About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-20, 12:46
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default just fucking tell me!

im sick of the whole standard of dress thing.
black tie, smart, smart casual, neat casual, tidy, neat, casual, THERES TOO MANY, JUST TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK TO WEAR!

i don't know about other people, but smart casual does not mean shit to me. is it nice jeans and a half decent top, or dress pants and a nice top, or will shorts cut it. they shoiuld give examples. i have this bloody school thing to go to, and i will either be severly overdressed, or look like a slob. they should do away with all these stupid things, cause i don't have the experience to deal with it. im only 17, i don't know the diffrence between neat causual and smart casual. they mean the same to me. i wear long cargos and a black shirt everywhere.

this is the type of thing that drives people to machine gunning entire crowds of people.

(as a side note, you havent had a mass shooting in over a week, (unless ive missed something) good work!)
 #2 
Old 2002-11-20, 13:22
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

I always figured that smart, neat, and tidy were the same things.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-20, 13:45
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

Thank god I am homeschooled.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-20, 15:26
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

Smart Casual means, for a guy, no jeans, generally speaking something more along the lines of khakis, ya know, just plain pants (I have a real problem with vocab when it comes to clothes in america, so if I make a mistake sorry)..

and it means, usually a shirt with a collar, but no tie.. Oh, and appropriate shoes, ie no tennis shoes.

Black tie means a tuxedo.

Smart, I guess, would fall in between the two, and would indicate at the very least a shirt and tie, most likely a suit.

Casual means jeans and whatever shirt you want.

For a woman, smart casual again means no jeans, and it means nothing revealing, in some places that includes no sleeveless shirts, and generally nothing shorter than the knee as far as skirts are concerned. Oh, and as a general rule I'd avoid anything that has a logo or text on it. plain colors or patterns only.

Black tie would be a dress. A posh dress.

Smart would be almost definitely a skirt, or a pants suit

Anything else?
 #5 
Old 2002-11-21, 00:02
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

You can never go wrong with good jeans and a black t-shirt. This is all I wear, I have 8 pairs of levis and about 20 black t-shirts. If you are in a room full of people dressed to the nines wearing jeans and a t, they usually assume you are someone so important that you do not have to impress anyone with your clothes. This is why so many fashon designers and musicians choose this uniform. Use a few accents to show you still have good fashon sense, bolo ties, belts, good shoes, and downplayed but visible jewelry will give the impression that you could have been a lot more fashonable but chose not to because you are just so damn cool.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-24, 00:08
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

I don't know where I would be without my black t-shirts. Though I have several plain ones, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't mix it up once in a while. Such as the black shirt with the dragon on it, or the one with the chick surfing, or my favorite, the giant gecko with neon orange sunglasses.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-24, 01:24
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

Just go naked and say that you couldn't decide on what to wear, so you wore your skin instead.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-24, 01:55
Regular
 
If she's easy, take'r twice.
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

i just wear olive pants and a olive shirt.
im also drunk and stoned that i might change my clothes in 10 minutes i be a fcukin elephant.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-24, 02:19
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

I have to admit I'm really into fasion...RAOVQ: you should probably avoid the cargo pants all together, even for casual.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-24, 02:38
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

quote:
Originally posted by pink spid3r:
Thank god I am homeschooled.


I am, and curse god for it.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-24, 03:09
laerif laerif is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

i had to weat a kilt to my girlfriends college thing so where does that fall then?
:P
-
lae
 #12 
Old 2002-11-24, 04:25
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

Back in the days when I was in my school cadet unit, the full ceremonial uniform included a kilt. (Private school Scottish heritage, Braveheart, etc.)

I've heard that ceremonial military uniform is acceptable for a formal function.

Does this mean I could have worn the kilt, jacket, sporran and ceremonial dagger to one?
 #13 
Old 2002-11-24, 04:32
laerif laerif is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

the dagger(sgian dhu) will most likly be taken from you when you try to go anywhere with it, its a weapon n thats how most door men see it.
-
lae

[This message has been edited by laerif (edited 11-24-2002).]
 #14 
Old 2002-11-24, 13:39
Regular
 
If she's easy, take'r twice.
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

can someone point me to a picture of this sgian du thing? it sounds PIMPIN.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-27, 03:59
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
Smart Casual means, for a guy, no jeans, generally speaking something more along the lines of khakis, ya know, just plain pants (I have a real problem with vocab when it comes to clothes in america, so if I make a mistake sorry)..

and it means, usually a shirt with a collar, but no tie.. Oh, and appropriate shoes, ie no tennis shoes.


We call it Business Casual.

Nice to see you posting again.
 #16 
Old 2002-11-27, 06:50
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

quote:
Originally posted by laerif:
the dagger(sgian dhu) will most likly be taken from you when you try to go anywhere with it, its a weapon n thats how most door men see it.


Bugger.
 #17 
Old 2002-11-27, 07:02
sph3ric pyramid sph3ric pyramid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

Where, exactly, does this bland fashionable stuff that most people wear out on the street come from?

I can't imagine wearing that kind of clothing, simply because of the lack of utility (asides from covering the body, of course). I usually wear cyberpunk/survivalist-type clothes, which, for the most part, is fashion through utility.

peace out.
sph3ric pyramid.
 #18 
Old 2002-11-27, 22:51
laerif laerif is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

quote:
Originally posted by ytter_man:
can someone point me to a picture of this sgian du thing? it sounds PIMPIN.
http://www.scottishtartans.org/blackknife.html
the one far right is nice eh?
-
lae
 #19 
Old 2002-11-27, 22:55
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

The good thing about kilts is, you have instant, easy access to your penis when you feel like wanking.
 #20 
Old 2002-11-27, 23:30
Regular
 
Melbourne
Default Re: just fucking tell me!

Yes. Freeballing is good.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics