About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-05, 17:05
deptstoremook deptstoremook is offline
Regular
 
Default DVD Encoder???

OK, so I just bought a dvd and I want to know why I can't play it on my computer. I have a dvd-player, of course, but I get the error 'invalid dvd encoder' and it wants me to -buy- one...I ask: WTF?!
 #2 
Old 2002-10-05, 17:27
lilymunster lilymunster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DVD Encoder???

I might have an answer, but first-- where did you get said DVD?
 #3 
Old 2002-10-05, 17:30
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: DVD Encoder???

I think the Texan above me is going to suggest you check your DVD region settings.

I second the motion.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-05, 17:32
lilymunster lilymunster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DVD Encoder???

You are exactly right, my fellow southerner!
 #5 
Old 2002-10-05, 17:33
deptstoremook deptstoremook is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DVD Encoder???

I got the DVD from blockbuster 2000 yards away from me, and after forgetting to put it back in the box they never re-contacted me so I figure it's mine.

Also, I just finished copying the movie files to my computer, but they're in *.vob format...is there a converter anywhere? I don't care about legality, obviously

[This message has been edited by deptstoremook (edited 10-05-2002).]

[This message has been edited by deptstoremook (edited 10-05-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics