 17:25
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

quote:
Originally posted by Z3m:
Eh, reality is SUBJECTIVE. I'm too tired to support this.


Why on Earth do you think that? Not flaming, just asking. Unless of course by this you mean that there is a single objective reality and we all view it with different preconceptions and biases, thus making our PERCEPTION subjective.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-24, 02:37
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: a view of reality

Reality is intangible. It is just a construct of our finite minds. Reality is just a term, invented by man, to describe that which he percieves. Reality is only what I think it is. I may choose to believe that there are hundreds of people sitting before computers reading this, and that makes them a part of my reality. Former experiences tell me that the world is full of people, so I accept the logic that there are other thinking, living beings out there.
 #16 
Old 2002-11-24, 03:04
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

I am getting bored of the whole, 'reality is what you make it.'
I am just as bored of the whole, 'reality is permanent.'
Lets say its both, or neither.
 #17 
Old 2002-11-24, 05:18
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

What? And fall back on the Neither-neither princicple?!

Well, ok. I'll buy that for a dollar!
 #18 
Old 2002-11-24, 06:38
Anthrit Neo Onyrovato Anthrit Neo Onyrovato is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a view of reality

The Anthrit Quest is another reality I come from.
 #19 
Old 2002-11-24, 08:23
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: a view of reality

quote:
Originally posted by Z3m:
Eh, reality is SUBJECTIVE. I'm too tired to support this.


So if I murder you and you don't believe it, your not really dead. Right?

Even if everybody in the world thought the moon was made of green cheese, it wouldn't change the fact that it's not.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics