About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-21, 14:33
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default DQ'ed from the military

Normally I would be fucking pissed as hell, but I'm just sad about this. I was DQ'ed because I was on Prozac & Depakote at one point. It was always my boyhood dream to sail on the seas, but that fucking asshole doctor crushed my aspirations
 #2 
Old 2002-10-21, 14:50
buttthrax buttthrax is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DQ'ed from the military

Dude, did you tell them that or did they find out? You could have selectively forgotten.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-21, 15:06
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DQ'ed from the military

The Marines found out from previously enlisting w/ them. The Marines put it on record.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-21, 20:40
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DQ'ed from the military

You had taken Prozac and Depakote and the Marines still took you? How did you go about getting the waiver?

I was DQ'ed from the Army for taking ritalin and history of depression. It's been a year since I've taken ritalin now, so I might be eligible. I just need to go through and falsify my psychiatric records.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-21, 21:33
Nohman Nohman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DQ'ed from the military

I'm not military, so whats DQ'ed?
So you can't get into the armed forces if you have a history of depression and the likes? Even if you're proven to be OK now?
If so, that really sucks. Deepest sympathy on my part.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-21, 22:50
ridemypony ridemypony is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DQ'ed from the military

DQ=Disqualified
Yes, a history of childhood depression (especially if put on drugs) or hyperactivity (especially if put on drugs) and you can pretty much forget about the military. They will probably have to adjust this eventually or no one will be eligible.
Some parents (moms) choose to have their children put on these meds so their kids will not have to serve. That is pretty stupid, however, as the all volunteer military is more than capable of handling most crisis so this is unneccesary. If perhaps there were a serious, world war type situation, how sad would it be for a young or medium young person to not be able to join to defend his country if he so chooses.
Even sadder considering this is the only way a lot of kids can get money for college or learn a little responsibility in their lives. Sorry you guys could'nt get in, my military service was filled with great experiences, good times, great places...

[This message has been edited by ridemypony (edited 10-21-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:34
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: DQ'ed from the military

thats fucked. just because you are treated for a mild brain disorder they will not take you. if they ever try to draft me i am going to say i was on ritilan(is there a set amount or is any medication unacceptable?)
 #8 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:51
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DQ'ed from the military

Not that I want to join the military, but i'm guessing I would be disqualified because i've been in the mental hospital, even though i've never been on meds. Oh well, if I ever wanted to join i'd just get a new identity with a clean slate.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-22, 01:08
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DQ'ed from the military

Now I know what to tell folks when draft time comes . Bush won't get away w/ a draft for shit! At least I can still diss the prez w/out fear of court martial! Thanks to all of yas! You made me feel a helluva lot better!
 #10 
Old 2002-10-22, 08:00
SATURNROCKETX SATURNROCKETX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DQ'ed from the military

I just realized my discharge papers will make it impossible for the military to draft me. So long suckers! HAHHAH.
Anyway, people with mental problems should never let themselves be placed in a situation such as bootcamp. When I decided to leave I moved myself and my stuff in with the people who were already scheduled to leave and there were a couple people in there with serious mental problems. I got along great with them, but definitely I can't see the military being a better substitute than the civilian lifestyle when you have a lot of problems.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics