About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-17, 04:56
braindead braindead is offline
Regular
 
Default reactions to body modifications

today i was in the mall doing some shopping (actually i was dragged there by the old lady) and while i was in one of the stores a little kid ran into my leg. probally about 3. the little girls mother grabbed her and said to the child, "stay away from him sweetie" and then hurried off with her kid. i was dumbfounded. it seemed like she thought i was gonna pick the kid up and eat her or run off and sell her or something. i have quite a few peircings and im covered in tattoos.

is it just me or do people treat other people with body modification like aliens or something? maybe im just over-reacting or i took it the wrong way but if i was in a suit and tie with neatly groomed hair and glasses would the women have had the same reaction?

just wondering what other people with modifications have experienced.

 #2 
Old 2002-10-17, 05:16
crocodile dundee crocodile dundee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

It is a sad fact of life but yes.

people often judge you or place u in a 'basket' if u have peircings or tats.
especially so if u have more than a few.

no, if u had a suit i doubt she would have said that.

I work in an office...when i line up in the supermarket with my work clothes & only a few items women always let me go before them.

when i am wearing my 'normal' clothes this rarely happens.

I have a tat on my arm (celtic band) but it has to be covered for work...

people fear what they do not understand.

i doubt it will change anytime soon

croc

 #3 
Old 2002-10-17, 11:06
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

At least you have a choice about looking like you do.

I get irritating reactions due to my back; and I can't do a damn thing about it.

Most of the time I am able to totally ignore it, but being bi-polar there are those times when it just comes at the wrong time and it can have a large effect [I'm glad that that doesn't happen too often.

The reactions I get vary but fall into a few categories; mostly grouped by age and gender.

The one I hate the most - on those occasions that I don't/can't ignore it - come mostly from young women [and I include those all the way up to my age: thank you very much ].

By and large their reaction is to assume I'm depressed based on how I look when I'm walking [head down and all]. "Look up, it's not so bad", "Cheer up!", and "Look up and let me see you smile!" are some common things I hear.
Alone, that wouldn't bug me. It's when they find out my condition; then they pour on the fucking pity.

I hate, hate, hate pity!!!

I am slowly losing more ability and range of motion. I try my best to have a positive self image [something I'm afraid I have utterly failed in]. Pity undoes what little progress I am able to make.

it validate the voice in my head that says that I look like a mutant - even though I know in the rational part that it can't be as bad as I think.

It's impossible to have a bad self image and still have confidence enough to try for any sort of social life [read: dating], not only is that why I am still single, it is also why the last woman I went out with was my wife [before we split up, obviously].

[Sorry, I digress; and this is not a subject I care to go into any more than this.

I may even decide, upon reading it after I've had some sleep, to delete that whole part.
Ah, but you'll [the collective totse 'you'll'] never know if I do, so I don't know why I'm still typing here.

Right. Moving on to adult males:

Mostly with adult males I get a flat 'What's wrong with you?'; in a tone that is more an accusation than a question.

I used to give the whole explanation - when I did chose to even react. But that just got tedious. So I now say that me and a motorcycle lost an argument with the side of a mountain. Most of the time that will serve to shut the person right up.

The other thing I mostly hear from adult males is "Look up" or " Watch where you're going".

That one I almost always find I must respond to [The disease has done nothing to my male ego ].

Depending on the tone used [and my mood, I guess], I will usually just fire off an "I would if I could" or an "I'd really love to do nothing more that that."

I've even had a couple of guys actually walk into me! They had expected me to get out of their way!

Every time this has happened the guy always says "Why don't you watch where you're going?!". To which I get to answer with the old "Because I can't: What's your excuse?"

Now a there is one group who reactions to me do bother me more - more than they should too, though I still am able to let most of it leave me unaffected.

It's kids; there's two groups: the under 6 or so, who are mostly female. They bother me the least, though even their reaction can get to me if I'm in the right [or wrong] state of mind.

They react as if I'm Frankenstein�s monster: They are actual afraid of me [remember, I'm talking about 'them' in a most general sense - as I did with the other groups]. The try to hide behind mommy, get ever more terrified the closer I get: some have gone into out and out hysterics: that poor kids mother was so mortified and embarrassed. She apologized over and over to me. That one I found funny as I did the time I was standing in line at the grocery store - I was still in the body cast/halo, and this little girl - about 5 or 6 years old -she just kept staring at me. No fear in this one, curiosity; you could see the curiosity. Finally she asked me - very politely, I might add, what happened to me [that I had such a contraption bolted into my head].

I look down at her with a serious expression; bent back to look up briefly
at her mom so she could see I wasn't PO'd.

Looking back at the little one I said - in the most serious tone I could: "I didn't eat my vegetables".

The other group [of kids I was referring to above] is between, I'd say, 9 and 11 or 12, and are mostly males.

The latter group's main thing, when they see me walking towards them or near them, is to act like some mutant zombie creature is coming towards them: They scramble to get out of my way - well out of my way - while making sure that I and everyone around know.

As I said, I can mostly just ignore such crap: they are only kids after all.

Occasionally someone in a group will get bold and throw some age appropriate insults my way. That is a bit harder to let go, but I mostly do.

However, there was this one real fucking obnoxious bastard of a boy. He just couldn't let it go, he thought he was impressing the whole block with what he thought was witty comments directed at someone who, though bigger than him, couldn't do anything to him even had I wanted to. Probably true, so he figured himself totally safe an immune from any retaliation.

Silly boy.

I think it must have been his first lesion in how the word can cut as deep or deeper than a knife; because I really gave him both barrels, as it were.
[And while I do sometimes get a small pang of guilt when I think about it; it never lasts long; he was that much of a little shit.

What did was walk right up to him, bent backwards [so I could look him in the eye as best as I could - this only gave him more confidence, which was as I intended]. I then deflated his bluster.

What I said to him went along the lines of this:
"Ah, a cleaver little shit aren't you? Sure; I many look quite funny to you when I walk, but at least I am able to walk after hitting the side of a mountain on my motorcycle at over 95 mph.

A motorcycle, I might add, of the type you'll never be able to own. Because while my looks now be such to cause you great amusement, they will never cause any door of opportunity to be closed to me, and I know that you already know that you can't say the same for yourself.

Face it: unless you win the lottery - which you can't because your not here illegally - you have only two hopes of ever making more than minimum wage: Sell drugs or pray the Government decides to pay reparations; and I wouldn't hold my breath on that one!


In fact, while you may have got a few minutes of fun at my expense, I will have many over the years at your expense each time I think about how statistics say that before you're half my age you will either be in jail or dead. And I'm sure that someday you'll make somebody a great wife!"

And I turned and walked away.

Damn, this is just too much to have written about nothing.

I'll post, but only because I'm not going to have wasted the time, stiffened my shoulder joints from standing and bending over this key board since 1:00am [it's now 3:50am].

That don't mean I won't delete all or part of this upon wakeful rested [but, alas, still pained ]

You can bet your sweet bippy that I'm not posting anything more until I am rested.

Good bloody night/morning all.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-17, 13:01
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

Frankly, I reckon the only tatoos people find acceptable are on females with the little butterfly above their ass and possibly some others, not sure though
 #5 
Old 2002-10-18, 19:23
lilymunster lilymunster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

Ive had many many mothers shoo their kids away from me. Most children LOVE tattoos, bat least the bright, big ones, and they are very curious.

There is a fantastic tattoo artist, named Grime, who happened to be burned and he looks frankly, odd, and to top it off he of course has huge tattoos. He gets swarmed at conventions, he is insanly popular because his work reflects his frustrations-- an explosion of color and so much passion. I have his book, " Two Year Autopsy", its so wonderful.

"Normal" people are usually very ignorant. I get mad when people stare or ask stupid questions but the thing is-- your differences distiguish you apart from the rest of the cattle. Your pain has brought you wisdom.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-18, 23:33
SATURNROCKETX SATURNROCKETX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

I hate American society as it is now, but if you dress like an alien your going to be treated like one.
Me, I dress as plainly and inconspicuously as can be imagined. Normal sized clothing, jeans and t-shirts, nice glasses, short haircut.
When I walk into a room, down the street or drive a car I'm the one who gets stared at with suspicion. Why? Because most Americans are freaks, and I am not. They are like jews who can tell if your a gentile or not, despite what you affect.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-18, 23:37
Ursus Ursus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

Meta,
What is the name of the disorder you have?
I would like to know more about it.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-18, 23:37
SATURNROCKETX SATURNROCKETX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

Oh yeah. These same parents who shooed their kid away from you are the same parents who smile at every negro and mexican and mud they come in contact with, who excuse the most outrageous non-White atrocities to their children and who send their children to schools full of depraved angry non-White savages who are taught to hate, abuse and victimize White folk, starting with such a mother's own daughter. These parents are afraid of you because your a White who isn't acting like the rest of the herd, a White who might dissent with our jewish masters. Can you imagine an American White mother in this day and age saying "Stay away from him" in regards to a deranged criminal black animal in such an enviroment? I cannot. Its cowardly and sickening.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-18, 23:48
braindead braindead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

saturnrocket, im sure they love the very large tattoo of a crucified skin on my forearm. 14 words

[This message has been edited by braindead (edited 10-18-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-10-18, 23:49
SATURNROCKETX SATURNROCKETX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

To Meta- "thats some great drivin' Mr. Beeeee". I'm impressed with your battle. I fully believe in triumph of the will.
That nigglet is going to be on a boat back to Africa (if he doesnt resist), before he even learns how to make fake crack rocks. White revolution is on the way.
Buy a gun though, those negrets are vengeful.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-18, 23:50
SATURNROCKETX SATURNROCKETX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

quote:
Originally posted by braindead:
saturnrocket, im sure they love the very large tattoo of a crucified skin on my forearm. :O


Its on my T-shirt. No actually I only have one tat and its not even visible and its not even racial. I do not look like any kind of uniformed pro-White.

Wait...you mean YOU have a big crucified skin on your forearm? 14 words indeed!


[This message has been edited by SATURNROCKETX (edited 10-18-2002).]
 #12 
Old 2002-10-19, 00:10
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

quote:
Originally posted by Ursus:
Meta,
What is the name of the disorder you have?
I would like to know more about it.



meta i am also curious as to what you describe. lol great one with the kid though if you wouldn't mind.... that is of course you are feeling up to it... would you send me an e-mail of what this disorder is (the reason i say e-mail is because you may feel a little awkward saying it here) ? my e-mail is.
.
pyrus at shaw dot ca
.
that is of course if you don't mind. it is totally up to you. i only know partailly how you feel with beenin treated diffrent for who you are.


thanks a bunch


Peace,
-Warweed12
 #13 
Old 2002-10-19, 03:49
Ursus Ursus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

Ankylosing Spondylitis?
 #14 
Old 2002-10-20, 22:30
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

.... english please
 #15 
Old 2002-10-21, 17:44
Ursus Ursus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

I was wondering if the disorder that Meta has is Ankylosing Spondylitis. The symptoms fit... That's all.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-28, 17:55
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: reactions to body modifications

Just out of curiosity, which of the symptoms fit.

And, how do you come to know about A.S.?


.


.


[because, ya know....You're right ]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics