|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-10-16, 08:09
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
I Really Would Like to Know...
I came across something in a thread just now, that I see quite often. While reading down the thread, I sometimes come across one that merely quotes a previous reply and there is nothing added to it. It is not commented on - for good or bad. What's the point of this?
- Is it an error on the part of the person making that post?
- Is there some meaning to it that I, on the side of the line closer to dotage than the rest here, am no longer hip enough to 'get'?
- Is it an attempt to just raise the number of posts?
- Something I haven't thought of?
This time, though, I feel an urge to finally ask about it - I truely am curious: am I missing something, or what?
|
|
#2
 2002-10-16, 15:45
|
teNsiOn heAd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I Really Would Like to Know...
I've often wondered the same thing myself.... anyone gonna reply?
|
|
#3
 2002-10-16, 15:48
|
Abomb 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I Really Would Like to Know...
1. Who was he? 2. So he posted 2 replyes by a single person? 3. were they 1 after the other 1?
|
|
#4
 2002-10-16, 16:00
|
|
|
Re: I Really Would Like to Know...
maybe they have nothing to add ...
|
|
#5
 2002-10-16, 16:22
|
Who's Your Daddy? 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I Really Would Like to Know...
It's usually just someone trying to be smart by implying and not saying.
95% or better though, they come across as an idiot.
|
|
#6
 2002-10-16, 16:22
|
PsychoTropic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I Really Would Like to Know...
quote: Originally posted by Metaphysicist: I came across something in a thread just now, that I see quite often.
While reading down the thread, I sometimes come across one that merely quotes a previous reply and there is nothing added to it. It is not commented on - for good or bad.
What's the point of this?
- Is it an error on the part of the person making that post?
- Is there some meaning to it that I, on the side of the line closer to dotage than the rest here, am no longer hip enough to 'get'?
- Is it an attempt to just raise the number of posts?
- Something I haven't thought of?
This time, though, I feel an urge to finally ask about it - I truely am curious: am I missing something, or what?
|
|
#7
 2002-10-16, 16:27
|
Abomb 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I Really Would Like to Know...
PsychoTropic WTF...... i think u did what Metaphysicist is trying to say and Who's Your Daddy? is right :
|
|
#8
 2002-10-16, 16:32
|
quandary 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I Really Would Like to Know...
humour
|
|
#9
 2002-10-16, 19:00
|
beatmeofficer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I Really Would Like to Know...
I've noticed that too. Sometimes the poster actually does reply, but the reply is within the quoted area. I hope that makes sense.
|
|
#10
 2002-10-16, 19:23
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: I Really Would Like to Know...
Hmm, I'll have to watch for that: I honestly never thought to check.
Cool, thanx.
|
|
#11
 2002-10-17, 16:04
|
PsychoTropic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I Really Would Like to Know...
I did that just for humour. beatmeofficer is right, alot of time people will put there replies inside the message to reply to certain sentences.
|
|
#12
 2002-10-17, 17:07
|
Phantom 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I Really Would Like to Know...
I really hope people aren't posting just to increase their number of posts. If you do this, the number is merely a reflection of how much time you spend online and how much you can waste your time. Good job. I bet you'll want those hundreds of hours of existence back when you realize how fucked up your wrists have become from CTS.
|
|
#13
 2002-10-22, 23:46
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: I Really Would Like to Know...
I do it just to reiterate what was said before.
But mostly I imagine it's idiots who don't know what they're doing.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|