About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-12, 01:52
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default Shit Is This Scary

I just found an ad, that has a voice. It says:

Hey! Look up here! Click me now! Quick!

I feel sorry for the computer illiterate people who find this banner.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-12, 11:08
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shit Is This Scary

U got the link to where it popped up ?

I would like to see that.

Peace Renegade,
 #3 
Old 2002-10-12, 13:21
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shit Is This Scary

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade:
U got the link to where it popped up ?

I would like to see that.

Peace Renegade,



Its in my Opera browser. I didn't pay for it so I get ads internally. I'll click it for its source next time I see it.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-12, 14:31
phender phender is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shit Is This Scary

i've seen plenty of ads like that. what's the big deal? when i surf for porn like 50 popups come up at once, now that's scary.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-12, 14:36
Doug-44 Doug-44 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shit Is This Scary

quote:
Originally posted by Ironz:
I just found an ad, that has a voice. It says:

Hey! Look up here! Click me now! Quick!

I feel sorry for the computer illiterate people who find this banner.



omg dude, i was downloading music off of kaza and i heard that exact add , it scared the shit out of me.... lol
 #6 
Old 2002-10-12, 14:58
Suicidal Mongoose Suicidal Mongoose is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shit Is This Scary

The worst one is when you have a site with no obvious entrance, and loads of adds, because at least one of them will have "Enter" falshing at you in big letters, just ready to take you to a site on spoons or somthing. This mostly happens on free porn sites that have to use adds to keep themselves afloat

 #7 
Old 2002-10-12, 17:08
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shit Is This Scary

I went into one site and a porn pop up came onscreen and spoke in a womans voice and said : "hey handsome do you want hot, hot sex talk with a beautiful lady?" I was so suprised I jerked the speaker cord out of the computer and almost pissed myself.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-12, 18:38
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Shit Is This Scary

shit like that is scary when your high.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-12, 20:21
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shit Is This Scary

quote:
Originally posted by Cobranaut:
shit like that is scary when your high.


Even worse when your parents are home.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-12, 22:35
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shit Is This Scary

I hate ganbangs, aside from a pop up stopper is there any way to stop the fuckers from replicating?
 #11 
Old 2002-10-13, 13:17
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shit Is This Scary

There's a popular tv ad where a woman, heard from outside, is screaming my name in great distress. I've had the tv on while doing other things many times and hear that commercial. THAT is uspetting.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics