About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-17, 15:25
Phantom Phantom is offline
Regular
 
Default Not the place to be posting

I am standing in the 'Production Center' of my college. The computer I am using does not usually allow the access to the internet. I am incredibly bored and I wish I was asleep. No one is helping me, and I'm doubting anyone will show up. This is 15 minutes of my life I'd like back.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-17, 16:22
Poindexter Poindexter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Not the place to be posting

Can you write a college essay for me? Thanks.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-17, 16:57
Phantom Phantom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Not the place to be posting

No.
1. This printer won't do anything but blink
its LED's at me.
2. Do your own work, asswagon.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-17, 19:45
teNsiOn heAd teNsiOn heAd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Not the place to be posting

I read here once that in order to get past the content filter at college, to go to Google and search for "http://www.totse.com" then go from there.... I've done this, and it works, but this doesn't allow me to view any other totse pages (I tried doing the googe search for the individual page addresses, too). Anyone know any stupidly easy ways to access these (and other) pages?

I'm guessing this is a long shot, as it would be pointless having a filter that was so easy to get past, but then... the Google search method worked.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-17, 19:53
Who's Your Daddy? Who's Your Daddy? is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Not the place to be posting

Just a thought but...

what if you created a webpage on a server that was nothing more than a frameset that had a frame that you could surf through.

Perhaps the filter only looks at the parent frame?

[This message has been edited by Who's Your Daddy? (edited 10-17-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-10-17, 21:27
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Not the place to be posting

No.

Phantom: That "Production Center" isn't very productive... is it...
 #7 
Old 2002-10-17, 22:36
Diseased Camel Diseased Camel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Not the place to be posting

quote:
Originally posted by Who's Your Daddy?:
Just a thought but...

what if you created a webpage on a server that was nothing more than a frameset that had a frame that you could surf through.

Perhaps the filter only looks at the parent frame?

[This message has been edited by Who's Your Daddy? (edited 10-17-2002).]



I've come across quite a few of those actually, but unfortunately can't think of any off the top of my head. Supposedly most servers have a list the major sites that offer that and filter them as well.
So maybe the idea would work if you make the "frame site" on your own.
Just a suggestion, the server i'm on has a web filter for internet explorer. However, it doesn't filter websites through AOL. Maybe it's just a glich.
Oh well.

--Camel

 #8 
Old 2002-10-18, 06:01
Phantom Phantom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Not the place to be posting

No. It is currently the wasteofmyfuckingtime center. But i'm not having content problems.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics