|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-10-22, 02:12
|
lookimacat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
fuck school i hate it but i need help
where do u find a website that actually helps you with homework, anywhere i go i just find shit for help. got any good homework site for math?
|
|
#2
 2002-10-22, 02:16
|
TheParkinator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
hmmm..... Son of a bitch. I'm sorry. Just go to google and type in math homework help or somethin.
|
|
#3
 2002-10-22, 05:09
|
silencer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
Here's a good mathematics site: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/
|
|
#4
 2002-10-22, 07:44
|
SATURNROCKETX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
http://www.aaamath.com http://www.edhelper.com
Recently I've actually subscribed to edhelper to get some of the more interesting work sheets. Its 20 bucks and it lasts a whole year BUT edhelper has plenty enough of other things that are FREE to keep you occupied: worksheets. And AAAmath is the all important DRILL.
For science you should get a Science Encyclopedia. I have QPB Science Encyclopedia and I love it, you can study it like a text book and it refers you to other entries but apparently there are better ones.
Also http://www.howstuffworks.com is OKAY for technology stuff.
|
|
#5
 2002-10-22, 11:27
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
Just research the subject your looking for via the internet.
Your answer will be there - its that simple.
Peace Renegade,
|
|
#6
 2002-10-22, 15:19
|
PuppetHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
it's called... yo i have add give me ritalin... works everytime...
|
|
#7
 2002-10-22, 15:47
|
ridemypony 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
I had a feeling that rocketboy was a little school boy, thinks he knows so much with his 13 years on the planet, but needs to spend money on internet sites to help him wit' his little homework projects. What a loser. This generation can't even get High School work done without using calculator's and the internet. It seemed easy to me w/o both. But then, I'm not a little add/adhd twit like the above. Sigh, the future looks bleak...
|
|
#8
 2002-10-22, 18:59
|
Thefatgoalie 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
www.sparknotes.com
|
|
#9
 2002-10-22, 22:09
|
lookimacat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
got a good point that nobody can do there homework without a calculator or the internet, but if u have good resources you might as well as use them.
and the future does look bleak.....
|
|
#10
 2002-10-23, 05:33
|
SATURNROCKETX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
quote: Originally posted by ridemypony: I had a feeling that rocketboy was a little school boy, thinks he knows so much with his 13 years on the planet, but needs to spend money on internet sites to help him wit' his little homework projects. What a loser. This generation can't even get High School work done without using calculator's and the internet. It seemed easy to me w/o both. But then, I'm not a little add/adhd twit like the above. Sigh, the future looks bleak...
I didn't get educated in public schools as they do not teach necessary useful knowledge you arrogant jewish stiff shit.
|
|
#11
 2002-10-23, 09:21
|
|
Regular
|
|
the happy land of australia
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
home schooled eh? i always assumed that home school kids ended up retarded. something about no communication with the outside world and too much emphisis placed on one persons opinion.
if you are home schooled by phsycotic parents, as it appears saturn was, you end up completely detached from reality and delusional.
bit of a pity really.
just out of intrest, where did you pick up all your shit from??
|
|
#12
 2002-10-23, 10:27
|
SATURNROCKETX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
quote: Originally posted by RAOVQ: I am a pile of vomit. Were you home schooled?
Yes and no. I was homeschooled in grades seventh and eigth. I mostly schooled myself by reading although I grew very bored with it, I found it an excellent recourse to the brain washing race-mixing camps called Public Schools. I developed an awareness of the superiority of my judgement after spending years observing the incredibly disasterous results of the judgements of others who disagreed with my opinions on matters that resulted in those flaming failures. I have 9 years in a major city, 14 years in a non-major city in another part of the country, 1 year again in the major city after a 12 year absence, and two months on an army base. Conclusion is: Outside World IN-ferior, Saturnrocket- SU-perior.
|
|
#13
 2002-10-23, 10:31
|
SATURNROCKETX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
quote: Originally posted by lookimacat: got a good point that nobody can do there homework without a calculator or the internet, but if u have good resources you might as well as use them.
and the future does look bleak.....
I rarely use a calculator. What do you need a calculator FOR? If you don't know the various operations for complex, multi-tiered problems beforehand, how will the calculator?
|
|
#14
 2002-10-23, 12:40
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
Frankly, I have no idea WTF I'd need to know that quadratic equation draw the squiggly line shit for either.
|
|
#15
 2002-10-27, 11:22
|
winki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
I feel for you!!!!...you know sometimes I wonder just how much the approach a teacher uses affects a students comprehension,..uh I heard somemthing about people learning in three ways, hearing, seeing or touching and uh...if you get into a course that comes at you in one of the ways you do not learn in, then it is very difficult to learn...
...what math class do you have now?
Also if someone, a stranger, came up to you and asked "What are you thinking?" would you look up ? down ? or side to side as you contemplated your answer?
Oh yeah, after the initial bitch to deal with math is learned(there is a limited amount of it btw,-sometimes it can seem infinite and that is not the case, but anyway) after the initial stuff is learned, it actually has some very interesting applications to other things...
..such as chemistry and physics, stuff you would want to know about if you could pick what info to have installed complete in your brain, if you could have stuff installed in your brain, which you can't... which obviously shows that since you can't just get stuff installed, nobody is that smart!
So yeah, math sucks when it does, but there is finite amount of knowledge you can acquire and master regarding math, so try to look at it as a future incidental ability to which you ascribe no particular fanfare about exercising and then do what ever you need to do to get that stuff into your head and parked.
Talk to your counselor or see about one of the many tutoring agencies in the community and online that can provide you with support for the approach you're being familiarized with now and/or perhaps show you an alternative methodology for learning what you need to know.
The way I was taught math and the way my son is being exposed to it are really different and I think the way he is learning it is a lot better, so don't feel too overwhelmed by one human beings idea of teaching you math.
Your brain will appreaciate you for at least looking for options on it's behalf.
|
|
#16
 2002-10-27, 16:24
|
SATURNROCKETX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
Winki that was an awesome post. Its not often I can really appreciate a post that I didn't write. I did NOT know that there was a basic limit to math- that at some point you know what you need to know. I'm having to teach myself what I should have been taught in school so that was a concern of mine- not knowing about a limit and final goal in math, at least in the important ways. WHEW. I am glad to hear there are tutoring agencies as well! Your right about there being different techniques or approachse for math stuff and there is always one way to get something done that is easier for one person than another. Also too many teachers teach as if the students ALREADY KNEW what they are teaching!
|
|
#17
 2002-10-27, 23:29
|
ridemypony 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
You learn only one way: by doing. Saturn, you are how old? 20 something? You subscribe to edhelper? What a loser. Also, I was suprised to hear I am a jew, (after your triple negative, non-grammatical sentence- I suppose learning to correctly express yourself is one of those useless things they teach in school!), I guess I am the first Norweigan Lutheran Jew! Wow! Was that a scientific conclusion or one of your usual ignorant ones? Oh, the latter, wrong again slowboy. Must be hard being 20+ and working on your GED. I really do not feel sorry for you. Good luck getting a job with "Self-paced reading" as your educational background. That is almost as useful as being "homesKooled." Now we all KNOW you are a sad little introvert with no friends, especially the kind that start with the word "GIRL" pathetic. You can reply back with more of your uneducated racial epithets. They just reveal your ignorance even further.
|
|
#18
 2002-10-28, 01:50
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
i seriously can't do simple math without a calculator. not simple simple like 2+2 but pretty basic shit. the public school system has failed me in my math career. i passed algebra II without passing a test or quiz. so i guess the public school system passed me in my math career(so far).
|
|
#19
 2002-10-28, 06:58
|
SATURNROCKETX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
quote: Originally posted by ridemypony: You learn only one way: by doing. Saturn, you are how old? 20 something? You subscribe to edhelper? What a loser. Also, I was suprised to hear I am a jew, (after your triple negative, non-grammatical sentence- I suppose learning to correctly express yourself is one of those useless things they teach in school!), I guess I am the first Norweigan Lutheran Jew! Wow! Was that a scientific conclusion or one of your usual ignorant ones? Oh, the latter, wrong again slowboy. Must be hard being 20+ and working on your GED. I really do not feel sorry for you. Good luck getting a job with "Self-paced reading" as your educational background. That is almost as useful as being "homesKooled." Now we all KNOW you are a sad little introvert with no friends, especially the kind that start with the word "GIRL" pathetic. You can reply back with more of your uneducated racial epithets. They just reveal your ignorance even further.
You live in Florida, you can say nothing of value to anyone.
|
|
#20
 2002-10-28, 07:01
|
SATURNROCKETX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: fuck school i hate it but i need help
quote: Originally posted by Cobranaut: i seriously can't do simple math without a calculator. not simple simple like 2+2 but pretty basic shit. the public school system has failed me in my math career. i passed algebra II without passing a test or quiz. so i guess the public school system passed me in my math career(so far).
Are you willing to devote one hour or so of your free time each day to learn math? Thats all it takes. Visit those sites I recommend and tackle one new type of problem every week or so. Practice each type of problem for about 30 minutes a day, try doing 2 or 3 different types of problem a day. You can only memorize things like that by doing it almost every day for a long time.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|