About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-21, 15:30
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default They Caught the Guy....

Or the Guys....Do you think it is the people responsible for all the shooting or just people who are copying someone else?
 #2 
Old 2002-10-21, 16:09
ytrewq ytrewq is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

There has been no official statement yet. The police picked up some dude in a white van. Don't jump to conclusions ... yet.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-21, 16:11
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

im sorry i must have missed it whats happening ?
 #4 
Old 2002-10-21, 16:21
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

Innocent until proven guilty?
 #5 
Old 2002-10-21, 16:52
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

quote:
Originally posted by warweed12:
im sorry i must have missed it whats happening ?


They say they caught that sniper guy thats in virginia....And then that guy said something about this other guy in maryland...Then they were susposed to have a press conference at 1:00 but it go canceled because I think they got the wrong guys....But they wont say....One of the guys is mexican or something....I still say those arn't the guys that did it....I still think its just one guy....My cousin got today off because of that shit.....
 #6 
Old 2002-10-21, 16:58
ytrewq ytrewq is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

I wasn't able to catch all of the news, but I heard something about a tip being phoned in to police. It told them to look in the woods near the latest shooting and they would find a note. I heard they found the note, but not what the note said. Did anyone hear anything about this note? I assume this note was the reason they were waiting for a guy in a white van today.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-21, 17:44
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

I heard that there was something about asking for money...but I am not sure...
 #8 
Old 2002-10-21, 17:56
svc svc is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/South/10/21/sniper.shootings/index.html

the CNN report on the new happenings..
 #9 
Old 2002-10-21, 21:36
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

It was a false alarm, the real killer did contact the police though- they said he taunted the cops as if to say, "you are too stupid to catch me, I have to give you hints and even if I told you where I was you'd still not find me.". On that note, maybe the killer actually is on this forum.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-21, 21:39
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

Yes I stand corrected....That would be weird...imagine if it was like I Love Poop or something.....
 #11 
Old 2002-10-21, 21:56
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

quote:
Originally posted by Agent Boris_KGB:
Yes I stand corrected....That would be weird...imagine if it was like I Love Poop or something.....


More likely to be Tooth Fairy, shes so nice and stuff. No one suspects the butterfly .
Also, you weren't really wrong(so no need ot be corrected), since all you did was ask whether we believed it was the right guys or not.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-21, 22:21
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

most likely this arresting wasnt the sniper and just some stupid suspection. cause in like 2 days your gonna see another shooting and another, and its just gonna keep going on and on. But you never know until something else happens, it could be the sniper but i believe it isnt. Just like with the OKC bombing(i lived in OKC when it happened) well they had alot of people they thought did it before they actually found timothy mcveigh, so most likely its just a assumption and there gonna do some lie detector test and keep him in jail for a while till there done, but once again ya never know.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-21, 23:17
majikchemist majikchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

I thought there was something odd about the report..if you go down to the bottom where they list bullets to related articles they have one stating that they convicted a man on giving false info to the police...but if they haven't caught the guy and know all the storie how do they know what he said was false?

oh and I don't think they were the guys...I personnally think it's a woman
 #14 
Old 2002-10-21, 23:43
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

ur all wrong, it's me.
 #15 
Old 2002-10-21, 23:49
mentalstatement mentalstatement is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

no, i dont think that is the guy. i really can't beleave someone would fall a trap as stupid as that one.

and if it is the killer, then i hope they bring back public Executions ^_^

 #16 
Old 2002-10-21, 23:57
Tooth Fairy Tooth Fairy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

quote:
Originally posted by TheSell0ut:
More likely to be Tooth Fairy, shes so nice and stuff. No one suspects the butterfly .



Yes, I'm really schizophrenic, my alterego is Root Canal Fairy! BWAHHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

 #17 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:01
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

they found he made false statements when they compared his versiomn to the other versions of other yey witnesses.
dat cracks me up... i heard somewhere that all this sniper thing started to scare mass protests in the DC area
 #18 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:33
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

quote:
Originally posted by ytrewq:
Don't jump to conclusions ... yet.


I dont understand what that means. You want him to jump to conclusions after the guy is caught?
 #19 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:43
Kiafi Kiafi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

Am I the only one who thinks "Dr policemen, I am god" written on a death tarot card is just a wee bit cliche?
 #20 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:50
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

'Doctor Policman'? I think it was 'Dear Mr. Policeman'....
 #21 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:50
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

quote:
Originally posted by Tooth Fairy:
Yes, I'm really schizophrenic, my alterego is Root Canal Fairy! BWAHHAAAHAAHAAA!!!




So the one thing all those victims had incommon was: they had cavities!!!
 #22 
Old 2002-10-22, 01:10
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

quote:
Originally posted by Tooth Fairy:
Yes, I'm really schizophrenic, my alterego is Root Canal Fairy! BWAHHAAAHAAHAAA!!!




just as I suspected! >
 #23 
Old 2002-10-22, 01:26
Tooth Fairy Tooth Fairy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

quote:
Originally posted by TheSell0ut:
So the one thing all those victims had incommon was: they had cavities!!!


Well, gotta stay in business.... you know how it is.
 #24 
Old 2002-10-22, 02:24
A_M_P A_M_P is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

quote:
"The person you called could not hear everything that you said. The audio was unclear and we want to get it right. Call us back so that we can clearly understand,"
Life immitates art
quote:
Bart:[through a bullhorn] Hey, Coast Guard! Try to stop us now, you lousy Americans.
Coast Guard:[through a loudspeaker] We can't hear you! Come three hundred feet closer!
Bart:Nice try. You're not going to nail us.
Coast Guard:But we just want to party.


EDIT: Goddamn UBB code, why can't you be more like HTML?


[This message has been edited by A_M_P (edited 10-22-2002).]
 #25 
Old 2002-10-22, 03:56
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: They Caught the Guy....

the french connection eh?

i saw in the paper that a very highly regaurded french military sniper has gone walkabouts in the US has hasn't been seen for quite a while. thats about all the article said, but i got a real 'the professional' vibe off it.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics