|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-10-13, 00:57
|
ScorchedWeasel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Arc Welder
I'm looking into buying an arc welder, and I wasn't sure what kind to buy, I of course don't have alot of money so Canadian Tire's Lincoln 225-Amp Arc Welder worth $369.99 looked attractive, now I'm concerned that such a cheap unit could be of crappy quality, any help would be appreciated
|
|
#2
 2002-10-13, 00:57
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Arc Welder
and you are using this for?....
|
|
#3
 2002-10-13, 01:23
|
ScorchedWeasel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Arc Welder
welding shit, heh, actually I want it for a bunch of stuff mostly vehicle related, ie. exaust systems, roll bars, etc. some other non-really heavy applications, also maybe a mig would be better I honestly don't know
|
|
#4
 2002-10-13, 01:35
|
Global Dominator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Arc Welder
An arc welder has become a generic term for a MIG welder. If you only want one for doing the things you mentioned then a MIG will do you fine. A TIG welder gives you a finer weld, but that is normally used on things needing a finer weld.
Cars, bikes, standard steel welding, etc., can be done and done well with a MIG setup. There are some things you may need to go to stick for, mostly if you need to weld cast iron or if you need to use a nickel rod, but like I said, a MIG is good for most stuff.
One of my many friends who adore me has about 4 different welding setups, he is the one that does all my welding for me. If you want to get into anything fancy, let me know and I will have him answer all your questions.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|