About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-20, 20:53
jsaxton14 jsaxton14 is offline
Regular
 
Default It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

Friends, I have some tragic news to bring you all. In case you haven't heard, the Homeland Security Act (HSA) passed through the U.S. Senate by a margin of 90-9. (What is amazing is that the Senators were able to read and analyze this 400+ page document in such a short amount of time, unless they approved it without reading it, but surely our Senators are more responsible than that, right?) The new department will merge 22 agencies with combined budgets of about $40 billion and employ 170,000 workers; the largest federal reorganization since the Defense Department was created after WWII.

The HSA will also create the Information Awareness Office. The goal of John Poindexter and his fellow tyrants is to basically see all and know all about every single American citizen. However, he will concentrate his efforts against patriotic freethinking Americans who exercise their right of free speech guaranteed by the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Poindexter will not let anything stand in his way about knowing everything about you, including the fourth amendment. Once they find out you are involved with a site like totse, that promotes the freedom of speech and ideas rather than becoming a pawn of the government, you will be screwed. Poindexter (a convicted felon) and his department will immediately begin monitoring you constantly. You will have no privacy. Phone calls, e-mails, internet usage, what you eat, when you sleep, what you watch on TV, what you did for your daughter's birthday, how many times you and your wife made love in the past 3 months, I could go on forever. Poindexter, who was caught shredding official documents, will know more about you than you or anybody else will know about yourself.

I for one cannot stand the fact that the American government feels it is necessary to fight terrorism by taking away Constitutional rights from law abiding American citizens. That is why I am protesting, and I am urging the rest of totse's members to do the same. First of all, I am going to abstain from lunch until this bill is struck down or the Supreme Court upholds this tyrannical and unconstitutional bill. This will let the American people know that they have been betrayed by their government yet again and will also increase the opposition to this outrageous bill. I will also be writing to each of my senators and my representative, criticizing them for approving something they never even read and assuring them that they will not receive my vote in 2004. I am currently making anti-IAO t-shirts, and will be wearing them quite often to help bring awareness to this noble cause. I will also be contacting my local amnesty international branch. I will tell them of our oppression and urge them to take action, although I am opposed to almost every single action they take and wouldn't expect them to do anything since we are Americans. Also, Nox is no longer the enemy, John Poindexter is, so at the bottom of all my posts I shall now proudly display the signature !!!JOHN POINDEXTER IS THE ENEMY!!!!.

Our freedoms are under fire again. Like our forefathers, we must fight to preserve these basic rights, and quite possibly freedom itself. I know I will not stand idly by, and I hope you won't either.


!!!!JOHN POINDEXTER IS THE ENEMY!!!!


[This message has been edited by jsaxton14 (edited 11-21-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-11-20, 20:58
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

poor timing, right before thanksgiving break and all... i'll put up posters in the bathroom stalls, where u have nothing to do but read it.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-20, 21:13
HomerJay603 HomerJay603 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

I agree.
The HSA is another in a long trail of federal laws that clearly say "We are the federal government and we are not required to follow the constitution in any way."
To cite examples to show this pattern, I will state 2 bills (both later repealed through judicial review):
The CDA (communications decency act)
and...........
The COPA (child's online protection act)

Both seeking to censor the internet of so-called "indecent" material.
Although these bills do not seek to achieve the same ends as the HSA, they do illistrate that for years the us congress has had NO regard for our highest law. The HSA is another one of those instances. This law must be stopped. This law must be stopped now.

!!!!JOHN POINDEXTER IS THE EMEMY!!!!

Homer
 #4 
Old 2002-11-20, 21:51
lifezucks lifezucks is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

Our freedoms are under fire again. Like our forefathers, we must fight to preserve these basic rights, and quite possibly freedom itself. I know I will not stand idly by, and I hope you won't either.
____________________________________________

I Agree. These rights are being taken away slowly.You have to ask yourself which is more important. This decision is extremely easy for me. I Will not idly stand by either. I realy don't expect a full fledged revolt against the goverment.Because American citizens don't even watch the acts of congress or barely any action of the goverment. What will you do to keep these rights.

-kick ass
 #5 
Old 2002-11-24, 07:30
ksandre ksandre is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms


>> I Agree. These rights are being taken away >> slowly. <snip>

That was then. This is now.

There's nothing slow about the theft by this homeboy security act. It's the capstone.

Are conpiracy theorists cassandras?

Start with Eisenhower's statement at the end of his presidency....


=k=

 #6 
Old 2002-11-24, 14:40
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

You can defend your rights a lot better with a firearm than with rhetoric and peaceful protest. Look at Jesus, Gandhi, MLK; All of them were killed. You can't exercise rights if you're dead, and a jack booted thug can't take you away if he's dead. Defend your freedom; Arm yourself not with virtue, knowledge, ethics, or any ideal like that but rather with effective weapons.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-24, 18:01
ScrewThirdHeartbeat ScrewThirdHeartbeat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

Never trust anyone named poindexter...
 #8 
Old 2002-11-24, 19:21
joeblow joeblow is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

I know this is pessimistic but is it really worth it to try and save America or just move to the carribean?
 #9 
Old 2002-11-24, 20:02
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

America is not worth saving. We can already be considered hell.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-24, 20:20
likuidsmoke likuidsmoke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO/Paranoid.htm

creepy, if you click the logo it takes you to a MILITARY web site. there are very few department seals that incorporate the pyramid and the eye like this. take note, An eye is upon you.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-24, 21:14
Evolved Evolved is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

quote:
Originally posted by jsaxton14:
I am going to abstain from lunch until this bill is struck down or the Supreme Court upholds this tyrannical and unconstitutional bill.


I can see that the heart is there, but do you really think skipping lunch will make any difference to the American Government?

When a Government can watch you take a turd without you even knowing, you know that this world is going to hell. I say, just go with the flow, don't look before crossing the street, drink and take drugs as much as you like, drive as fast as you can, jump off high places; and if you die in the process, then it's just a bit of bad luck.

Why not try and get employed by the Government in this field? The best way to hide from a system like this is to control the system.

Looks like soon we will all be stars of Big Brother...
 #12 
Old 2002-11-24, 22:56
MYeyescansee MYeyescansee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

the best thing that could possibly happen is a nationwide effort to IMPEACH BUSH.
ANY studentof history can see this has been a replay of the Burning of the Reichstag which enabled HITLERS rise to power.
I suppose it is only a BONUS that PRESCOTT BUSH was a BANKER for HITLER during WW2.
No wonder the process was so clear of roadblocks; they learned from history, too.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-24, 23:12
MSW2006 MSW2006 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

It seems to me, that now, we can no longer control or recieve mercy from our own government. I believe now, is the time, to ask ourselves if it is time to take up arms against our own government?
 #14 
Old 2002-11-24, 23:22
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

quote:
Originally posted by beatmeofficer:
You can defend your rights a lot better with a firearm than with rhetoric and peaceful protest. Look at Jesus, Gandhi, MLK; All of them were killed. You can't exercise rights if you're dead, and a jack booted thug can't take you away if he's dead. Defend your freedom; Arm yourself not with virtue, knowledge, ethics, or any ideal like that but rather with effective weapons.


I agree with beatmeofficer. Now granted, the time certainly isn't right for direct action right now. So long as the democratic system functions, there is hope. But arm yourself nonetheless, if for no other reason than deterrence. Make it clear that America will fight against tyranny, and perhaps we won't have to.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-24, 23:31
MSW2006 MSW2006 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you. I think we need to take up arms against the government. We've lost enough freedoms now, and, since we still have the ability to bear arms, why not take them up now and fight back, so we won't have to struggle to get ahold of weapons in the first place?
 #16 
Old 2002-11-25, 00:05
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

quote:
Originally posted by beatmeofficer:
You can defend your rights a lot better with a firearm than with rhetoric and peaceful protest. Look at Jesus, Gandhi, MLK; All of them were killed.


Jesus, Ghandi and MLK made a point, and people still remember them.

A handful of psychos crash planes into the WTC and what happens? More security bullshit.

Orson Wells was so right, it's scary.
 #17 
Old 2002-11-25, 03:04
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

You guys sound like Libertarians.....
Supporting the LP is the only possible way we will see positive changes in America anytime soon. www.lp.org
 #18 
Old 2002-11-25, 23:07
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

I am indeed a Libertarian, although I typically spell it with a small "l"; the part is SERIOUSLY pissing me off these days.

As for taking up arms now, I think any rebellion would be short-lived and unpopular. The common people of America still believe that their government, while flawed, is the arbiter of good. The War on Terror has only united the masses in support of the tyrants. Those few individuals who bear a firearm and prepare to defend their liberties with it are decried as cranks and paranoid rednecks.

No, my friends, an armed uprising is pointless, at least right now. It would be crushed, and the people would applaud every bloody execution carried out in the name of the State. Better to arm ourselves and prepare for the day when, despite their best efforts, the tyrants become overconfident and slip up in full view of the American public, ala Watergate. Then we can win this revolution without firing a shot. Even if the rulers attempt to compensate with further tyranny, we can at least take the field with the American people at our back.
 #19 
Old 2002-11-26, 09:31
SATURNROCKETX SATURNROCKETX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

Homeland Security is going to have the True-patriot ranks overflowing. It will also validate everything revolutoinary pro-Whites have been saying for the past 65 years. Joe Sixpack and Sally Spreadlegs are in for a rude awakening, 1984 is a comin'!
 #20 
Old 2002-11-26, 12:45
Regular
 
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

The good news the goverment can be toppled if we quit paying our taxes. PEaceful and simple.

The problem with this solution? But I dont wanna go to jail!


THink of it this way.

If no one paid their taxes, they will be unable to pay the officers to find you and will be unable to fund a prison that they could have thrown you in.

Its one those ideas that could work if everyone did it.
 #21 
Old 2002-11-26, 13:43
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: It is Time to Defend our Freedoms

It's the frog in the pot effect.

If the water is hot, the frog immediately jumps out of the pot. But if you slowly increase the temperature, the frog never really notices whats going on until it's too late and it's boiled alive.

Something to think about.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics