About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-24, 13:52
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default J.C Stanton

Is it possible that you could provide the artists of totse with a forum on the subject? Graffiti and other forms of art. Just a sugeestion.

-Flameviper
Sign your name here if you would like an art section, lol.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-24, 18:36
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: J.C Stanton

Art would be nice, but there is not that much of a desire for an art section really... Personaly, I would post there alot, but I seriously doubt if anybody else would.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-24, 18:44
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

Count me in as a vote.... but...

Maybe if you start a few art posts and get some good threads going it would help your case. I love art and would discuss it, but maybe it's not a big enough subject for a whole forum. This post is a good start though.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-24, 18:46
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

I disagree...we have spurious we have so many other topics that are needed more than 'art'....
 #5 
Old 2002-10-24, 19:13
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: J.C Stanton

Well in spurious you get many undesired posts, or posts which subtract from an artists perspective. Plus if you are looking for art to critic you don't want to go searching through 20 pages of posts to find one.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-24, 20:42
emerikan emerikan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

and...
an art forum would be kinda pointless if we couldn't see the art... and we can't post pics...
 #7 
Old 2002-10-24, 21:06
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: J.C Stanton

That is true, but if you do enough art to want to display it, I would assume that you would have your own site.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-24, 21:09
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: J.C Stanton

i also think an art forum would be good. but it would be sorta pointless because you can't post pictures(like you've already pointed out).
 #9 
Old 2002-10-24, 21:34
GOD_Burnsout GOD_Burnsout is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

art would be cool, you could post links.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-24, 21:50
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

Maybe Anime should be changed to Art?
 #11 
Old 2002-10-24, 22:24
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: J.C Stanton

Anime is a joke right now, too many mods and not enough posters.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-25, 11:57
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

I also think anime is pointless, anime could be included in a Art forum. It doesn't just have to be graffiti it could also include cartoons and anime. We could post links and pics but like you said there may not be many art fans here on totse. I love graffiti type art and cartooning but I suppose not everyone does. Good idea non the less I think ay?

Maybe if enough members said they would like an art forum we'll get one. But we'd need over 100 members asking I think. Could post your own comic strips and stuff like that and I bet a few art lovers would be happy to mod it, i no i would. But it isn't up to us so lets wait and see if J.C Stanton posts.

-Flame
*Flame gets on his knees and begs stanton for an art forum*

[This message has been edited by The Flame Viper (edited 10-25-2002).]
 #13 
Old 2002-10-25, 13:10
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

art... what about sport
 #14 
Old 2002-10-25, 14:00
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

I'm still holding onto my original idea. Change Anime to Art, change the forum description, and keep the same moderators. Art is a very broad subject, and I'm sure people would become a lot more active in it.

For the ignorant (no bad connotation here) in art, here are a few broad subjects:

Design: Industrial, Advertising, Graphic, Interior
Culinary: Arts, Management
Media Arts: Audio Production, Broadcasting, Digital Media, Game Art & Design, Multimedia & web design, Photography, Video Production, Visual Effects and Motion Graphics
Fashion: Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing, Visual Merchandising

No, I didn't think these up myself, much as I'd love taking the credit. http://www.aii.edu/programs/programs.shtml
 #15 
Old 2002-10-25, 14:30
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

Yeah im with Ironz, Anime is pointless at the moment - Zoks correct to many mods and not enough posters.

Im backing Art all the way.

I know there is alot of Artists and people who enjoy art on totse i dont however but it should be done alot of people would be thankfull for a forum - and maybe horizons would be broadened.

Peace Renegade,
 #16 
Old 2002-10-25, 15:03
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

I think we should roll the other art related forums into one general art forum. Then again, it's not really bad as it is now. I don't think many people would post there (look at Vogon Poetry & Printed Matter), but I know I would.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-25, 16:46
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

Heck, I don't think J.C Stanton gives a shit about us art lovers. But yeah, general art would be better than anime. Maybe if we art lovers start posting our art and art tips or whatever on this board, stanton or root may take note. Do you think I could mod the forum with someone else? Cause i love all kinds of art.

I'll get to work on some art work tonight and post up to let you guys see what ya think. Post yours too!

If you need any free hosting for pics say now and I'll grant you some.

-Flame
Thanks for the interest

[This message has been edited by The Flame Viper (edited 10-25-2002).]
 #18 
Old 2002-10-25, 18:05
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: J.C Stanton

personnally i love art i would love to see a art forum or a modifyed anime forum and it would be great if images was enabled but if there was stuff posted such as porn or somthing it should be deleted i think a forum on graffiti artr would be cool i have always loved that kind of art but have lacked the skill to produce my own i think there should be a forum to which people could teach other techniques and diffrent styles of graffiti art along with shading and coloring

you have my vote matt
 #19 
Old 2002-10-25, 18:21
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

quote:
Originally posted by XeNobiTe:
I think we should roll the other art related forums into one general art forum. Then again, it's not really bad as it is now. I don't think many people would post there (look at Vogon Poetry & Printed Matter), but I know I would.


I'm with Xenobite on that matter. Printed matter & vogon poetry should be changed to art.
 #20 
Old 2002-10-25, 18:28
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

Why not just go to Anime and post about art? Why does it have to be official? Or just start a new thread here in Spurious, istead of talking about talking about art, just talk about art for pete's sake.
 #21 
Old 2002-10-25, 19:37
The Flame Viper The Flame Viper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

quote:
Originally posted by Canyonero:
Why not just go to Anime and post about art? Why does it have to be official? Or just start a new thread here in Spurious, istead of talking about talking about art, just talk about art for pete's sake.


You have a point, but an official forum would be nice. Thanks for your input warweed and everyone else.

-FV
 #22 
Old 2002-10-26, 03:23
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

As long as I still get to be a mod im fine with that.

-Chibi

-The only reason he still comes back is because he's a mod....
 #23 
Old 2002-10-26, 03:26
Poindexter Poindexter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

Well 'props' to you, dude.
 #24 
Old 2002-10-26, 04:02
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

Sorry this isn't exactly on subject, but why doesn't anyone post links to photos of themselves? Are they afraid of being identified? Or are they are afraid of people finding out exactly how young they are?
Hell its easy to fake a photo anyway. Still...
 #25 
Old 2002-10-26, 04:56
stormybaka stormybaka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: J.C Stanton

links to pics are pretty lame
1. you need a site to host the pic and
2. it's easier to email a pic or send dcc through #totse, that way you keep a certain amount of control to your pic and a forum on art is pointless if you going to have to link every damn pic and all you can do is talk about art...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics