|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-10-29, 05:33
|
Singularity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Need help. A little worried...
For the past two weeks or so things have been getting awfully weird at my mothers work. For starters around a week and a half ago trained cia/fbi men have been posted all across her building. And to add to that armored fbi vehicles have been circling her building all during work hours. Now you must understand she is a factory worker. Her company takes contracts to mass produce different electrical gadgets [motion detectors, garage door openers etc] I have been there myself. Now just today she underwent extensive training in cpr, antrhax, aids, herpes, how to use the fire extinguisher etc. They've been issued hazard suits as well. One a side note there are many rooms that she, and others do not know about as well as a basement level. I'm wondering whats up? Anyone have similar experiences? Advice? Opinions?
|
|
#2
 2002-10-29, 05:43
|
Viper2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
Tell your mum just to ask management or these agencies hanging around whets going on, oh and tell her if she hears a bang to run (that�s always a good idea).
Viper2002
|
|
#3
 2002-10-29, 08:02
|
mysterychick 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
Tell your mum to get out of there -because her work has been threated and that is why the feds are there!
|
|
#4
 2002-10-29, 09:22
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
quote: Originally posted by Singularity: For the past two weeks or so things have been getting awfully weird at my mothers work. For starters around a week and a half ago trained cia/fbi men have been posted all across her building. And to add to that armored fbi vehicles have been circling her building all during work hours. Now you must understand she is a factory worker. Her company takes contracts to mass produce different electrical gadgets [motion detectors, garage door openers etc] I have been there myself. Now just today she underwent extensive training in cpr, antrhax, aids, herpes, how to use the fire extinguisher etc. They've been issued hazard suits as well. One a side note there are many rooms that she, and others do not know about as well as a basement level. I'm wondering whats up? Anyone have similar experiences? Advice? Opinions?
And as we wait for the judges call, the crowd is as quiet with frustrated anticipation as a 14 year old boy who's been left in a room alone with 15 year old cheerleader with a reputation.... ....It's gonna be close folks: You gotta admit that this has been a very tight competition, but our in-studio analysts are predicting victory for this newcomer... ....And that in itself is exciting! Imagine to score a victory in the 'Tall Story' competition - on his very first post!... Wait...wait a minute now...I'm hearing something in my earphone...it's a buzzing sound.. Blah! Oh Cripes! How the hell did that earwig get in my phones?! yech... Ok, the judges have decided.... ..... . ........ ........ Yes! They say it's a winner! In fact..wait, I can't quite hear...ah, of course! They've called this wonderful piece of fiction the best that they've seen in months to come from a newcomer! It would have surely reeled in many a unsuspecting member here and started what can only be described as a lively debate on just what may have been going on at the author's Mom's place of employment. Well, it's time for a break, but when we come back we shall go over to Bitch & Moan to see how that thread, that we mentioned at the top of this broadcast, is shaping up: Will it turn into all out war for two [or more] totse'rs? Will there be reconciliation? Stay tuned while we pause for station identification........ [This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 10-29-2002).]
|
|
#5
 2002-10-29, 09:26
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
Hmmm....do what viper said.
Peace Renegade,
|
|
#6
 2002-10-29, 15:33
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Facedown in the shag rug.
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
I'm guessing you're in one of your "up" moods, Meta...
Wonderfully animated and subtly insulting. Not bad.
|
|
#7
 2002-10-29, 17:40
|
Singularity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
Contrary to what you think Meta, this isn't fiction. But thanks for your input...err...ya
|
|
#8
 2002-10-29, 23:22
|
culinaryoverlord 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
Maybe your mothers company has been contracted to supply "sensitive" equipment to a government agency, but I would tend to agree that it had probibly been threatened by someone the feds take seriously.
|
|
#9
 2002-10-29, 23:37
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
My guess is your Mothers company got a sensitive contract with the government. With the recent escalated awareness they are taking extra precautions.
|
|
#10
 2002-10-30, 01:07
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
quote: Originally posted by Singularity: Contrary to what you think Meta, this isn't fiction. But thanks for your input...err...ya
I never closed my mind to that possibility. But, as ThetaReactor spotted, I'm on the up part of my bi-polar cycle. And since I usually spend way too little time there, compared to the other end, I enjoy it. Usually by doing something that I'll find amusing. And if anyone else thinks it is too, all the better. But if nobody does? Don't bug me a bit; you all's loss then ;P Now, being a little more serious, I want you to try something if you think you are able [no problem if you can't; many people can't; try, though] that is: Try to step back from yourself: forget what you know about the situation at your Mom's job. In fact: forget that it is your Mom. In other words: try not to be you. Now, go back and read your post and try to put yourself in the place of me or any other longer term totse member. If you are successful, here's what you'll be thinking as you read that post [or something along these lines]:There's been an awful lot of newbies lately; or at least a greater number who
- Try to irritate people on purpose
- Don't bother reading what's already posted, then asking the same question as three people did the day before [all newbies]
- Whose only contributions to a thread are along the lines of "You suck" or post after post of "I'm confused about this subject"
- Asking for drug hook ups, or precursor chemicals
- I won't even mention nutmeg/DMX posts
and lastly there's the ones that just have to make outlandish claims and expect that people will believe them. So with all of that in your head as a bias, tell me the post you wrote doesn't at least appear to be fictional. As I said; I never closed my mind to the chance that you were on the level. You will notice, I hope that nowhere in my reply did I really attack you or insult you. I made sport of you a bit, yeah, but [I don't think] there was anything in it that was meant to hurt - I try to keep it like that. But people have a way on not taking something you've written the way it was meant to be. So, to sum up: Sorry if you felt slighted [just tell me though you didn't see your post even a hint of the way I said] Besides, my watch tells me I better move on if I'm going to do something beside post here the whole of my elevated mood. Nothing against anyone here, but I've been waiting for this to come around again: it's about the only time I will work on my music [I don't let Kaisers maim job get in the way as much]
|
|
#11
 2002-10-30, 03:32
|
Singularity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
No meta I wasn't offended by you, or any of the other posters who didn't take me seriously. Quite frankly I wouldn't of taken myself seriously either for it sounds so ludicrous to be believable. I don't hold you for anything, and you shouldn't hold it against yourself either. To keep on topic though my Mom invited one of the cia/fbi people over to our house just now. I'm rather wary of him, and keeping my distance. I have no idea what the hell is going on anymore...
|
|
#12
 2002-10-30, 03:43
|
TheSell0ut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
quote: Originally posted by Singularity: No meta I wasn't offended by you, or any of the other posters who didn't take me seriously. Quite frankly I wouldn't of taken myself seriously either for it sounds so ludicrous to be believable. I don't hold you for anything, and you shouldn't hold it against yourself either. To keep on topic though my Mom invited one of the cia/fbi people over to our house just now. I'm rather wary of him, and keeping my distance. I have no idea what the hell is going on anymore...
Could it be? A new-guy who presents himself in an intelligent manner? God bless thee!  Since you're relatively new and I don't think anyones welcomed you, I will- Welcome Singularity, may your visit become redundant and turn into an addictive growth of constant interaction with the board. In other words, welcome to the forum. Maybe the government is afraid factories will be targetted by terrorists or something.
|
|
#13
 2002-10-30, 03:55
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
Chances are they don't do that unless there was in fact a threat. Tell your mom to quit.
|
|
#14
 2002-10-30, 04:01
|
Singularity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
Update: I asked me mother why she invited him over, and in fact she didn't. HE ASKED TO COME OVER....to play video games. Hmm....wtf?
|
|
#15
 2002-10-30, 04:13
|
TheSell0ut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
quote: Originally posted by Singularity: Update: I asked me mother why she invited him over, and in fact she didn't. HE ASKED TO COME OVER....to play video games. Hmm....wtf?
A CIA agent playing video games. "Yeah GoldenEye64 is a hack, its nothing like that in real life..."
|
|
#16
 2002-10-30, 19:41
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Need help. A little worried...
I can just imagine him playing Metal Gear - this is very unrealistic i mean how can a man be called Raven and be respected by his colleagues.
Peace Renegade,
Oh God i wish i was Solid Snake.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|