|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-10-20, 00:47
|
confuzious 
Regular
|
|
|
|
How ghetto is your place:
In my house you have to flush the toilet with a coat hanger, as an example. Everything is broken all the time.
|
|
#2
 2002-10-20, 00:52
|
TheSell0ut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
This is a cool thread idea. In my house you can't flush the toilet, the fridge is outside, quite a few windows are broken yet patched with plastic, the roof leaks in countless places, we have a decoy fridge(which doesn't work) in the living room/kitchen to distract anyone who might be looking for food.
|
|
#3
 2002-10-20, 01:00
|
Mackofett 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
I have to use a 4 foot long stick with a bic biro sellotaped to the end to change channels on tv in my bedroom cos remot is fucked. I have an 18 foot cable attached to phoneline with a big hole in the wall when phone is pulled off running from kitchen to hall to main phoneline at front door cos it seems like my family couldnt be arsed getting an extra line in, We also have a bathroom window that has foam and insulation on show cos cunt that put in larger window had to go home and hasnt come back to finish his half ass job as well as pipes and cables on show cos house is supposed to be having improvemnts done nue cunt doing them is on holiday. To name but a few things. Oh we also all have to come together at the end of every week to syringe each others ears out for the wax cos we dont have electricity after 8pm and need the candles but cant afford them.
|
|
#4
 2002-10-20, 05:50
|
SATURNROCKETX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
I'm so ghetto, I live in Florida.
|
|
#5
 2002-10-20, 07:35
|
culinaryoverlord 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
My pad is pretty posh right now, but back in tha' day: I lived in a little $325/mo room in an area we refer to as "skid row". I was working, but I can't stand roomates, so I found the only place I could live alone, and still live downtown. At least I had my own crapper and shower. My window was on the inside of a U shaped building, it looked out on the communal dumping ground, used rigs, weighty condoms, and empty flaps littered the roof below my window. My neighbors were an interesting assortment, everyone had some kind of a problem. I learned the difference between the sound a gurneys wheels make, when the meds are wheeling out a live one, and the slow progression of a deader'. Cheers.
[This message has been edited by culinaryoverlord (edited 10-20-2002).]
|
|
#6
 2002-10-20, 09:05
|
Tanna 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
Were i live now is also pretty plush, but i have lived in some right shit holes. I stayed in a council flat with nothing but a small tv with the box as its stand. A broken, old Flat tape recorder, which only worked when you pushed part of a fag packet into it, a matress in the corner, a small kitchen with a camping grill, it had an indoor toilet and a shower though. It was on the third floor, there wasnt any leave there dead when i stayed there, but the flat nextdoor was a crack house, i can tell you i met some interesting people from there. There was always "cheap" things for sale as well, that was about the only good point. I only stayed there for a couple of months though, and by the time i left, that flat was the pride in its block.
|
|
#7
 2002-10-23, 00:02
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
I work hard to make my place as little "ghetto" as I can.
Living in the "ghetto" gets old after a while. I guess, maybe if you grew up in the 'burbs, your first place being ghetto would be fun... But really, it's not that great.
[typo]
[This message has been edited by Z3m (edited 10-23-2002).]
|
|
#8
 2002-10-23, 00:07
|
MagKnightX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
Um, my toilet sometimes breaks down? Our sink is kind of weird, and doesn't work to well?
Alright, I'm a pasty honky in the suburbs of a conservative area. That is about as far from "ghetto" as I can see myself, or anybody else, getting.
|
|
#9
 2002-10-23, 01:17
|
KamikazePimp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
My current home is very nice & I keep it in tip-top shape. When I used to live in the boonies however, it was highly ghetto. The fridge would sometimes open up mysteriously, rendering our food spoiled. Holes decorated the walls & ceilings from the previous scumbags. The house came furnished. The couch had cumstains from the previous lowlifes. I tried to have it shampooed, but to no avail. Mice outnumbered my mom & I 5 to 1. The landlord was a fuckin asshole who left everything up to us. The day we packed up and left, I wreaked havoc upon the house. That is a different post however.
|
|
#10
 2002-10-23, 01:21
|
? 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
anyone ever wigger rig things together to make them work???
|
|
#11
 2002-10-23, 01:30
|
TheSell0ut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
quote: Originally posted by ?: anyone ever wigger rig things together to make them work???
I have tons of times, thats why my guitar cable shorts out time and time again. My cousin is notorious for having used peanut butter and cardboard for heads on his car.
|
|
#12
 2002-10-23, 01:33
|
culinaryoverlord 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
I am a master of peasantvision reception, if I can get four channels fuzzy when I start, I will have four channels clear when I am finished. Linking one line to a ground and the other to an elaborate assembly of copper wire and tinfoil flags is my major tactic. Anybody ever make an "air conditioner" with a fan and some wet towels?
|
|
#13
 2002-10-23, 01:50
|
funguy227 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
On a mission trip to the out skirts of Addis Abbaba Ethiopia for a year i had a piece of plastic to sleep on and a straw hut we were staying in a squatter colony w/ a pop. about 10,000 if you had to shit or piss it was the ditch w/ everyone elses that was ghetto
|
|
#14
 2002-10-23, 04:03
|
GW 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
At least you have a coat hanger to flush your toilet. I also have to climb onto my porch and jump off of it because we got no stairs and we are to lazy to put any in. When you talk on the phone you have to hold the line into the phone all the time so you dont disconnect.
|
|
#15
 2002-10-23, 13:42
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
This reminds me of the penis size posts in Sex&Affection...
I won't join you, because I could be all yo asses.
Actually, I will participate! I lived under an overpass for a week. BEAT THAT!
|
|
#16
 2002-10-23, 13:42
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
"Beat." I could "beat all your asses."
|
|
#17
 2002-10-23, 21:48
|
Canyonero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
I can't beat it, but I lived in the salvation army homeless shelter for nine days, which is nearly as bad. I've also lived in a place with no running water and we had to kill rabbits and squirrels for dinner. People in the ghetto have it much better.
|
|
#18
 2002-10-23, 22:34
|
farwah 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
i live in th "burbs" yup prtty pathetic,
i did live in a shantytown of sorts in southAmerica. there was open sewage on the streets. it stunk real bad. thier was garbage everywhere, also a little river near by was black with sewege n garbage. kids occasionaly peed well everywhere. ppl lived in piecees of anything put together as homes, w/ no concrte ground just mattresss n brokn chairs etc inside, n well no bathrrom or kitchen. the house i was in was concrete though w/ bathroom n kitchn so not that bad.
it was great, one of the beest times of my life. i luv'd it n miss it n the ppl
|
|
#19
 2002-10-23, 22:51
|
Tooth Fairy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: How ghetto is your place:
Tha's all Looxury, tha' is. When I were wee lass, we were so poore, tha' my moother, and my fartha used to make me get oop in middle a' night, and go outside in freezing cold, and lick road clean wit' tongue. And tha' were looxury too, tha' were........
Faaaaaar from Ghetto these days, but come a long way.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|