|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-10-19, 03:27
|
TheSell0ut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Stereotype Yourself
Here is an idea: Lets all make stereotypes of ourselves- based on how we see ourselves and how we believe others see ourselves.
How I see myself: A thing propelled by an inner-force, a passion for seeking to understand higher levels of thought, an honest musician- if not especially talented, as well as an asshole, an attention-seeker, a liar, and a lazy slacker who seeks to be above average.
How I think other people see me: a non-important inactive participant of society, a freak, semi-intelligent intellectual and a wannabe rock star.
[This message has been edited by TheSell0ut (edited 10-19-2002).]
[This message has been edited by TheSell0ut (edited 10-19-2002).]
|
|
#2
 2002-10-19, 03:55
|
Ursus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
Ok Sellout, Now, how do you REALLY see yourself? Don't sugar coat it! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!
|
|
#3
 2002-10-19, 03:57
|
TheSell0ut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
quote: Originally posted by Ursus: Ok Sellout, Now, how do you REALLY see yourself? Don't sugar coat it! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!
I don't think I was suger-coating, care to tell me how you see yourself? Thats what this thread is for.
|
|
#4
 2002-10-19, 04:08
|
ridemypony 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
He was being sarcastic dumbass! Good god. I think you were over-reaching actually. But you do like to post 2-3 times in a short space when 1 or less posts would do. Lame thread.
|
|
#5
 2002-10-19, 04:55
|
Ursus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
Ok, this'll be fun.
Let's see now...How do I see myself.
The traits that I'm satisfied with are:
I'm very creative; reasonably intelligent; have a very active curiosity and desire to learn; I'm loving and compassionate most of the time; I'm a deep thinker and have wonderful concentration; I tend not to open my mouth if I have nothing to say; I have a very dry sense of humor but see a lot of humor in things; I'm conscientious and excel in doing things that interest me; I love intelligent conversation and debate; I have a gift for spatial orientation in my mind; Hmmmmmmm...I can have a very thick skin if I choose to wear it; I'm flexable in my thinking and open to new ideas; I'm spontaneous and like new experiences; I'm an architect of systems; I'm a good leader (and have spent much of my career as such); I never, ever get angry; I'm self validating; I'm quick to admit error if I fuck up; I never hold grudgesl I try very hard not to judge myself or other people...sometimes that's pretty hard for me, especially when I'm feeling intolerant; I'm very spiritual
Some of the areas that need improvement are:
I am intolerant of people with lazy minds; I can be sinfully lazy; I procrastinate every chance I get; I can sometimes be insensitive to other people's feelings; I can sometimes be impatient with people that don't have any sense of excellence; Let's see... I can intimidate with a look (or for that matter, I can also motivate with a look too...I guess I have great body language); I like to have my efforts recognized and get irked if I feel taken for granted;
Ok...How do I think other people perceive me: I think people sometimes see me as being cold or uncaring; abrasive and self assured; sometimes opinionated; intimidating (It's really funny, but so many times I've been told, "Shit! When I first met you you scared the hell out of me! You were SO intimidating! But now that I've gotten to know you, you're just a big teddy bear!" Alas, I'm afraid it's true.) Let's see... Oh, yes! I'm sometimes seen as an intellectual snob; I've also been accused of being a perfectionist; I'm seen as being a good leader, fair with my dicipline and quick with my praise; People usually like working for or with me; I'm seen as a dork sometimes when I'm feeling whismical; I'm a good listener; Um, Well, I suppose this is getting pretty long so I'll stop here.
Shit, I haven't done a list like this in probably 3 or 4 years!
[This message has been edited by Ursus (edited 10-19-2002).]
|
|
#6
 2002-10-19, 05:18
|
CDG 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
me... "nerd ass chink mall ninja"
|
|
#7
 2002-10-19, 06:15
|
Township Rebellion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
huh... I fit no stereotype. I guess I'm not from the same mold as everyone else. I can be really lazy, but when I go at something I'm really interested in, I don't quit till it's done. I generally believe in working for the good things in life, so long as I know I can accomplish it. I'm not the most in shape person in the world, but I still laugh at the fatasses, because I still get out and keep going. I get easily pissed off, even at the slightest thing, if I'm hungry. I've got a short temper, but I can be somewhat sensitive, under certain cercumstances. I hate anything that is Illogical in any way, anything from bad taste to a TV show that makes no sense. I usually hate imperfections, although I can stand "personality traits". I'm reasonably creative, but not fearsomely so, although I haven't had much opportunity to "stretch the boundaries" as it were. I'm good at typing, and can really express my self, even to being freakin hilarious. not so with actual speech, however. My mouth does not follow my brain, unfortunately. I've got excellent Hand Eye Co-ordination, due to too much video gaming. I believe in anarchy in only virtual situations. I'm not homophobic, as in SCARED of gay people, I simply find them illogical and stupid, and yet, at a paradox. afterall, we've got that overpopulation problem, right? more gay people, less real sex, less kids getting born, voila! pop. under control. I love speed. I can't stand going slow when I could be going fast. there are times when I enjoy the occasional "stop and enjoy the flowers and proper mano a womano sex", but otherwise, GET A FUCKING MOVE ON!
hmm...
well, that's all I can think of...
|
|
#8
 2002-10-19, 09:09
|
Tanna 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
I dont really have a stereotype of myself, apart from being a raver, i have "rules" which i try to adhere to in life, such as "dont be a cunt for no reason", "Respect everyone fear noone", "listen, and try to hear.", "Dont be lazy", very hard one for me sometimes, "never lie, unless its for a good reason.", "Try to look for the good in situations and people, but be prepared for the worst.", etc... I would see myself as a man of principle, yet openminded with a desire to try and learn new things. The way other people see me, I dont know. From my physical appearance and body language, I tend to give the first impression that im a roughian, Who would beat the shit out of you if you get in my way and not think twice, bassically intimadating, but that tends to pass when i talk to them. Anyone care to tell me what they think of me?
|
|
#9
 2002-10-19, 09:48
|
Gnool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
Hmm I guess I would be seen to an outsider to be a computer nerd, but I do want to break free & have a social life, but I'm too lazy 
|
|
#10
 2002-10-19, 10:34
|
preying mantis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
I'm the guy you walk past in the street and never notice me.
|
|
#11
 2002-10-19, 17:52
|
TheSell0ut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
quote: Originally posted by ridemypony: He was being sarcastic dumbass! Good god. I think you were over-reaching actually. But you do like to post 2-3 times in a short space when 1 or less posts would do. Lame thread.
You don't explain yourself in clear terms, and I don't care for the over-hyped, 'lets make a big deal out of everything' type of personality you seem to have. I don't think you have a place in this thread- if you think its lame- just don't post.
|
|
#12
 2002-10-19, 18:07
|
beatmeofficer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
I'm the neighbor about whose sanity nobody is really quite sure. People seem to wonder about me. When I talk about politics am I serious about supporting fascism? What's in my big metal briefcase? Am I really as paranoid as I sound? What's with the heroin obsession? How many guns do I really have? Am I serious about moving to Israel so I can fight in the IDF? Why am I always carrying around a recorder? Why don't I own a TV or stereo or have sound card in my computer? How did I get those scars?
I hope that helped you figure out the sort of stereotype I would fit in to. I'm that guy.
|
|
#13
 2002-10-19, 18:33
|
TheSell0ut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
quote: Originally posted by beatmeofficer: I'm the neighbor about whose sanity nobody is really quite sure. People seem to wonder about me. When I talk about politics am I serious about supporting fascism? What's in my big metal briefcase? Am I really as paranoid as I sound? What's with the heroin obsession? How many guns do I really have? Am I serious about moving to Israel so I can fight in the IDF? Why am I always carrying around a recorder? Why don't I own a TV or stereo or have sound card in my computer? How did I get those scars?
I hope that helped you figure out the sort of stereotype I would fit in to. I'm that guy.
The big question is: boxers or briefs? 
|
|
#14
 2002-10-19, 19:30
|
Tanna 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
Has to be boxers. "Youl never take our freedon!"
|
|
#15
 2002-10-19, 19:45
|
dopeman420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
i'm the guy with a relentless pursuit of truth in all areas of knowledge and understanding and an ultimate respect for logic. i have, conversely, an ultimate disrespect for the propogation of falsity.
people see me in one of two different ways; as a sort of weird genius, or as a druggie wasting my life. with the genius part, i'm not being egotistical, it's just what people have said, i dunno if i believe it. my closer friends tend to see me as both, as an evil genius. i tend to hear things like, "you know, the worst part is, you're right" a lot.
so what does that make me?
|
|
#16
 2002-10-19, 22:46
|
culinaryoverlord 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
The Drunk Angry Cook This stereotype is registered with the sterotype bureau, and as such I feel I am continuing a long standing tradition of "drunk angy cook"s. I took this mantle upon myself after a brief spell as "Stoned All The Time Line Cook", other options were "Soup Nazi", "Flaming Queer Ethnic Foods Chef", "Totally Anal Retentive Chef" and "Moderately Competent Inceredibly Egotistical Chef". None of these options really fit, especially the queer one, so I chose "drunk angry cook". If you think you fit a stereotype be sure to register with the bureau.
|
|
#17
 2002-10-20, 03:22
|
TheParkinator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
quote: Originally posted by dopeman420: i'm the guy with a relentless pursuit of truth in all areas of knowledge and understanding and an ultimate respect for logic. i have, conversely, an ultimate disrespect for the propogation of falsity.
people see me in one of two different ways; as a sort of weird genius, or as a druggie wasting my life. with the genius part, i'm not being egotistical, it's just what people have said, i dunno if i believe it. my closer friends tend to see me as both, as an evil genius. i tend to hear things like, "you know, the worst part is, you're right" a lot.
so what does that make me?
Are our kind growing or turning into freaky preps and assholes? Seriously, u told me about myself.
|
|
#18
 2002-10-20, 03:32
|
TheSell0ut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
quote: Originally posted by culinaryoverlord: The Drunk Angry Cook This stereotype is registered with the sterotype bureau, and as such I feel I am continuing a long standing tradition of "drunk angy cook"s. I took this mantle upon myself after a brief spell as "Stoned All The Time Line Cook", other options were "Soup Nazi", "Flaming Queer Ethnic Foods Chef", "Totally Anal Retentive Chef" and "Moderately Competent Inceredibly Egotistical Chef". None of these options really fit, especially the queer one, so I chose "drunk angry cook". If you think you fit a stereotype be sure to register with the bureau.
I tend to cook with alot of sugar(no matter what I'm cooking), thus gaining me the title: Diabetic Cook. I'm not a diabetic though 
|
|
#19
 2002-10-20, 14:26
|
Galvaplex 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
Hmm, good idea for a thread.
I see myself as the guy who keeps to himself, but knows more than the average dick at school. I'm into drawing and writing, and I'm starting to get into keyboarding now.
How others see me: They're afraid of me. They're afraid because I'm much smarter thatn they are. And they're afraid because there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.
|
|
#20
 2002-10-20, 15:25
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
believes "Life Is Beautifull"
Peace Renegade,
|
|
#21
 2002-10-20, 15:42
|
Mackofett 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
Im the one int the group who never really sys much but always have alot to say. Im a typical unwmployed junkie who always has a good job. Im the person who takes ecstasy but does'nt swallow, mokes weed and dont inhale, and the heroin I inject every day is purely for recreational purposes. I know everthing there is to know about most things and have forgotten the things I never knew in the first place. Im the one that every parent warns their kids to steer clear of but wants them to marry. I would really love to massacre the people that live around me but am strictly a passifist. Stereotypically Im a mystery wrapped in a puzzle inside an enigma. Im also the anwer to the said enigma, a paradox.
|
|
#22
 2002-10-20, 16:09
|
Nokutaan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
I see myself as an intelligent and deep thinking person. Very friendly with my few friends,really cold and sarcastic with the rest of the world. Usually shy,but if I'm angry I'm the opposite. Even though I'm lazy,I like finishing the things I start,and I hate people who invade my privacity. I'm a paranoic,defensive,greedy,coward asshole. I always try to look like I'm better than YOU,although I'm rarely good at anything. I'm very quiet,and usually I think about things I'm going to say a lot,but end up saying the opposite. I'm an intolerant person and an elitist. I have no problem talking with people I know,but you will hardly ever see me talking with an stranger.
I think people see me as a cold,distant,unfriendly,greedy,haughty,intelligent but lazy,coward person.
[This message has been edited by Nokutaan (edited 10-20-2002).]
|
|
#23
 2002-10-20, 17:55
|
tylerde2006 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
fuck, i wrote a school paper like this once, took me 4 fuxen hours to type, 2 much to put here
|
|
#24
 2002-10-20, 18:14
|
Bogey Man 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
I walk quickly, looking at everything I pass. I laugh loud and blush freely. People often can't tell if I'm laughing with or at them. Nearly every shirt I own is the color blue. I only want non-verbal recognition. I laugh at my own jokes. I have self-diagnosed ADD. I draw cartoons. Many of my cartoons have rabbits. Nikola Tesla has recently added himself to my top 10 list of people and things, along the side of Ayn Rand, Jimi Hendrix and the band CAKE. I play the guitar. I play the piano. I prefer oatmeal raison cookies to Chocolate Chip. I don't like people who talk a lot and have nothing to say. I like people who step outside of their stereotype. Someday I will be an Architect. Someday I will live in Switzerland. I'm an atheist, but that's not who I am. I'm slightly obsessive compulsive. I'm irritated with myself for putting a space in my user name.
|
|
#25
 2002-10-20, 19:52
|
dopeman420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Stereotype Yourself
quote: I prefer oatmeal raison cookies to Chocolate Chip.
right on, man! oatmeal raisin rocks. quote: Are our kind growing or turning into freaky preps and assholes?
i'm pretty much an asshole.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|