|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-10-12, 23:46
|
lokisdaki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
This guy I know has just been awarded a settlement for a large piece of cash. 5 figures a year; where I believe he receives a check each month. I have a couple ideas on how to get some of his cash but they're more risky than I would like. How would you suggest I snag a little piece from the newly rich asshole?
|
|
#2
 2002-10-13, 00:06
|
Tooth Fairy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
5 figures a year, does not a wealthy person make.
And what entitles you to any of it?
|
|
#3
 2002-10-13, 00:10
|
junglist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
get a job, thats usually the best way to make money. of you could start prostituting yourself to him, which is sort of a job, and just as low-life as stealing from him.
|
|
#4
 2002-10-13, 00:52
|
braindead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
by the way lokisdick, do u pay weekly rates at a motel?
|
|
#5
 2002-10-13, 02:14
|
lokisdaki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
Thank you for your blatant unnecessary comments. Your opinion doesn't mean anything to me, so there is no point in your conveyance. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
|
|
#6
 2002-10-13, 02:30
|
TheSell0ut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
quote: Originally posted by lokisdaki: Thank you for your blatant unnecessary comments. Your opinion doesn't mean anything to me, so there is no point in your conveyance. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
I've got an idea for you, in a few months(or weeks) feign illness and poverty, tell him you need some money to get back on your feet but you just got fired and don't have any food in your fridge. That might work. Also, if he is bi or gay, you could fake an attraction to him, get him into a relationship, and no I'm not jokeing.
|
|
#7
 2002-10-13, 02:38
|
silentstalker060 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
quote: Originally posted by lokisdaki: Thank you for your blatant unnecessary comments. Your opinion doesn't mean anything to me, so there is no point in your conveyance. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
Asking something this stupid is gonna get stupid remarks. Just because your friend got money doesnt automatically make it so that you should get some too. Go find yourself a job.
|
|
#8
 2002-10-13, 02:38
|
Tooth Fairy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
quote: Originally posted by lokisdaki: Thank you for your blatant unnecessary comments. Your opinion doesn't mean anything to me, so there is no point in your conveyance. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
If you don't want opinions, you're in the wrong place mate. Also, you ovbiously think you're good at English, but you clearly misunderstand 'context'.
|
|
#9
 2002-10-13, 03:05
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
quote: Originally posted by lokisdaki: How would you suggest I snag a little piece from the newly rich asshole?
Here's a unique idea for you...How about trying to be the same friend to him now as you were before. Every other greedy slimeball in the world is trying to do the same thing you are. Why not be different? Why not be a real man and be a real friend? Why not disregard his money and be the same as you were before? This would be a test of character for you. Do you have character? This is probably the most 'helpful' suggestion you'll get. But not to worry, ol' Nox isn't confused, you won't do as I suggest. Your greed gland is already working overtime (hence the subject of this topic). What a pity. This chap needs a real friend now and look what he's got. But you've got your 'character' (what ever it is). Nox
|
|
#10
 2002-10-13, 06:02
|
culinaryoverlord 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
I agrree with NOX, the best way you can get something out of this fellow is to just be yourself, if he trips out on having income and not working(which happens to most people that get easy dough), and gets all fucked up and egotistical, just smile and go along for the ride. Eventually he will regognize you as "one of the guys that stuck with me when I got all screwed up". I have a few rich friends, I enjoy partying with them but I would never try to get a bit of their dough because that would make me a "business partner" or "charity case". Chances are if you put yourself off as pathetic enough he/she will pony up some dough, just depends on how proud/honest you are. Then again, if the guys an asshole, all bets are off, get what you can.
|
|
#11
 2002-10-13, 06:52
|
Carisa 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
If you don't ask for anything and just be yourself your more likely to get some $$ than if you actually "try" to
|
|
#12
 2002-10-13, 09:55
|
Tooth Fairy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
quote: Originally posted by culinaryoverlord: I agrree with NOX, the best way you can get something out of this fellow is to just be yourself, if he trips out on having income and not working(which happens to most people that get easy dough), and gets all fucked up and egotistical, just smile and go along for the ride. Eventually he will regognize you as "one of the guys that stuck with me when I got all screwed up". I have a few rich friends, I enjoy partying with them but I would never try to get a bit of their dough because that would make me a "business partner" or "charity case". Chances are if you put yourself off as pathetic enough he/she will pony up some dough, just depends on how proud/honest you are. Then again, if the guys an asshole, all bets are off, get what you can.
Clearly, you have no clue as to what it was Nox was saying..........
|
|
#13
 2002-10-13, 11:27
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
quote: Originally posted by Tooth Fairy: Clearly, you have no clue as to what it was Nox was saying..........
Thank you. Now there are two of us on the same wavelength. Nox
|
|
#14
 2002-10-13, 11:37
|
Tooth Fairy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
You're most welcome. :-) I was encouraged by the "I agrree with Nox", but the following, in the same sentence; "the best way to get something out of", kind of threw a wet blanket on the fire of decency.
Crikey, I sometimes have great trouble withholding anger at the general population. Some people ask 'where's the humanity?' I am unfortunately often inclined to answer; Well two thirds are in the gutter........
|
|
#15
 2002-10-13, 12:30
|
Tanna 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
Morals? Decency? What are they? only two thirds in the gutter, thats a bit optimistic.
|
|
#16
 2002-10-13, 12:33
|
Tooth Fairy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
quote: Originally posted by Tanna: Morals? Decency? What are they? only two thirds in the gutter, thats a bit optimistic.
So what's your fucking point?
|
|
#17
 2002-10-13, 12:46
|
Tanna 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
I was agreeing.
|
|
#18
 2002-10-13, 17:02
|
culinaryoverlord 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
Hows the air up there, you guys are in the nosebleeds at morality stadium. That I used the phrase "The best way to get something from this guy" shouldn't overbear the fact that I also told him to be himself and stick with his friend regardless of the fact that he might get a little snooty with the easy access to cash. Cheers
|
|
#19
 2002-10-13, 20:23
|
lokisdaki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
You people are ridiculous. I am not conceited and feel I am better than any of you, or that I have a great understanding of english. I am not trying to sound smart with what I type, I really do not care. I am not a greedy bastard; I am a very poor college student. You do not know the 'context' behind the money this guy has received. He is a bad person and luckily for him being a bad person got him the money. How dare any of you judge me or him. You all make this guy sound like he is a nice dear friend and a saint. I don't slander you why slander me. Instead of sitting at home or work with nothing to do but comment on this board all day long, you goody two shoes should get a fucking life and enjoy it. Or maybe you're all too fat and ugly for anyone to befriend you. I pity you. Despite my comments I don't care what you have to say, so bring on the slandering!! Oh yeah, I figured out a sure fire way to get me some dough, so fuck off.
|
|
#20
 2002-10-13, 21:18
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
quote: Originally posted by lokisdaki: or that I have a great understanding of english.
Most people capitalize the e in English. "Great understanding"? How about mediocre at best. quote: Originally posted by lokisdaki: I don't slander you why slander me.
Speaking of English (as in language) I don't understand where you get that you were slandered. Maybe you can find a dictionary that defines slander in a way that fits what you are talking about. This guy may be a dirtball (according to you), but your lack of character as shown by your topic shows that you are a bigger dirtball. Now if you define what I just said as slander, I submit that what I just said is defined as factualizing. Nox
|
|
#21
 2002-10-13, 21:56
|
deptstoremook 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
Wow metaphor city.
|
|
#22
 2002-10-14, 03:18
|
lokisdaki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
SLANDER: the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation.
False charges or misrepresentations include "lack of character" and "dirtball".
Your remarks Nox are a misrepresentation of me. You have no evidence to prove that I have a lack of character since it is impossible to lack character. You meant lack of good character, good of course from your perspective. That perspective being an outsider characterizing me by what I have typed here on this board and judging me by your beliefs of right and wrong; which of course depend on the society which you Nox have been inscribed. Your views are relative and your proof that I lack good character is relative. Basically what I am trying to convey to you and others is that I have character, good or bad all dependent on your views of my desire to take what isn't mine in the context of the situation. Many of you, probably all, have taken something that isn't yours. In certain contexts stealing may be illegal but not wrong. Therefore, from my perspective appropriating money from the newly rich individual isn't wrong. As you do not understand the context of the situation, but I do. So maybe you would actually agree with me (just ponder that for a second). I do not wish to share with you the details of my aquintance's riches for a very important reason. So you cannot without the understanding of the situation justfully deduce your perspective. Which means you cannot judge my future actions, if I do appropriate the money, of being right or wrong. Therefore, by saying I lack good character and that I am a dirtball you are judging me on the basis of what little facts you think you know. Or that you are wrong and have no idea what you are writing about. All I initially wanted from posting this topic were suggestions on methods of stealing the money. But you and others had to give me your opinion which isn't worth anything, see above argument. And no I don't care about my misspellings, and grammatical errors; I am not turning in what I write to be graded, so I don't care. You understand what I am writing despite the errors. And yes I am glad you have a wonderful understanding of the EEEEEEnglish language, you should, you write quite a lot and probably have a great education, and/or you read a lot.
One more thing, you may have the last word in this little discussion as I am a mature individual. I have stated my opinion and clearly stated I do not care what you think since your argument has no basis for validity. And yes, definitively I am right to steal in this scenario, but that is just my belief relative to my societal middle-class norms and my wishful deviance of intrusion.
I do apologize for my slandering in my previous post which was never intended initially.
|
|
#23
 2002-10-14, 15:04
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
quote: Originally posted by lokisdaki: Therefore, by saying I lack good character and that I am a dirtball you are judging me on the basis of what little facts you think you know.
Everything that I know about you is now contained in three of your posts (unless you are a reincarnation of another screen name). I have judged the content of you character based upon 100% of that information. Don't try to use a faulty logic train to excuse your lack of commonly accepted moral fiber. We are not talking about any actions (stealing) that I may or may not have performed. We are talking about YOUR actions. YOU brought the subject up, not ME. Do not try to deflect the focus of this discussion. One other small point here: Yes, I am using my moral standards to judge you. Yes, this is my opinion. And yes, like you, the fact that you care not for my opinion means nothing...but then, I didn't start this topic did I? quote: Originally posted by lokisdaki: And no I don't care about my misspellings, and grammatical errors; I am not turning in what I write to be graded, so I don't care. You understand what I am writing despite the errors. And yes I am glad you have a wonderful understanding of the EEEEEEnglish language, you should, you write quite a lot and probably have a great education, and/or you read a lot.
YOU were the one who brought up the subject of your command of the English language, not me. All I did was point out how eloquently you displayed this vast knowledge. Thank you for providing the opportunity for me to run over you with the MACK truck named "Bonehead Mistakes". quote: Originally posted by lokisdaki: One more thing, you may have the last word in this little discussion as I am a mature individual. I have stated my opinion and clearly stated I do not care what you think since your argument has no basis for validity.
My ego can handle not having the last word...I will allow you that honor. quote: Originally posted by lokisdaki: And yes, definitively I am right to steal in this scenario, but that is just my belief relative to my societal middle-class norms and my wishful deviance of intrusion.
This sentence is absolutely amazing. I have no clue what it means. Are you perchance a politician? Nox
|
|
#24
 2002-10-14, 16:34
|
TribalMunkey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
Strangely I'm reminded of that horrible movie "The Talented Mr. Ripley" As for moral standards, if you watched that crap movie you may see that taking what is not yours only leads to more or even worse misery. Whether or not either you or your friend are dirtballs, scumbags, or diseased mounds of kangaroo poo, taking a piece of this pie makes you no better than this 'friend' whom you seem to think so highly of.
"May God save you if it is right that he should do so."
|
|
#25
 2002-10-14, 18:26
|
lokisdaki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
Fuck your G-d, let him save you.
|
|
#26
 2002-10-14, 21:17
|
culinaryoverlord 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Newly Rich Aquintance. I WANT SOME!
I feel I must come to the defence of this poor fellow, who hasn't had a rich accquaintance and thought that that with proper encouragement he would spread around some gratuitous dough? You are saying that even forming the thought of getting a little piece of the pie will taint his subsequent actions, is he now damned because he saw someone with more than he needed and wanted a piece? Of course scamming the guy is immoral but if the money itself was derived from dishonest means how can we judge lokidsaki as a bad person for trying to scam a scammer. It's probibly insurance fraud, in which case both a doctor and a lawyer have already had a kick at the kitten. I think loki's first mistake was to describe this person as a friend, he is obviusly just an accquaintance. Damn straight if he went after a friend like that he would be scum, good friends are like gold, and people who scam their friends should be sent to re-education camps to teach them the value of friendship. But as he later explains, the guy is an asshole and deserves it, although this might just be a defence of his intentions, if it is true I think he should take the fucker for all he can get. If he is truly your friend loki', don't be a fool, he is worth far more than his potential as a source of income. If not, it is up to you to decide where your morals stand, someone who grifts is considered a lower life form by most people, at least a good drug dealer sells something, as does a hooker, grifters are a step below both. It is far more important that you be able to look at yourself in the mirror and consider yourself to be a good person than it is to have the approval of people on this site for your actions, the choice is up to you.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|